Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

1994 Mazda RX7 - Modded

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 04:43 PM
st4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to all
Red face 1994 Mazda RX7 - Modded

Year: 1994
Make: Mazda
Model: RX-7
Price: $11500
Mileage: 66350
Color: Red
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): VA
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

Up for sale is my red with black interior FD located in northern virginia area. The reason I am selling is because I cannot mod all 3 cars I currently have, and will be putting most of my mod money in the 996tt I have, therefore I have very little time or money left for the Rx7. It has been garaged 90% of the time I have had it.

The car currently has 66000 miles on the chassis. The engine was rebuilt 3500 miles ago by Peter Ferrell supercars, so it is very young. I have a lot of receipts from the original owner who did most of the mods to this car. I did not add any new mods, and put very little miles on it while I owned the car. The only thing I did was clean the air intake filters, add a boost gauge, and add a newer stereo.

Here is the mod list:

Peter Ferrell Rebuild
Silicone vacuum hoses
New fuel pulsation dampener
New radiator
Ground wire kit
Greddy FMIC
Greddy BOV
Greddy dual intakes
Greddy elbow
Greddy Pully Kit
Greddy or HKS downpipe
Dyno tuned (305rwhp)
CCW rims
Coilovers (unsure of brand), aggressive drop
Front/Rear sways (unsure of brand)
Front strut bar (unsure of brand)
Battery relocated to trunk (necessary for FMIC to fit)
Turbo timer
Boost gauge
Temp gauge (not installed)
Short shifter
CWest carbon fiber headlight kit
Unknown after market exhaust
Tinted windows
Aftermarket stereo

Now I will cover the various parts of the cars.

Interior - The interior is in great shape. The door panels look great, as well as the dash. The lighting for the HUD is kinda dim, and a little too dim in some areas. The center console has cracked under the cover. It is not visible but you can feel it, I assume it is from the previous owner leaning on it when entering the car. The carpet is in amazing condition, it must have been replaced. The floor mats are RX7 mats and in great condition.

Exterior - As mentioned, there are various dings. Nothing major, and no rusting. The car's red paint has faded. The front and rear bumpers could use a repainting due to the scuffs. The taillights were painted over red, but that paint is started to fade in some areas. Rims have oxidation, but no cracking or bending. Tires have a ton of tread left. The front fenders have been bent a little due to the car's rather large front tires hitting the fender when bottoming out. I would recommend "rolling" the front fenders to avoid it.

Engine - Engine runs great, turbos spool very loud. Turbos are not burning oil, has a normal boost pattern. No boost spiking that I have seen. Exhaust is pretty mellow IMO, some light backfiring while the car is warming up. The engine does have the typical 3000 rpm hesitation that you'll find in FDs, however, that goes away once the car is completely warmed up. Idle is a little high (1000-1500 rpms) while warming up, but settles down. Pulls very hard. Oil consumption is surprisingly low for a rotary.

Nuances - Has the quirky start bug. This is when you turn the key but the car does nothing. Once you try a couple more times the car will start right up. There is a thread about this on rx7club.com, people are speculating it is due to low voltage for the starter, and someone did make a mod to help. I have never had this car not start. Shifter does take a while to get used to. The first owner installed a short shift kit, then decided to cut some of it off! They slapped a ball shifter right on top. Just takes some getting used to, as it is a very short shifter now.

That about covers it. If you have any other questions or are interested in seeing the car in person, please PM me.

If you would like additional pictures of any areas on the car, let me know and I will get them uploaded.

I am NOT interested in trades.

Pictures - NOTE: In the following pictures if you see the Rx7 with "frog lights" on it, they were installed temporarily. I can include those for free if you want them, however, the fitment/quality is less than stellar.

Old 09-01-2010, 12:41 PM
st4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to all
TTT - Mileage now 66,500

Old 09-06-2010, 02:51 PM
badsupra101 is infamous around these parts
any chance u want a turbo supra? check my fs thread!

Old 09-09-2010, 02:48 PM
No trades. Price is now 10k

Old 09-12-2010, 12:06 AM
pplunkert is infamous around these parts
I may be interested if your car is still available. I am also in the NOVA area. Please pm me with contact info.