Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Spec Miata RaceCar forsale

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 04:56 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Spec Miata RaceCar forsale

Year: 1992
Make: Mazda
Model: MX-5
Price: $9000
Mileage: 140000
Color: White
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): VA
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

I built this Spec Miata to spec legal standards last year and used it to DE and instruct with. The car is in excellent condition overall, with no dents or rust. All equipment on the car meets both NASA and SCCA Specs except that the drivers seat does have a slider and would need to have a back brace installed and bolted down as per the current rules. Also has Sparco Steering wheel hub and Momo Steering wheel. Passenger seat is also Kirkey RoadRace intermediate seat. Also has braided clutch line mod to remove the cumbersom hardline pigtail that is common in these cars. Have the only approved CAI for the car installed as well... To duplicate this car you would spend $15K...
Mitch Piper built the cage and installed the window net hardware, and the driver's harness was installed before the beginning of the 2011 DE season. The car currently has the Bilstein OEM factory suspension/H&R sway bars and solid links, along with ground control coil overs/springs. The factory Spec Miata clutch kit was installed in June of 2010, and a new waterpump and timing belt were installed in August of 2010. The car has a new stainless steel catback exhaust system and comes with two sets of wheels, one set being TR motorsports and the other being TeamDynamics. I also have two sets of Hawk Pads (one set of HP+ and the other are Blacks) and I also have a Springfield DYno Catback exhaust that I'll throw in. The car has about 130K miles on it but needs nothing. It is in good working shape and is an absolute hoot to drive at events and a great learning tool.
With the roof off at summit point...

Shots of the cage...

Cage work before paint:

Completed package...

$9K OBO
Mike

Old 10-22-2011, 04:55 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Need to sell this car... reasonable offers???

This is the cheapest fun you can have on the race track...

Mike

Old 10-30-2011, 05:09 PM
massarchers is infamous around these parts
Nice Miata!

I see that you still have plates on the car. Do you think I could get it registered in MD? I'm in Frederick - so Summit Point is my home track as well!

Old 10-30-2011, 05:10 PM
massarchers is infamous around these parts
Please PM me your contact info - I can't PM with fewer than 15 posts. Thanks!

Wyatt

Old 11-24-2012, 04:55 AM
Mike at AWD bought this car from me, and a year later they are selling it. The mileage in this ad is INCORRECT. The actual Mileage on the ODOMETER IS correct. Please refer to the mileage he posted in his ad. The car was being stored about 30 minutes away from me way back in 2011 when I put this ad up. I was also selling a couple other cars and a motorcycle and clearly got confused on which mileage was what.

Sorry for any error on my part. Honestly, it's a racecar and I never thought this would be an issue.

Mike