Location (State):

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

01 911 Turbo, Polar Silver, 6spd, GT2 look, 42k miles, $48k firm!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 08:16 AM
AdamW81 is infamous around these partsAdamW81 is infamous around these parts
01 911 Turbo, Polar Silver, 6spd, GT2 look, 42k miles, $48k firm!

Year: 2001
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Price: $48000
Mileage: 42850
Color: Polar Silver
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): TX
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: 4WD & AWD

I have decided to sell my 2001 Polar Silver Porsche 996 Turbo 6spd that I bought from another member here on 6speed. Polar Silver is one of the rarest colors to come on a Porsche being exclusive to the 993 and 996 Turbo models..The standard silver you see on 996 turbo's is arctic silver. Polar Silver is defined by the hint of pearl and has a slight bluish tint in certain light which really sets the car apart from the other factory colors. This car has been maintained at the highest of standards and has been in the hands of only car enthusiasts which becomes apparent when seen in person.

I have driven this car daily with no issues, even driving it cross-country to bring it home when I bought the car. A major concern I have and most have when buying a modded car is reliability - the performance mods on this car are tasteful and conservative, producing a nice improvement over a stock without going to extremes that effect reliability. One thing that really drew me to the car initially was that it had all the supporting mods to move up to big turbos and power if I chose without the risk associated with buying a highly modified car. The new owner can confidently drive this car as is and never worry about reliabilty, or cheaply take it to the next level since the majority of things needed are already done. Below is a list of detailed modifications installed only by professionals with no expense spared. To duplicate the modifications below on a stock 996 turbo would cost you well over $30,000 in parts and labor.

Maintenence:
All records for service (all completed and up to date)
Clutch switched at 20K under warranty
New pads, rotors (less than 7k on brakes)
Recent oil change (December 09...less than 1k miles)

Clutch Accumulator, Slave Cylinder, and Ignition replaced less 2k miles ago (these are by far the most common maint/failure issue on a 911 Turbo. This will likely cost you $1,500 to fix if a car has not had it done in the last couple years but I have already taken care of it for the new owner. **All maintenance during my ownership was done by Ruf in Dallas, TX - if you are unfamiliar with them they specialize in 911 turbos and are one of the most renowned Porsche tuners in the world.**

Notables:
No scratches, no dents, no paint work (beyond GT2 parts & blending obviously), no accidents.

VIN #WP0AB29921S687130

The car does have some rockchips/scratches on the front bumper, a few on lower hood. Not noticeable from more than a few feet away. Also the Gemballa decals pictured on the car are removable.

Do not underestimate the cost of wear items on a car with similar mileage - new clutch, tires, brakes, etc. can easily force you to drop $5-$6k in a 'similar' car that has not done them recently like I have. This car needs nothing at all for quite awhile!

Rather than list it higher and deal with a lot of back and forth, I am asking $48,000 FIRM and am not interested in anything less at this time. If you do not think you are interested at my price please do not waste my time!. My number is 469 - six eight two -3072 or you can email me at awelwood at gmail dot com. I will respond much quicker to that than to PM's as I only check them once a day or so. I am selling because I've decided to get some american muscle, I have nothing requiring me to sell and I'm happy to be patient if I have to, its a great car and like I said I drive it every day!

Mods:

The car does have some rockchips/scratches on the front bumper, a few on lower hood. Not noticeable from more than a few feet away.

Engine Upgrades:

Gemballa Exhaust X50 tips/Cats/Headers
Gemballa Turbos K16/24
Gemballa ECU Tune
Bailey DV's,
Vivid Racing intake box

Suspension:
Cargraphic Coilovers (corner balanced and aligned to GT2 specs)
GT3 sway bars and bushings
TRG Links front and rears

Wheels:
HRE P40 Monoblock in textured gunmetal just over a year old and not a scratch on them
Falkens 235 front and 315 rears (GT2 setup) - Probably 40% tire life left on rears, 75% fronts

Interior:
GT3 Console delete Kit (stock center console included)
Color Matched interior (center top and bottom console, side vents, defroster vents, seat harness area)
B&M Short Shifter
GT3 style Carbon/alcantra seats w Silver stiching -
A pillars, center console, door handles and map covers done in custom suede (matching OEM suede headliner)
Dash covered in custom two tone gray/black real alcantara
Aluminum OEM **** and E brake
Alpine Head unit and speakers
Rear Seat delete (still have rear seats)
Red Seatbelts (OEM Option)
Black OEM Carpet
Cargraphic Aluminum Pedals and dead pedal
There is no other interior like this one, it is very unique and is puts the stock interior to shame.

Exterior:
Mashaw GT2 Bumper
Mashaw GT2 Decklid
Mashaw GT2 Carbon Blade
Mashaw GT2 front carbon lip
OEM GT2 Ducts for front bumper (no mesh)
Paint matched bumperettes on the rear bumper
Clear front side markers
Gemballa decals pictured on the car are removable

Last edited by AdamW81; 06-14-2010 at 07:54 AM. Reason: added items from post #24
Old 05-24-2010, 10:10 AM
element256 is infamous around these partselement256 is infamous around these parts
Beautiful car and a great price point considering what's included.

Old 05-24-2010, 12:14 PM
Durango Kid has a spectacular aura aboutDurango Kid has a spectacular aura about
"I love this <turbo> so much I want to take it behind the middle school and get it pregnant."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnxz3acXM6w

Old 05-24-2010, 09:31 PM
pearlwhites is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Durango Kid
"I love this <turbo> so much I want to take it behind the middle school and get it pregnant."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnxz3acXM6w
lol

Old 05-24-2010, 10:04 PM
cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !
fresh

Old 05-26-2010, 12:17 AM
Bugeater is infamous around these parts
Here is to hoping it doesnt sell and is avail after july 4th.... I know, im a greedy bastard.

Old 05-26-2010, 04:44 AM
993Coupe is infamous around these parts
Amazing car. That's my favorite color and I love those seats!!! GLWS.

Old 05-26-2010, 10:06 PM
cobra_nuggets is a name known to allcobra_nuggets is a name known to allcobra_nuggets is a name known to allcobra_nuggets is a name known to allcobra_nuggets is a name known to allcobra_nuggets is a name known to all
Beautiful!!!!

Old 05-27-2010, 11:27 AM
nlakind has a spectacular aura aboutnlakind has a spectacular aura about
if my cayenne sells in the next week or 2 i'd love to take this off your hands =)

Old 05-27-2010, 05:41 PM
GT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant future
This was my old car...Was the best I ever owned, Buy with confidence as the car is mint and Adam is a great guy to deal with and cares for his cars very much

Old 05-28-2010, 02:44 PM
AdamW81 is infamous around these partsAdamW81 is infamous around these parts
Thanks for all the kind words everyone, I've only posted it here and a couple other forums for now - I'd rather sell it to a fellow enthusiasts and avoid the hassle of the major sales sites, but if it hasn't sold in a month or so I'll deal with the barrage of tire kickers and list it up on autotrader and cars.com (so Bugeater and Inlakind if you are serious you may get your wish!).

Last edited by AdamW81; 05-28-2010 at 02:47 PM.
Old 05-28-2010, 08:40 PM
Jl4punch2 is infamous around these parts
love you car, GLWS

Old 05-29-2010, 04:11 PM
RudyTT is a splendid one to beholdRudyTT is a splendid one to beholdRudyTT is a splendid one to beholdRudyTT is a splendid one to beholdRudyTT is a splendid one to beholdRudyTT is a splendid one to behold
That is a beautiful Turbo, good luck with sale!

Old 05-31-2010, 09:39 AM
jc767 is infamous around these parts
wow, I saw you on the tollway the other day- sick ride.

Old 05-31-2010, 10:20 AM
jqhayden is infamous around these parts
Man I love this car...everything I'm looking for...just slightly out of my price range. Beautiful car though!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 01 911 Turbo, Polar Silver, 6spd, GT2 look, 42k miles, $48k firm!