Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Mini JCW GP #1491

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 08:28 PM
KK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud of
Mini JCW GP #1491

Year: 2006
Make: MINI
Model: Cooper
Price: $23500
Mileage: 16000
Color: Thunder Blue
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): MO
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Front Wheel Drive

This is a 2006 Mini Cooper John Cooper Works GP, #1491. 1 of 400 brought to the US, 1 of 2000 worldwide. The fastest production Mini to date and considered a "GT3'd" Cooper S. For those unfamiliar with it the GP went on a diet, losing the back seats, HID lights, rear wiper and more for about 100 lbs less than the standard Mini. Its supercharged 4-cylinder received a power bump to 215 hp, a rear support bar, and a very useful cargo area.The GP was assembled in Bertone, Italy as a body-in-white from its origination in Oxford, England. The GP comes with a unique rear carbon fiber spoiler and aero package with a now-functional brake ducting.

The GP is an extremely reliable and fun daily driver offering 30+mpg when you desire efficiency and smiles when not.

This car has never been smoked in, accident free, and while it has never been tracked that was the intent with a few preparatory goodies installed. There are many extras that go with the car, included in the price advertised.

Included:
Original red mirror caps
Mini Carbon Fiber mirror caps
Mini (GP specific) Car Cover
Mini Factory Harmon/ Kardon stereo (in box and lousy)
Upgraded Pioneer Ipod/ Sirius player installed in dash.
Original Mini 18" wheels on upgraded Michelin PS2's (Approx 10K miles)
Spare Wheels, SSR Comps, 17", currently fitted with Dunlop M3 winter performance tires. (Approx 4K miles)
Spare PS2 tire (new)
Set of 17" Goodyear Eagle F-1 Tires (Approx 4k miles)
Mini carpeted floor mats
Mini Winter floor mats
Window Tint
Upgraded Brake Pads (Hawks)
Functional and prototype brake ducting
Hidden 1.5" trailer hitch (for a bike rack)
Clear Bra over lower hood and complete front bumper installed at purchase
Front tow hook (presumably for looks, it's never been pulled with)
Schroth 4-point harness for driver and passenger. Quick clip on mounts installed and very concealed. Actual harnesses are tucked in the panel behind the doors. Installs in seconds.

The engine runs great, all maintenance has been performed by Mini of St. Louis with the exception of the last two oil changes which I did myself as I was away from the dealership. While not mint, the body is in excellent condition with maybe a few tiny rock chips where you would expect them.

It is priced to sell quickly as I am moving in a matter of weeks.

The GP had been my daily driver but now sits, garaged, in St. Louis as my fun city car when I am there on weekends.

Call/email me with questions. It's a great car.

Jim: 816-820-1384

Last edited by KK Moto; 07-16-2011 at 05:01 AM.
Old 07-16-2011, 12:09 AM
mrwonder is infamous around these parts
very nice!

Old 07-16-2011, 12:48 AM
Verde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond repute
Stunning car. I'm sure it is a slot-car, go-kart, what-ever to drive. If I had any more room at my home, I would purchase this in a minute. All I can say is GLWS. Really.

Old 07-16-2011, 10:59 AM
leftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond repute
What a cool car!

Old 07-18-2011, 05:19 AM
KK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud of
Old 07-22-2011, 09:03 PM
Yes, I've got about another 7-10 days before I move so if it doesn't go I'll hang on to it until spring. So I'd like to move it by Aug 1-3. Thanks again for the interest.

Old 07-30-2011, 04:55 AM
This message is for "tlarocque". Todd I attempted to reply but your account says you do not accept PM's, so here is my reply:

This is an intriguing proposition for a couple of reasons. For starters, when I mentioned that I needed to sell it quickly I really meant it because I am relocating, mid-next week: to Phoenix!

I currently have a sale pending, waiting on bank approval & shipment to California; which I should know by Monday if it will go through.

While I could hypothetically drive the car to you a week from now I really would not want to consider this as the GP will accumulate ~1500'sh miles and the potential for wear/ tear from a cross-country trip. On top of the fact that I plan to load my car with "my stuff" to live with and I would have no room for the extra "stuff" that is being sold with the car. Lastly, I would be carless once I got the car to you.

Should this pending deal fall through I will let you know. If it does and we think you can have a shipper available by mid-next week I would sell it to you for your quoted price, plus shipping costs for any tires/ wheels that simply would not fit without damaging the interior of the car. (I'm optimistic I can fit most (if not all) of it inside.

If you are still interested I would suggest making a casual inquiry into shipping from downtown St Louis (63102) and any financial arrangements.

By no means do I want to come across as high-pressure-do-it-now. I am simply running out of time where I will otherwise have to park it until sometime next year when I return from Phoenix.

Old 08-01-2011, 01:11 PM
tlarocque has a spectacular aura abouttlarocque has a spectacular aura about
PM sent.

Old 08-04-2011, 05:02 AM
Sold!!!!