Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

2006 bmw m5

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 08:46 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
2006 bmw m5

Year: 2006
Make: BMW
Model: M5
Price: $41000
Mileage: 51000
Color: Silver
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): VA
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

Please forward all inquiries here:

joshd

For Sale:

2006 BMW M5 - 51,xxx miles - Silver with Black Extended Leather and Aluminum trim. Private Party sale.

Price:

$41,000

Options include:

- Comfort Access
- Multi-function seats
- Rear Sunshade
- Fold down rear seats w/ski bag (unopened)
- Heated rear seats
- Heads up display

MSRP ~$90K

Modifications:

- black side gills and front grill
- LED (LCI) tail lights and license plate light
- H&R springs (I have OEM)
- professionally installed front and rear hidden radar detector + laser diffusers (2 front/1 rear) - with hidden speaker in passenger footwell and controller in glovebox. Also comes with OEM-looking red light switch installed to the left of the steering wheel. Blinking light varies in intensity to match the radar bogey signal strength (helps when muted). Mute button installed on driver's side of center console.
- RPi Ram Air kit including scoops, block-off plates, and BMC filter
- Advan 19" RS-D wheels - 1/2" wider front and rear versus OEM and lighter with new Conti Extreme Contact DW rear and Michelin PS2 front (stock wheels also convey with sale shod with excellent Winter rubber - Pirelli Winter 240 SottoZerro)
- tinted windows front and rear

Everything else is stock.

This car has been my daily driver for almost 2 years and has been the best and most trouble free car that I've ever owned. It's unique strength is that it doubles both as a mild-mannered executive daily driver (P400 mode, slower throttle response, soft suspension setting), to a surprisingly nimble and edgy beast (P500 sport, stiffer suspension, hair trigger throttle response) that pulls extremely hard especially at higher speeds. I purchased the car with only 17K miles and put 34K highway miles on it due to my 100 mile round trip work commute every day. Therefore the mileage is not low, but you are guaranteed a well-sorted, well-maintained car with a known history of being driven almost every day with zero issues whatsoever.

The Advan wheels set this car apart as I've never seen another car wearing these shoes. The finish has a blackened tint that doesn't show well in pictures. I'm not a fan of chrome at all, but purchased these for the smoked black effect that is better seen in person. Not everyone will love them, so the stockers come with the deal. Both sets of wheels have zero curb rash. The Advans are in perfect condition and I can only find one imperfection on the stock wheels - a tiny rock chip on one of the rears. Stock wheels come with Pirelli Winter 240 Sottozeros with most of the tread left in stock size.

The exterior of the car is in excellent condition, with the expected amount of rock chips on the front bumper/air-dam/lower hood for the mileage. I have the car professionally detailed twice a year, which was just performed recently so it comes with a fresh clay-bar and wax.

The interior is like new minus expected wear on the drivers seat which I also think is very good for the mileage (see pics). There is not a single defect that I can find in the interior. I also believe this to be the most desirable interior combo: black with aluminum trim.

All maintenance up to date, the car needs nothing.

This vehicle is out of the warranty period, and I believe that I have priced it fairly taking that into account as well as the mileage, condition, and extras.

I will post pics as a follow up after the moderators post the thread.

Additional pictures here (fair warning - I'm not a great photographer):

Feel free to call/e-mail/PM with questions.

(c) 703.801.5317
josh.daynard@gmail.com

Old 06-27-2010, 08:59 AM
joshd is infamous around these parts
Thanks Bob!

A few pics.

Old 06-30-2010, 12:54 PM
No love for the E60 M5 here I guess

I drove it today after garaging it for a few weeks, and it just amazes me how strong it pulls considering the size and weight. The S85 V10 motor is pretty much the pinnacle of N/A engineering at BMW now that they are going turbo for future M cars. I love turbos but there is something magical about the instantaneous throttle response of this motor with it's 10 individual throttle bodies and the almost Ferrari like sound. On top of that, these cars can reach 200 MPH when delimited!

A few more pics FWIW ...

Attached Images      
Old 06-30-2010, 01:03 PM
Just a few more.

Attached Images     
Old 07-08-2010, 06:09 AM
Price drop to $39K given the market conditions. I have a ton of pictures if anyone wants to see anything specific.

Old 07-08-2010, 06:18 PM
eve-slow is infamous around these parts
I may be in the market in a couple weeks.

email me at rushgroupdetailing@hotmail.com and we can talk.

Thanks

Dave

Old 07-09-2010, 04:26 PM
Originally Posted by eve-slow
I may be in the market in a couple weeks.

email me at rushgroupdetailing@hotmail.com and we can talk.

Thanks

Dave
E-mail sent. Thanks Dave.

Old 11-22-2010, 07:40 AM
I haven't been actively marketing this car, but I'm itching to get into a 911 turbo (probably 996tt but still hoping for a 993tt if budget allows), so I'm bumping this up as the car is still for sale.

The M5 is in perfect mechanical condition, needs nothing, and is an impressive blend of executive cruiser and autobahn burner. I ran down my friend in his 997.1 GT3RS the other day and he was shocked. These cars have serious legs on the highway.

Price drop to $38K OBO!!!

Thanks,
Josh

Old 11-28-2010, 01:45 AM
SoCal C4S has much to be proud ofSoCal C4S has much to be proud ofSoCal C4S has much to be proud ofSoCal C4S has much to be proud ofSoCal C4S has much to be proud ofSoCal C4S has much to be proud ofSoCal C4S has much to be proud ofSoCal C4S has much to be proud ofSoCal C4S has much to be proud ofSoCal C4S has much to be proud of
Sweet ride. If I was in the US, we might be talking seriously on this one... GLWS.

Old 12-04-2010, 11:47 AM
rmani is infamous around these partsrmani is infamous around these parts
amazing car. just what i'm looking for but alas i'm just too scared of those smg transmissions. one issue and bam 1/3 the cost of the car in repairs.

Truly gorgeous though, best of luck with the sale,

Old 12-04-2010, 01:59 PM
Cscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by rmani
amazing car. just what i'm looking for but alas i'm just too scared of those smg transmissions. one issue and bam 1/3 the cost of the car in repairs.
It would probably be smart and a good idea to pay a couple grand more to get an aftermarket warranty with a car like this. Then you never have to worry.

Nice ride OP, I would definitely trade up if I had the funds. I loved these cars since they first came out.

Old 12-04-2010, 02:13 PM
YelNsx is just really niceYelNsx is just really niceYelNsx is just really niceYelNsx is just really nice
What's the offset on the wheels?

Old 12-06-2010, 07:41 AM
Originally Posted by rmani

Truly gorgeous though, best of luck with the sale,
I don't blame anyone at all for having this fear, but I would like to point out a few things:

- to some extent, I believe the potential maintenance costs are factored into the current market value of these cars ... you're talking about a $90K+ retail car selling for ~1/3 it's original price after 4 years

- these cars have a clutch just like any manual transmission car, and clutches are wear items. However, given that this clutch is electro-hydraulically actuated by a computer program, it tends to be better overall at clutch engagement versus human. Meaning the clutch pack itself is actually likely to last longer versus a car with a clutch pedal upon which people with varying levels of skills may step ...

- I think the most common failure involves the hydraulic pump and lines ... the cost of these repairs is nowhere near 1/3 the cost of the car so I think you're overstating the potential costs ... it's probably more like 1/10 the cost of the car ;-)

Last edited by joshd; 12-06-2010 at 07:51 AM.
Old 12-06-2010, 07:45 AM
Originally Posted by Cscat
It would probably be smart and a good idea to pay a couple grand more to get an aftermarket warranty with a car like this. Then you never have to worry.

Nice ride OP, I would definitely trade up if I had the funds. I loved these cars since they first came out.
I'm looking into purchasing an extended warranty as I know it will help the car sell. However, I tend to have a philosophical problem with paying insurance companies thousands of dollars up front to mitigate a potential future cost that someone may or may not incur. Especially since the insurance company will then do everything in their power to deny a claim after they have your money.

With that said, I'm open to thoughts/offers on how I can fairly price the vehicle with or without a warranty.

Thanks,
Josh

Old 12-06-2010, 07:50 AM
Originally Posted by YelNsx
What's the offset on the wheels?
Stock:

E60 M5 Front Wheel 19"x8.5" offset 12mm
E60 M5 Rear Wheel 19" x 9.5" offset 28mm

Advan RS-D:

19x9 +22mm with a 65mm lip
19x10 +20mm with a 65mm lip

I'm running a 12mm H&R spacer up front. I actually leave the spacer on when I use the stock wheels as they look a bit better more flush with the fenders.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2006 bmw m5