Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Mazda RX7 (FD) Red/Black 5 Speed Manual Base with RIGHT Mods/Upgrades

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 09:07 AM
Kato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really nice
Mazda RX7 (FD) Red/Black 5 Speed Manual Base with RIGHT Mods/Upgrades

Year: 1995
Make: Mazda
Model: RX-7
Price: $16999
Mileage: 98000
Color: Red
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): CA
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

***SOLD***

1995 Red/Black 5 Speed Manual Base (lightest one with no sunroof!)

***Price Drop to $16999***

Decided to cut to the chase on the car. You can have it as-is with all the extras and such. Time to move. I want to snag a new car/project. Will miss this FD but no room to keep her right now!

Very rare find here if you know these cars!!! Almost 300whp on Effini Turbos with a conservative/safe tune!

It is 1 of 19 cars ever imported to the US in this body trim and year. It is a base model, which means it was one of the lightest RX7's available with cloth seats, no sun roof, and no rear window wiper! Being a 95 it has the best paint these cars ever got along with the other improvements Mazda learned over the two previous years they imported the car. Being a 95, it has a very late build date (09/95). The car is extremely clean, and I've taken very good care of it. It is one of my Extra vehicles (I have 4) so it was driven occasionally and not subjected to day to day abuses. Interior looks new new because of the maintained cloth-no cracking like old leather! It will come back with a perfect carfax, not that I trust those things anyway but some people do. When you look at the bodylines and under the hood you can tell it has never been in any accidents or damaged but I have recently repainted the front bumper to clean up years of normal wear/tear and a light scuff-not in an accident! When previous owner first purchased the car it had about 78000 miles on it, it had a fresh, rebuilt motor from Mazda Japan and Effini turbos installed. It currently has almost 98000 miles on it and has had all the reliability upgrades installed. I have stacks of service records and parts receipts showing much of the car's history. Reliability upgrades means that it has a larger radiator, lower temp thermostat, AST upgrade, the second oil cooler was installed and a Power FC computer with Datalogit, etc... Below are all the upgrades (that I can remember) and recent service performed:

FRESH JDM Series 7 Transmission JUST installed (upgraded, very rare unit imported from 98+ cars with beefier internals and more-google it). 30K mile unit with warranty just installed after car developed dreaded 5th gear synchro grind. No more worries or concerns there and we used redline tranny oil for buttery shifts plus I installed the Mazda upgraded clutch setup so it's all fresh!

Defi Boost and Water Temperature gauges (pillar mounted)
Apexi Power FC + Commander + Datalogit
Fuel pump upgrade and harness (high flow/capacity to make a safer tune-stock is weak link/limiting factor on these cars)
-about 300whp on full custom tune performed recently by Tri Point Engineering
Pettit Racing TKT cold air intake
Stainless 3in down pipe installed and 3in mid pipe not installed
MazdaSpeed all aluminum 1.125 core radiator
Apexi N1 Coilover Setup (fully adjustable) (32 way damping!)
Mazda 99 Turbos and Y pipe (Effini ball bearing)
Tri Point adjustable front sway bar
2nd oil cooler added
Apexi N1 Dual Exhaust
Full Effini badging!
AST upgrade (Tri Point with water wetter)
Full Corner Balance and Alignment (aggressive street setup)
18" Work Meister S2R's in 9" and 10" widths (35 offset) (full set of fresh centercaps from WORK) and Hankook Ventus V12 in 255/245's
Fenders rolled professionally (no paint crack)
Full fluid and filter change (engine, tranny, diff, etc..)
R1 front spoiler (brand new Mazda part)
Stainless Steel brake lines and Motul RBF 600 installed
Brake Calipers painted fresh black professionally and rotors insides sprayed silver for clean/no rust look under beautiful wheels
Brand new Interstate smaller/lightweight battery
Greddy Upper Strut Bar
Pioneer head unit with Pandora, USB, MP3, remote, etc...
AutoTalent license plate frame

Needs: Head unit remount (I don't like the one in there but up to you) and window switch (driver switch for passenger window busted but passenger side switch works fine).

Comes with a whole box of spares, new gaskets, clips, etc... Stock radio, ECU, etc...
Also have a 3" midpipe available if you want to remove all cats and add another 30+hp instantly (need to re-tune). Also comes with six stock wheels. Two are the older, thinner, lighter versions, and the set of 4 is all the stronger, later, slightly heavier version from the stock '95. All have tires, 3 are OK, 3 are nearly dead and good for "play" or recycling! Car is a monster!

I have over $22K into this car recently so NO Lowballs, car available if ad up. Cash or certified funds (wire or check) buys car.
Clean Title on hand, fully insured, will come with smog certificate for CA registration.

Will consider trading towards a C6 Z06 or possibly an e55/63 AMG or similar for a fun daily.

Attached Images      

Last edited by Kato; 09-30-2012 at 12:24 AM. Reason: SOLD
Old 04-08-2012, 08:36 PM
dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !
I miss my VR FD, good looking ride! GLWS

Old 04-09-2012, 10:37 AM
Kato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really nice
Thanks for the interest and PM's guys! See if anybody wants a super rare and clean FD to own. She is a SUPER fun car to drive. Amazing bang for the buck here.

I'm just ready for another hyper car and this project is winding down for me. Off to the next as I'm sure many people can relate to here.

Old 04-09-2012, 02:09 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
Omg, your FD is the cleanest i have seen. I had a base too which was great without the bose system taking up trunk space. I miss my Fd!

Old 04-09-2012, 10:34 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
Beautiful car. Anyone who hasn't owned one of these cars owes it to themselves to add it their bucket list. 2800 lb of 7/8 scale vehicle. handles like a dream!

Persnally I'd add a stock R1 or R2 rear wing, but it's sweet as sits.

GLWS

Last edited by Turbo Fanatic; 04-10-2012 at 09:32 PM.
Old 04-10-2012, 01:33 AM
Thanks for the feedback, guys. She is very clean and super rare. I hate to get rid of her but no space for me to add unless I do.

Ari-you TOTALLY nailed it with your comment and have obviously experienced one of these cars. They are absolutely a blast to drive. Arguably one of my favorites period. And I am not kidding. 7/8ths is exactly it and the base model actually weighs in at 2789 lbs!!!

I'll be around to show the car this weekend if anybody is seriously interested. If I keep her for awhile I'm going to add a Shine low profile carbon rear spoiler (small, unassuming like a Porsche duck tail but not as tall). I may change the wheel color as well just to mix it up a bit. Always more to do but I have to stop at a point...

Old 05-04-2012, 12:45 AM
More lowballs and time wasters, sheesh! I've never had more time wasted selling a relatively inexpensive car. Everybody who wants this thing seems to be 16 years old without the funds to deliver. ... Showing it this weekend to a few local folks and a few out of towners pretty serious. Laaaaast call hopefully! I'm ready to pick up something new...

Old 05-04-2012, 06:16 AM
pill pusher is infamous around these parts
Nice car! GLWS, I have 2 friends currently dropping LS2 Vette engines in them.... They are track guys.

Old 05-04-2012, 10:59 AM
Originally Posted by pill pusher
Nice car! GLWS, I have 2 friends currently dropping LS2 Vette engines in them.... They are track guys.

Awesome! That was actually my original plan for this car but it was so clean, had the right mods and a fresh engine that I couldn't hack her up. I'd do that with a '93 shell of some sort and may still do it. This car only weighs 2789 lbs stock and you can get the weight down from there as well...

Imagine 400+whp with 2800 lbs, dead reliable and able to beat on all day long!

I have 300whp and this thing is already sickly fast and fun to drive!

Old 05-11-2012, 12:32 AM
***Price Dropped***

Last edited by Kato; 05-19-2012 at 01:55 AM.
Old 05-25-2012, 12:38 PM
PMs returned!

Old 06-11-2012, 02:56 PM
porkchop_man is infamous around these parts
gorgeous car man.

Old 06-11-2012, 03:54 PM
Thanks!

Old 06-12-2012, 04:12 PM
jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !
they won't ever make another car this pure... car looks perfect! glws.

Old 06-12-2012, 06:51 PM
Thanks, Gringo! She is a rare beast!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Mazda RX7 (FD) Red/Black 5 Speed Manual Base with RIGHT Mods/Upgrades