Model: 260Z
Price: $124000
Mileage: 0
Color: Tungsten
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): GA
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

Am i seeing this right... $124,000???? or did you mean $12,400?

Old 11-02-2010, 07:19 PM
jnx
jnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to behold
Pretty sure he means $124k

Old 11-02-2010, 07:39 PM
cgmeredithjr is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Rubadubdub
Am i seeing this right... $124,000???? or did you mean $12,400?
A $1,000 less than this one:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...125-000-a.html

Cleve

Old 11-03-2010, 09:23 AM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome, Cleve! We've GOT to get the two of these together for a photo shoot. We could meet in Highlands...

Oh and I see you're playing price wars with me...

(Of course I'm joking. That's just awesome! We're offering that special buyer a CHOICE! The pro/con discussion of our different choices would fill a book if one of the Z forums picked up on this!)

Old 11-03-2010, 09:25 AM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
The moderators really should give us the option to choose 240Z though, and not have to click 260Z. 260Z<240Z, and just erroneous.

Old 11-03-2010, 11:07 AM
Originally Posted by blakt out
Awesome, Cleve! We've GOT to get the two of these together for a photo shoot. We could meet in Highlands...

Oh and I see you're playing price wars with me...

(Of course I'm joking. That's just awesome! We're offering that special buyer a CHOICE! The pro/con discussion of our different choices would fill a book if one of the Z forums picked up on this!)
If there are multiple cars at a certain price point...that should definitely help establish market value correct?

Cleve

Old 11-03-2010, 11:31 AM
Absolutely. When I first posted mine, people questioned how it could cost so much to go all the way through one of these. I'm so happy to see 1) that someone else deems these cars as special as I do, and 2) that now someone can validate the true expense (and also the desireability of the end result) to do it right!

Old 11-04-2010, 02:51 PM
pcarczar is infamous around these parts
Wow is all I can say that 2 of these amazing 240's are for sale side by side. I looked through all of blackt out's build and thinking another one would not come along like this ever. But what do you know. Truly amazing!

Old 11-08-2010, 02:11 PM
Let's see what the eBay market thinks it's worth:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...STRK:MESELX:IT

Cleve

Old 02-10-2011, 01:46 AM
bavarian06 is infamous around these parts
i had to do a double take myself when i saw the price. i have a '70 series 1 240z. i love the car to death; waiting for the day its worth 124K ;D

Old 03-30-2011, 04:04 AM
So now I put my car on eBay and you come put your car on there, just as you did here. Yours is unfinished and bluntly, obviously not the car that mine is. But you come out of the woodwork to try to ride the coattails of my car and I'm pretty much sick of it.

You're showing pictures of it sitting there with the front end all jacked up from having no engine. The interior is dirty in your pictures. Then, you try to play on the subtitle of my auction by saying "World's Finest 240Z RB26 N1 blah blah." It's because it's the only one! Way to really get specific there! Wait a minute... it's not even "one" yet because it's not a complete car!

Such bad taste to come out whenever I work on selling mine with a price slightly less than mine on at a car that is way less than mine. I've tried hard to relate all that my car is through pictures and such, because most can't come see it before they bid. So they're trusting me a bit. You come around with this crap and it's gotta send up the red flag for anyone that might bid on my car. All that it does is demean mine, and the Z community. Get some class. How about letting me set the standard for a Z. It will only help you. Whenever you come around to finishing your car, or at least after I do set the standard, put yours up. But every time... Just look at this thread here even! "$1000" less than this guy. Geesh. Can't buy class.

Last edited by blakt out; 03-30-2011 at 04:10 AM.
Old 03-30-2011, 05:17 AM
Zlatko has a brilliant futureZlatko has a brilliant futureZlatko has a brilliant futureZlatko has a brilliant futureZlatko has a brilliant futureZlatko has a brilliant futureZlatko has a brilliant futureZlatko has a brilliant futureZlatko has a brilliant futureZlatko has a brilliant futureZlatko has a brilliant future
So now I put my car on eBay and you come put your car on there, just as you did here. Yours is unfinished and bluntly, obviously not the car that mine is. But you come out of the woodwork to try to ride the coattails of my car and I'm pretty much sick of it.

You're showing pictures of it sitting there with the front end all jacked up from having no engine. The interior is dirty in your pictures. Then, you try to play on the subtitle of my auction by saying "World's Finest 240Z RB26 N1 blah blah." It's because it's the only one! Way to really get specific there! Wait a minute... it's not even "one" yet because it's not a complete car!

Such bad taste to come out whenever I work on selling mine with a price slightly less than mine on at a car that is way less than mine. I've tried hard to relate all that my car is through pictures and such, because most can't come see it before they bid. So they're trusting me a bit. You come around with this crap and it's gotta send up the red flag for anyone that might bid on my car. All that it does is demean mine, and the Z community. Get some class. How about letting me set the standard for a Z. It will only help you. Whenever you come around to finishing your car, or at least after I do set the standard, put yours up. But every time... Just look at this thread here even! "$1000" less than this guy. Geesh. Can't buy class.
Damn son...

Old 04-04-2011, 07:58 AM

Wow is right! Jared why are you getting your panties in such a wad? I have now built (am in the process of completing) 2 of these fantastic cars, the tungsten one and currently the blue one. Are you upset because you just sold yours at a 60% discount? Are you upset with your decision to go with a pansy-***, rumpity-rump 4 banger instead of the proper, silky-smooth, high revving, mega HP 6-cylinder? Are you upset because I have built 2 of these cars at the same level of your car for significantly less than you spent on just one? Nice to see that your painter painted all the hardware...did you notice that mine was done properly...just a minor detail don't you think? Did you mean Klassy?

Cleve

Old 04-04-2011, 08:04 AM
Typical "moocher" thickheaded response.

The issue that I have, spelled out (since you guessed so many other issues that aren't at all what I said in my earlier post) is that you have a record of making your posts immediately after I make mine. I made my subheading on eBay "Is this the world's finest...?" and you make yours "The world's finest...". I put my post here for sale and you put yours up for $1,000 less and then actually reference this in your post. I have enough honor in me to keep me from ignoring your obvious call out.

Since I have stated this before and yet you can't compute the issue and make silly third grade guesses (stabs), I hope that my restating it in a new manner helps you understand what my issue is. If it has too many big words, let me know and I'll run it through the Google "Preschool Simplifier" translator.

Old 04-04-2011, 10:33 AM
Typical "moocher" thickheaded response.

The issue that I have, spelled out (since you guessed so many other issues that aren't at all what I said in my earlier post) is that you have a record of making your posts immediately after I make mine. I made my subheading on eBay "Is this the world's finest...?" and you make yours "The world's finest...". I put my post here for sale and you put yours up for $1,000 less and then actually reference this in your post. I have enough honor in me to keep me from ignoring your obvious call out.

Since I have stated this before and yet you can't compute the issue and make silly third grade guesses (stabs), I hope that my restating it in a new manner helps you understand what my issue is. If it has too many big words, let me know and I'll run it through the Google "Preschool Simplifier" translator.

Jared,

You must be in a tight spot and a little bit stressed that you dropped so much cash and got less than half of it back. As one who promotes himself as a marketing and business efficiency expert...you weren't too efficient with this build now were you? I was trying to help you remember? I would think that having a couple of similar cars on the market at the same time at similar price points would help the market, remember? When you first advertised your car, everyone, and I mean EVERYONE thought WHAT? a $125K 240Z? pass the good bud, bud. I was HELPING you establish a market value, my price being $1000 less was just an attention getter, should I have priced it $1000 higher? Not sure why you are trashing my builds, have you received funds yet for your car? I'll sell you my blue one for $60,100, then you will be in at the right price.

Cleve

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 1972 Datsun 240Z RB25DET Full Rotisserie Restoration