Location (State):

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

2005 Mitsubishi Evolution 8 MR (Wicked White/Leather/Fully Built/460awhp)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2011, 03:11 PM
jmontoya is infamous around these parts
2005 Mitsubishi Evolution 8 MR (Wicked White/Leather/Fully Built/460awhp)

Year: 2005
Make: Mitsubishi
Model: Lancer Evolution
Price: $0
Mileage: 0
Color: Wicked White
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): IL
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: 4WD & AWD

Edit

Last edited by jmontoya; 08-16-2013 at 09:41 AM.
Old 12-12-2011, 05:36 PM
Still available.

Old 01-09-2012, 10:45 AM
Motivated seller. Just dropped the car off for an oil change to switch over to Valveoline VR1 10-30w in preparation for the winter as opposed to the 20w-50 I usually run. Chicago hasn't had any snow yet surprisingly, so as of right now this vehicle hasn't seen snow/salt!

Old 01-10-2012, 10:16 AM
Vehicle is up on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=190625718301

Responded to the PM's I received as well. Discount for 6speeders so let me know if you bid or if you'd like to negotiate a price outside of eBay. I've sold a few vehicles off here before and this forum has always been good to me so will definitely give back should it be a fellow member who purchases this awesome car!

Old 01-10-2012, 01:43 PM
m3racer08 is infamous around these parts
These cars are freaking rocket ships!!

Old 01-10-2012, 01:46 PM
m3racer08 is infamous around these parts
If i was into all wheel drive i would be all over this but im so addicted to rear wheel drive.

Old 01-10-2012, 01:56 PM
Originally Posted by m3racer08
If i was into all wheel drive i would be all over this but im so addicted to rear wheel drive.
I was the same way. My two previous cars were a 440rwhp 335i and a 600rwhp Z06 and I can honestly say neither one of them put as big of a smile on my face as the Evo. I've never launched the car, so I'm positive there is more of a wow factor there, but for me just going through the gears and hearing the BOV and intoxicating engine noise is enough. Being able to hook up in the rain is probably one of the best feelings too. Anyone who buys this car will enjoy it for years to come. Any passenger who has ever ridden in it has a permanent grin on their face for the remainder of the trip, driver not excluded.

Old 01-10-2012, 07:44 PM
Saleen S7 TT is infamous around these parts
Amazing car, wish I could buy it. All I can offer is my '08 VW GTI 4 door DSG, with autobahn package and APR stage 1... GLWS!

Old 01-11-2012, 12:57 PM
Originally Posted by Saleen S7 TT
Amazing car, wish I could buy it. All I can offer is my '08 VW GTI 4 door DSG, with autobahn package and APR stage 1... GLWS!
Appreciate the kind words, it truly is an amazing car. I actually came very close to picking up a MKV GTI as a daily, but ultimately it didn't have enough power for me and the platform wouldn't support the needs I wanted. I always end up buying something practical and getting bored with it, which then results in the street monsters such as the one you see above

Old 01-17-2012, 01:45 PM
Also, I received a few inquiries about trades so I figured I should touch base on that aspect as well. I'm trying to consolidate my stable, but I would entertain potential trades for an FX35 or an X5.

Old 02-04-2012, 12:40 PM
Still available. Apologies for taking a while to respond to the PM's I received. I've been extremely busy with work and haven't had time to check this forum. Best bet is to contact me directly at 646-801-8870 if you're interested; can call or text.

Old 03-01-2012, 11:45 AM
Buyer was unable to move forward due to strict emissions standards in his home state (MA). Still available and the vehicle will pass emissions in the majority of the states. NY and IL were no issues whatsover. No check engine lights, will show all ready signs, and pass everything else.

Old 03-09-2012, 10:14 PM
Opusman is a splendid one to beholdOpusman is a splendid one to beholdOpusman is a splendid one to beholdOpusman is a splendid one to beholdOpusman is a splendid one to beholdOpusman is a splendid one to behold
did he specify what he had trouble with emmisions about?

Interested in a clean 2007 RS4 with a warranty, low miles? I just put it up for sale to clear up a little money for school.

Also with the new engine was there any warranty on it? Im guessing it was built to be a good DD?

Old 03-10-2012, 11:45 AM
The state of MA restricts the use of standalone ECU's. It is possible to pass with a standalone, however the buyer did not want to take the risks as it takes a bit of work to get the standalone to read correctly. I'm actually having the vehicle converted to speed density and the stock ECU to make it easier for any new potential buyer. Will have dyno sheets up soon as well.

Concerning the RS4, unfortunately I don't have that much additional cost to throw into another vehicle. Beautiful car though!

Old 03-10-2012, 09:49 PM
Opusman is a splendid one to beholdOpusman is a splendid one to beholdOpusman is a splendid one to beholdOpusman is a splendid one to beholdOpusman is a splendid one to beholdOpusman is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by jmontoya
The state of MA restricts the use of standalone ECU's. It is possible to pass with a standalone, however the buyer did not want to take the risks as it takes a bit of work to get the standalone to read correctly. I'm actually having the vehicle converted to speed density and the stock ECU to make it easier for any new potential buyer. Will have dyno sheets up soon as well.

Concerning the RS4, unfortunately I don't have that much additional cost to throw into another vehicle. Beautiful car though!
with the new built engine is it a 2.0 or did you go up to a 2.3?

Also from the sounds of it, its your DD? Because thats what im looking for, I know some people put new built engines in evos that cant go more than 50 miles at a time because they are strictly short distance cars and drag cars.

If it somehow takes me a long time to sell my car, ill be in chicago in may for the bosnia soccer game, and at that point would just drive it back to the northwest.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2005 Mitsubishi Evolution 8 MR (Wicked White/Leather/Fully Built/460awhp)