Location (State):

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

01 911 Turbo, Polar Silver, 6spd, GT2 look, 42k miles, $48k firm!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 12:46 PM
Site Sponsor
DrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond repute

Year: 2001
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Price: $48000
Mileage: 42850
Color: Polar Silver
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): TX
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: 4WD & AWD

Would you be interested in a straight trade?

Old 05-31-2010, 06:53 PM
GT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant future
u want my old car jason?

Old 05-31-2010, 07:47 PM
Site Sponsor
DrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GT650-25
u want my old car jason?
ur slow porsche im teasing....im interested in a 996tt in this range for a project car, and I know yours is super clean Pej.

Old 06-10-2010, 01:04 PM
AdamW81 is infamous around these partsAdamW81 is infamous around these parts
Car is still for sale, had a serious local buyer who actually spent $500 on a PPI at the local porsche dealer. Before getting the results he ended up coming across a 'steal he couldn't pass up' on another car. PPI came back great with only a few minor clean up items I'll be doing over the weekend.

The only other thing that it noted is one of the headers is dented with possible hairline cracking, I've purchased some ported oem headers and new gaskets and will be replacing the headers as soon as I get those next week. If you do any research on the forums you will find that oem ported headers are recommended as being better or equal to any aftermarket headers until you exceed 700whp.

You will not find a cleaner car with whats done to this one for near my price of $48k.

Old 06-10-2010, 01:37 PM
mpw32 is a jewel in the roughmpw32 is a jewel in the roughmpw32 is a jewel in the roughmpw32 is a jewel in the rough
Beautiful car! Exactly what I want when I enter the market, unfortunately I have to wait until next spring otherwise I would jump on it. GLWS!

Old 06-10-2010, 04:03 PM
jc767 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by AdamW81
Car is still for sale, had a serious local buyer who actually spent $500 on a PPI at the local porsche dealer. Before getting the results he ended up coming across a 'steal he couldn't pass up' on another car. PPI came back great with only a few minor clean up items I'll be doing over the weekend.

The only other thing that it noted is one of the headers is dented with possible hairline cracking, I've purchased some ported oem headers and new gaskets and will be replacing the headers as soon as I get those next week. If you do any research on the forums you will find that oem ported headers are recommended as being better or equal to any aftermarket headers until you exceed 700whp.

You will not find a cleaner car with whats done to this one for near my price of $48k.
what were the other 'minor clean up items' noted?

what headers are on there now?

Old 06-10-2010, 04:22 PM
Originally Posted by jc767
what were the other 'minor clean up items' noted?

what headers are on there now?
Gemballa (i.e. cargraphic) headers are on there now. From talking to one of the tuners they actually are known to be prone to cracking, I can't see any cracks but one is dented and the dealer says its cracking so I'd rather just replace it. I'll keep the gemballa headers for the new owner if they want them. Who knows maybe the dent was effecting the turbos and I'll squeeze a slight bit of faster spool with the new ones.

Here is what else was noted on the PPI that I'm going to do in the next few days:

• Rear tires are cupping with a little more wear on the inner edges, alignment might be a little aggressive on the toe in. Tires have about 7k miles on them and at least 3-4k left (another year of driving for me) even with the current alignment.
  • Brakes need to be flushed (will do once I get some new fluid this next week)
  • K&N air filter needs to be cleaned (last cleaned it about 6 months ago)
  • Notes the front diff seals are slightly 'seaping'...all they recommended was topping fluid off. There is no visible drips or leaking (and no spots on the undercarriage suggesting there has been). *Did some research, looks like the seals are about $30 and would need two of them if they got worse (again, Porsche says nothing is needed at this time)
  • Drains underneath front of car need to be cleaned
  • Fender liner at FR tire is 'cracked'...this is the half inch flap hanging down in front of the tire, it is not cracked it is cut off. I'm assuming it cracked for a previous owner and they just removed that little section...its probably under $50 to replace if someone cared that much (I'm not planning to do anything about this one)
  • Leaves/Debris needs to be cleaned up around radiators - these cars are notorious for trapping leaves and such back in the front bumper with the radiators. *Did some research looks like this is an easy clean up but requires removing the front bumper (probably take me 2 hours or so). Going to try to get to this this weekend.
  • Needs new windshield wipers

I think everything together on that list is probably less than $100 in total unless someone really wanted to realign the rears.

Last edited by AdamW81; 06-11-2010 at 06:59 PM. Reason: *corrected rear tire info and added more info on front diff, added info on radiator clean up
Old 06-12-2010, 02:50 AM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
Beautiful car, if only I had $48K burning a hole in my pocket...A few other mods that you didn't mention to list but are nice little details to the trained eye are:

-Paint matched bumperettes on the rear bumper
-Clear front side markers
-Aluminum Pedals and dead pedal

Those were just a few little details that caught my eye, you may want to update to include them in your original post. I LOVE Polar silver, I remember when it came out on the 993's and couldn't believe how nice it looked in person. One of my favorite colors. Honestly, I can't figure out why Porsche went away from it. Nothing against Actic silver, but I think the Polar looks much nicer with it's slightly bluish tint. Good luck with the sale, I truly hope this goes to an enthusiast and stays here in the 6speed family.

Last edited by ScottKelly911; 06-12-2010 at 02:55 AM.
Old 06-13-2010, 02:10 AM
Fastfrank is infamous around these parts
Beautiful car!
How much power do you suppose this makes?
Any dyno #'s?

Old 06-14-2010, 07:47 AM
Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
Beautiful car, if only I had $48K burning a hole in my pocket...A few other mods that you didn't mention to list but are nice little details to the trained eye are:

-Paint matched bumperettes on the rear bumper
-Clear front side markers
-Aluminum Pedals and dead pedal

Those were just a few little details that caught my eye, you may want to update to include them in your original post. I LOVE Polar silver, I remember when it came out on the 993's and couldn't believe how nice it looked in person. One of my favorite colors. Honestly, I can't figure out why Porsche went away from it. Nothing against Actic silver, but I think the Polar looks much nicer with it's slightly bluish tint. Good luck with the sale, I truly hope this goes to an enthusiast and stays here in the 6speed family.
Thanks, didn't realize I forgot to list those, added them

Old 06-14-2010, 07:48 AM
Originally Posted by Fastfrank
Beautiful car!
How much power do you suppose this makes?
Any dyno #'s?
With the current tune should be mid 400's whp maybe closer to 500wtq. With a retune to 1.2-1.3 bar similar cars are making low 500's whp.

Old 06-14-2010, 08:31 AM
ponyboy is infamous around these parts
2001 C4S for Sale

Your car looks very nice! Try the California market... I just sold my '03 C4s with almost the same mods (My version), non turbo with Cargraphics and some added HP, Lots of CF, regular leather interior, 23k miles for a little more money to a dealer. The very first guy who saw it bought it.

Good luck with the sale!

Ponyboy

Old 06-15-2010, 10:58 AM
Sale Pending!

Old 06-16-2010, 02:11 AM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats to you for the quick sale and congrats to the next owner, that truly is a beautiful car with tasteful mods.

Old 07-06-2010, 01:48 PM
Car is officially gone! Anyone looking for comparisons I did end up selling it for my asking price and had several serious buyers offer the same if my original deal fell through. Holding out for several months might have squeezed another grand or two, but I got it sold quickly and the buyer got a good deal