Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

2006 Porsche Cayenne Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 06:41 PM
rockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to behold
2006 Porsche Cayenne Turbo

Year: 2006
Make: Porsche
Model: Cayenne
Price: $36000
Mileage: 64800
Color: Gray
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): CA
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: 4WD & AWD

I just placed the add for the CTT on Autotrader and wanted to see if anyone on the forums was interested. The reason I'm selling the CTT is linked below. Absolutely no problems with the CTT. The known failure of the plastic cooling pipes have been replaced under warranty.

So here's the description of the ad on Autotrader:

Beautifully optioned 2006 Porsche Cayenne Turbo with all the standard features of the Turbo model. All wheel drive with adjustable air suspension and Porsche Stability Management. Choose suspension settings between comfort, normal, or sport mode. The vehicle has always been garaged with its stablemate being a 2006 Porsche Carrera 4S. 22" Sport Teckno wheels with 285/35 ZR 22 tires. Navigation system. Bose stereo surround. Auto-dimming mirrors. Alcantara headliners. Bi-xenon headlamps. Stainless steel polished custom Magnaflow exhaust. All service intervals completed. Recent 60,000 mile service completed March 2010. No history of accidents or paintwork. Non-smoker. Very clean interior. Reason for selling vehicle is due to move to the East Coast. Plastic cooling pipes replaced with the aluminum pipes under warranty (no cracks, but dealer replaced coolant pipes due to a smell of coolant. Vehicle never had the opportunity to overheat). Must see in person to appreciate. Excellent condition inside and out.

More photos on Flikr

Vehicle ad on autotrader

Reason for sale here

Any questions please feel free to send a message.

Thanks for looking.

Attached Images      

Last edited by rockstardoc; 05-07-2010 at 12:19 AM.
Old 05-02-2010, 11:39 PM
rockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to behold
Here's Manheim's cost right now. This does not take into account dealer or private party sale. Based on these numbers, the current selling price should be pretty competitive.

US Year:2006
Select Region: West Coast
Make:PORSCHE
Seasonal Adjustment: No
Model:CAYENNEStyle:4D SPORT UTILITY TURBO
Auction AveragesZeroes Indicate No Recent Auction Sales.
See "Transactions" For Week Ending Apr 28
----------Above Average Below Mar2010 Nov2009 May 2009
Sale Price $59,739 $47,029 $34,319 $42,241 $43,880 $40,726
Odometer 22,014 44,027 66,041 52,015 51,452 45,485

Average Auction Odometer 47290

Prices are based on more transactions than shown under 'Transactions', above.
May 3 - May 10 2010
Above Average Below Jun 2010
Auction $56,700 $47,600 $38,500 $47,600
Est. Retail $66,000 $55,700 $45,900 $55,700

Last edited by rockstardoc; 05-03-2010 at 12:35 AM.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:30 PM
Cole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really nice
I have been shopping for a CTT for about 6 months now. So maybe I can give you a little insight from the buyers perspective.

I think this vehicle is really only being looked at by enthusiasts at this point.

Most average sport suv buyers are not going to "stumble" into a CTT and buy one. They simply cost too much for a 5-6-7-8 year old SUV that will be very expensive to maintain as it ages.

Which means most of the enthusiasts looking at them have done their home work. I have been watching and studying them for years now.

There are some differences between 03-05-05-06 but honestly not "major" differences. Not differences that justify spending $15-20K more on a newer year. Right now there are about 50 CTT for sale in the U.S for under $30k with various miles on them ranging from 30-100K. I have seen them sell for as little as $23k with 80,000 miles. (heard rumors of a 100K+ 04 selling in the mid teens, but can't confirm it). There are several 05 CTT under $30k with as low as 40k miles.

The options is the other "trick". Trying to find exactly what you want in the price you want has buyers waiting patiently.

Yours for example happens to meet 90% of my criteria.(Titanium/black/no wood,sport technos) but missing the tow package.

I think your price is inline with other 2006 models. They are newer which can seem nice. However an 04 really is not that much different. Here is an example for you.

2004 Cayenne Turbo Titanium/black 76K, $25,999

That is a $14,000 price difference that people shopping might be looking at.

Also keep in mind that some people may have a hard time getting that large of a loan on that old of a car. (not all, but some).

Just a thought for you.

Old 05-03-2010, 11:19 PM
Motivated to sell. Price lowered to $37,990.

Old 05-03-2010, 11:22 PM
Hey Cole, thanks for the insight. I'll drop the asking price another 2K. I'm just trying to stay within Manheim prices. We'll see what happens.

Old 05-04-2010, 11:37 PM
More photos as requested

Last edited by rockstardoc; 05-05-2010 at 12:34 PM.
Old 05-06-2010, 07:16 PM
pearlwhites is infamous around these parts
I'm interested but my post count won't allow me to pm. Thanks

Old 05-06-2010, 11:58 PM
Hello fellow 6speeders,

Update on my CTT for sale. I am very motivated to sell as I need to make room for its replacement - an E55 AMG.

I have a few interested at 35K, but is also the same offer I have for Carmax. I plan on releasing the car to Carmax at 35K this coming Monday. I am only willing to entertain a private party sale at 36K if anyone is interested.

At $36K, I believe this should be a decent deal, especially considering the condition I have kept my CTT in. I'm sure the dealer will try to sell at $38-39K, my original selling price. However, I don't have the time to wait and would just be willing to sell it off to the dealer.

Thanks for looking.

Thanks for looking.

Old 05-17-2010, 07:44 PM
Sold

Just sold my Cayenne Turbo and replaced with a 2006 E55 AMG. Both apples and oranges, but the E55 AMG was definitely what I was looking for. Can't compare both side by side.

Anyways, I had purchased adjustable crossbars for the CTT but never had the chance to use it. I placed here it in the marketplace section for sale if anyone is interested.