Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

2005 Gallardo - UGR TT "R" Build For Sale

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 01:04 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !

Year: 2005
Make: Lamborghini
Model: Gallardo
Price: $240000
Mileage: 2900
Color: Black
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): TX
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: 4WD & AWD

Originally Posted by PAULIEWALNUTS
Peter sorry for the OT but I have a question about mod-ing Lambos or any other high end car. Does it make sense to buy or lease the car you plan on doing an extensive mod to.

There seems to be quite a few guys on this thread(Peter,Jamie,Eric,Tim) that might be able to help me answer this question.
I leased my 2010 GTR so I could write if off for my business. It wasn't much different paying it off (from say a bank) when I sold it earlier this year. I obviously never intended to turn it in.

I've paid cash for the rest of my cars, but when you sell frequently, I'm not sure it matters much if you lease, loan, or pay cash. You're going to lose money one way or another

I considered leasing a new 2011 SL but backed off due to the depreciation hit I'd take when I sell a year later.

Old 05-17-2011, 01:39 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
I leased my 2010 GTR so I could write if off for my business. It wasn't much different paying it off (from say a bank) when I sold it earlier this year. I obviously never intended to turn it in.

I've paid cash for the rest of my cars, but when you sell frequently, I'm not sure it matters much if you lease, loan, or pay cash. You're going to lose money one way or another

I considered leasing a new 2011 SL but backed off due to the depreciation hit I'd take when I sell a year later.

I was thinking along the same lines as you Jamie. It seems to make more sense to lease a high end car if you know how to invest the money that you save from not putting a down payment & lower monthly payments.

With leases I believe some require 1st & last month payments up front(some do not require if you have excellent credit) depends on the leasing co. I guess.

It really does not matter if you lease or purchase a car when it comes to write offs,you can deduct the mileage or depreciate the vehicle.

Leasing seems like a good option if you can afford the car,some people tend to buy more car than they can afford & this can get them in trouble if they ever break the lease.

Last edited by PAULIEWALNUTS; 05-17-2011 at 01:43 PM.
Old 05-17-2011, 01:44 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Again sorry for the off topic Peter.

Old 05-17-2011, 01:57 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PAULIEWALNUTS
I was thinking along the same lines as you Jamie. It seems to make more sense to lease a high end car if you know how to invest the money that you save from not putting a down payment & lower monthly payments.

With leases I believe some require 1st & last month payments up front(some do not require if you have excellent credit) depends on the leasing co. I guess.

It really does not matter if you lease or purchase a car when it comes to write offs,you can deduct the mileage or depreciate the vehicle.

Leasing seems like a good option if you can afford the car,some people tend to buy more car than they can afford & this can get them in trouble if they ever break the lease.
Leases are a bit easier to account for when writing them off....otherwise you are right, you have to calculate depreciation, etc. My accountant wouldn't let me write the whole car off anyway (50% max), since my business is mostly out of state, but there are lots of ways to maximize a car deduction.

I leased my 2010 GTR for $1300/month w/tax no money / deposit down. It was a 15 minute transaction over the phone.

I think most will say the 'smartest' thing to do is buy a 1-2 year old car with cash so you minimize the depreciation hit - but that's not always possible given the car you want, etc.

So Paulie, using my above example, buying Peter's car for $210k cash would be the 'smart' thing to do vs leasing a new 2011 Turbo S.

Old 05-17-2011, 02:11 PM
I have a hard time writing a check for a car when I can get 2-3% financing from my credit union.

After taxes & fees(financial adviser) getting 8-10% return on money is not that hard to achieve. I like to use OPM (other peoples money) when i can make a better return on mine.

I agree on Peters car, but I have a hard time walking by the garage with the GT2 that nevers gets much driving time much less a TT Lambo just sitting there.

Old 05-17-2011, 02:58 PM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Paulie, you don't drive the GT2 b/c it's slow, if you had a fast car in the garage you would find yourself driving it more! hehehehehe I'm only kidding, thanks for bumping my thread!

Peter

Old 05-17-2011, 04:00 PM
Originally Posted by houstonT
Paulie, you don't drive the GT2 b/c it's slow, if you had a fast car in the garage you would find yourself driving it more! hehehehehe I'm only kidding, thanks for bumping my thread!

Peter

Peter, any car compared to yours is slow,but they go the same speed when sitting in the garage,only difference is mine cost less to sit. I'm only kidding,your welcome for the thread help.

Old 05-18-2011, 12:44 PM
rmani is infamous around these partsrmani is infamous around these parts

Peter
have you ever pushed this car flat out on a straight? i'm curious what the top speed would be. I gotta guess at least 230mph if not closer to 250. 1500whp is just insane.

Old 05-18-2011, 01:01 PM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
The car is gear limited to 243ish.

Old 05-18-2011, 03:18 PM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
I have had a lot of questions/interest but no bites. As luck would have it Kevin has found me a 2011 LP570 SL 6-speed. Due to this find, I'm willing to negotiate in the near term. Please let me know if you have a serious interest and would like to work out numbers. If the 2011 SL sells from under me b/c I'm not ready, I will simply wait for the next one. Turns out they are NOT as rare as 08 6-speed SL's.

Peter

Old 05-19-2011, 12:34 PM
rmani is infamous around these partsrmani is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by AtomicZ
The car is gear limited to 243ish.
wow. bet it pulls up there like a freight train

Old 05-19-2011, 03:42 PM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by rmani
wow. bet it pulls up there like a freight train
I know they pull very hard to about 205 mph. Haven't had a chance to push any higher.

Old 05-20-2011, 08:30 AM
I don't think I've had her over 200......on second thought, I've barely put 200 miles on her!
Peter

Originally Posted by AtomicZ
I know they pull very hard to about 205 mph. Haven't had a chance to push any higher.

Old 05-20-2011, 09:55 AM
I don't think I've had her over 200......on second thought, I've barely put 200 miles on her!
Peter
Drive that thing otherwise it is very expensive garage art.

Old 05-20-2011, 10:03 AM
Peter

Peter who put the extra 900mls on her? You bought it with 18xxmls + 200 stated mls = 2000mls total. I thought your For Sale ad said 2900mls.

Just sayin..
Year: 2005
Make: Lamborghini
Model: Gallardo
Price: $240000
Mileage: 2900
Color: Black
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): TX
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: 4WD & AWD

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2005 Gallardo - UGR TT "R" Build For Sale