Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

1987 930 Red/Tan - original

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 09:40 AM
MLindgren is a glorious beacon of lightMLindgren is a glorious beacon of lightMLindgren is a glorious beacon of lightMLindgren is a glorious beacon of lightMLindgren is a glorious beacon of lightMLindgren is a glorious beacon of light
1987 930 Red/Tan - original

Year: 1987
Make: Porsche
Model: 930
Price: $47000
Mileage: 18029
Color: Red
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): MI
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

this for sale for a friend has approval from GT3 Chuck

OK guys, up for sale is my neighbors 1987 930 Turbo. I've offered to list it for him on a couple Porsche forums as his health has degraded to the point he can no longer drive it. He has asked me to drive it every week or two-which I have- however he really needs to move it to an owner that will appreciate it and give it the attention it deserves.

Here is what I know.

He bought the car in 2000 when it had 14K miles on it. Since then he (we) has accumulated an additional 4000 miles so it sits just north of 18K. On the maintenance side I do not see any history with the minimal paperwork that he has in the glove box however his bill of sale is there with the odometer cert and receipt for a purchase price just north of $53K. I can verify that in the 5 years he's been my neighbor I never see the car out more than 2-3 time per year. He does keep it stored inside on a battery tender.

The positives:
Very popular and classic Red Exterior/Tan Interior
Very Low Miles
Minimal if any stone chips on what looks like original paint
Starts and runs very well-pulls like a space shuttle north of 4K RPMs
Interior is in great shape with no wear on seat bolsters

The negative:
-It does have one small dent on the LH fender near the top about 4 inches aft the headlight. I tried to et a photograph that would show it however it is very hard to see. It looks like it would easily be taken care of by a paintless dent removal guy.
-The other thing I noticed on the car is that the rear window molding has curled under at the top LH and RH corners (See photos)
-The car has not been polished and photographs very well however it could use a good polish and wax to remove minor swirl marks over the entire exterior.
-It does have a slight oil leak which is pretty common on these cars.

Here is a link to some pictures I have taken.
http://mlindgren.smugmug.com/Cars/19...9802152_4HmVN4

Feel free to ask me any questions and I will try to interface with him to get answers. I also have access to the car and can get additional pics per any request you might have.

His asking price is $47,000 obo. Please contact me by PM if you think this is a decent price or not. I would like to help him move the car but feel good pricing feedback will be more helpful than slanderous remarks posted here. He is motivated to sell but not motivated to give it away.

Thanks for looking.

Feel free to call with any questions. Mark @ 248-953-1277

Attached Images  

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 10-30-2011 at 01:04 PM. Reason: add approval
Old 10-31-2011, 02:17 AM
MLindgren is a glorious beacon of lightMLindgren is a glorious beacon of lightMLindgren is a glorious beacon of lightMLindgren is a glorious beacon of lightMLindgren is a glorious beacon of lightMLindgren is a glorious beacon of light
Monday Bump