Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Pristine '04 Toyota Sienna XLE AWD for sale

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 01:14 AM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Pristine '04 Toyota Sienna XLE AWD for sale

Year: 2004
Make: Toyota
Model: Sienna
Price: $17500
Mileage: 48000
Color: Aspen Green Pearl
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): WA
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: 4WD & AWD

Hello fellow 6speeders: After much deliberation over this past week, I have decided today to sell my 2004 Toyota Sienna XLE AWD minivan and wanted this forum to be the first one to know about this unmolested beauty. This minivan is located in Yakima, WA. I have the clean title in hand. I just pulled a clean carfax today that will be shared with the prospective buyer.

Reason for Sale: Looking to get into a 2011 Cayenne S. The PDCC, PTV, Burmester seems all too enticing...

History: I am the first and only owner. I bought the car from Toyota of Spokane in August 2003 when I first moved to Yakima. My wife and I have always had two other cars for personal use; hence the minivan exclusively served as a weekend family tourer and it now has 48,067 miles. The minivan has had regular recommended oil changes every 6 months. It has led a very pampered life, always garaged, only driven by two non-smokers, my wife and I. It has been up kept and serviced without regard to cost with 95 % of it’s service having taken place at the Bud Clary’s Toyota of Yakima (a few times when the dealer couldn’t accommodate my minivan within a few days, I've taken it to Oil can Henry's for an oil/filter change). Car has never been involved in accidents. Clean carfax.

Model: The minivan is the first year of the second generation Sienna minivan that was rated first in class for that year, beating its longtime rival the Honda Odyssey for the first time in ratings. This along with the AWD drivetrain and exterior styling made us go for it. Contrary to the popular belief that first year models could have growing pains, this beauty has never ever given us any problem/issues. Here is the KBB video review:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kjhWcgQFVE

Condition: The minivan has seen very regular but at the same time very modest use. Mechanically the car is perfect. Every single preventative maintenance item has been attended to with no expenses spared. I've always paid the premium dealer price for every service including a simple oil/filter change without cutting any corners. Right from day one to this date (well after expiry of factory warranty), all service has been performed by the dealer with records available and verifiable through the dealer. Cosmetically it is an 9/10. (see below). The car is finished in Aspen Green Pearl, a color that suits it well. Interior is stone grey leather. The dash, leather, carpets are in excellent shape due to periodic care including leather conditioning. Engine compartment is clean, with no fluid leaks and is free of any wear or visible defects. I have been an automotive enthusiast for years and like to spend a good part of every Saturday washing and detailing my cars. Car detailing is my hobby and passion and I personally challenge myself to keep all my cars factory fresh for as long as possible even if it is a daily driver. One of the reasons for that is I keep my cars for a long time. I have invested about $3K worth of cleaning supplies including a Kranzle pressure washer, deionized water flow system and a hot air dryer for touchless drying of my cars. You cannot find s swirl in the entire painted portion of the car. I only use Griot's garage and Swissvax, Sonax products for my detailing needs. My wife and I do not do short drives especially during cold winter months. We always treat the engine/transmission with utmost care. The car is mechanically perfect and no work is needed at this time.

My minivan usually gets a generous coat of paint sealant or wax in spring. I handwash my minivan every couple of weeks to a month (depending on usage) and cannot remember the last time I took it to an auto carwash. The exterior paint is a 10/10 when it comes to a swirl free sheen and luster and the condition of the paint even surpasses that of a brand new minivan sitting in the dealers lot collecting micro swirls due to the contaminants in the air (like dust, pollen) that it is exposed to. The interior leather is a 10/10 thanks to bi-annual treatment with a vitamin E enriched leather cleaner and conditioner (Leatherique). Even the engine bay gets a thorough cleaning regularly (as you can see with the picture enclosed). The summer tires are two seasons old (with about 8K miles on them) and are currently on the vehicle mounted on aftermarket wheels. I use the stock alloys for my winter set up.

Work and up-grades: The car is totally stock, but has had the following done.

The biggest mistake I made was not having a paint protection clear film installed when I first bought the van. Did not know much about paint protection back then. Hence over the years, the front bumper and hood was filled with road rash and minute rock chips due to years of highway travel. The side of the rear bumper also had a scratch on the right side (was noted after I had parked the car in the parking lot outside Border’s in Puyallup area four years ago). While the car was there for the paint job in the hood and front bumper I wanted this area to be fixed too. I could not bare to see the sight of rock chips/that rear bumper scratch anymore. Hence, I had it professionally re-sprayed this summer a very reputable bodyshop in the Seattle area (West Coast Collison center). I have photodocumentation of the blemishes on the front hood/bumper and rear bumper taken one day prior to the paint job to share with the interested buyer. The quality of paint job in the front/rear bumper and the hood area is a 10/10 for a color match due to the use of water based paint. I guarantee that one cannot tell the difference even in very close quarters. Right from the bodyshop the minivan went to Benjamin at Metropolitan detail (one of the premier auto detailing salons in the Seattle area) to have the full front bumper and entire hood wrapped in Ventureshield Paint protection clear film. This was a custom wrap (not a pre-cut kit) and you will not see any edges of the film as it is neatly tucked under the hood/bumper. This in itself is a $1500.00 job. I had no idea of selling the car, hence wanted the paint protection film installed the best way and that is why the custom install. A pre-cut kit only costs $500 to $600 dollars but does not come anywhere close to a custom job of clear-bra installation. John at Metropolitan detail did a full interior/exterior detail including paint sealant work.

Freebies with this sale include the following:

1. A set of 4 wheels mounted on tires. I have a
studded winter tires mounted on my stock alloy
wheels that should be good for atleast two more seasons.
2. Weather tech all season mats.
3. Hitch and 4-bike rack with tilt-away feature (installed last
summer).

Flaws: The car has a few minor cosmetic flaws that I have been happy to live with. (a) small scratch in the lower aspect of the rear hatch center. Minor linear dent on the right rear passenger side door caused several years ago (only noticeable when in close quarters. The extent of damage did not warrant a fix in my opinion, hence I left it the way it is. The outer bolster on the driver’s seat suffers from the “usual wear” from the driver getting in and out of the seat..again in my opinion this is not bad by any stretch of imagination. All minor stuff in other words.

Finally: A few pictures are included below. I will be taking more detailed pictures after a carwash and interior clean up. Just came back from Seattle today after test driving some SUV's. Better still, come look at the minivan in person. I guarantee that the first person who sees her will take her. The minivan can be viewed by appointment only.

I have been completely honest in representing this minivan that has given me nothing but good luck. I have treated her with great respect and she has returned the favor in every which way possible. I would like to see her go to a good caring home. I have priced it below KBB value for an excellent condition vehicle (they state it as 17,865.00). In addition think about the extras ie. $1500.00 dollar custom clear-bra (paint protection film for the full front hood/bumpers, extra-set of wheels mounted on tires, all-weather mats and hitch/bike rack AND A CARING OWNER. I’m not in a hurry to sell, and want $ 17,500.00 but will consider all serious offers north of $17K. Thank you for looking.

PLEASE NOTE FINAL POST: MINIVAN IS SOLD.

Attached Images     

Last edited by w00tPORSCHE; 09-25-2010 at 08:44 AM.
Old 09-13-2010, 01:52 PM
sfhondapilot Is a GOD !sfhondapilot Is a GOD !sfhondapilot Is a GOD !sfhondapilot Is a GOD !sfhondapilot Is a GOD !sfhondapilot Is a GOD !sfhondapilot Is a GOD !sfhondapilot Is a GOD !sfhondapilot Is a GOD !sfhondapilot Is a GOD !sfhondapilot Is a GOD !
We have a 2009 XLE Limited AWD as our DD. The Gen2's are excellent vehicles. GL with your sale.

Old 09-13-2010, 02:01 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Some pictures of the interior and the minimal blemishes.

Attached Images      
Old 09-25-2010, 08:44 AM
Sold.

Old 09-27-2010, 11:28 PM
DaleCummings is infamous around these parts
'04 Sienna XLE AWD for sale

Hello,

We are are a family of four looking for a mini-van and interested in yours. We just test drove a 2005 yesterday. We live in Seattle; my folks live in Yakima.

Can you tell me if it has any of the following?
... curtain air bags for all three rows of seats?
sun-roof?
DVD?
do you have run-flat tires on it? If so, how many sets of tires have you used on it?

Thank you for your consideration. You can respond directly to our email if you like at dalesong@comcast.net and dale.cummings@kingcounty.gov

Cheers,
Dale Cummings

Old 09-28-2010, 12:00 AM
Dale, thank you for the interest. As you can see from my previous post I sold the van two days ago to a nice family who drove to Yakima from Seattle. They were amazed with the condition of the van and could not hide their smiles when they first saw the minivan. Thank you for the interest and good luck in your search.