Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Porsche Child / Baby Seat WANTED

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2005, 05:07 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Porsche Child / Baby Seat WANTED

Porsche Child / Baby Seat
I went to the dealer and ordered a child seat for my 19 month old boy and was told that Porsche does not import them into Canada anymore. Is there a saftey issue??? If not, I would like to buy 1 - new or used. My boy's about 30 lbs.

Mike

Old 06-27-2005, 01:49 PM
RobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of light
It is not for sale,

FYI = I have a '02 996 cab and use a Britax (style = Roundabout) in the back seat. She is 20 months and 25 lbs.

Robert

Old 06-27-2005, 09:38 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by RobertM
It is not for sale,

FYI = I have a '02 996 cab and use a Britax (style = Roundabout) in the back seat. She is 20 months and 25 lbs.

Robert
Thanks for the direction Robert. I'll look into that. I would prefer to get a Porshe seat for the little guy... if I could.

Mike

Old 06-27-2005, 09:55 PM
ebaker is infamous around these parts
Britax makes the Porsche seats.

Old 06-27-2005, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by ebaker
Britax makes the Porsche seats.
ebaker - thanks for your post. I went to the Britax web sit and could not determine what seat would be the one Porsche uses (used?) I only say a Porsche boosted seat once 2 years ago. Do you know what modle it would be?

http://www.elitecarseats.com/booster-car-seats.htm

Thanks, Mike

Old 06-28-2005, 12:19 AM
Cerberus is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Zippy
ebaker - thanks for your post. I went to the Britax web sit and could not determine what seat would be the one Porsche uses (used?) I only say a Porsche boosted seat once 2 years ago. Do you know what modle it would be?

http://www.elitecarseats.com/booster-car-seats.htm

Thanks, Mike
They used the Roundabout. They are identical, except for the additional red belt to deactivate the front airbag. However, you need to have the dealer install some sort of bar and hook up the necessary wiring I believe.

Old 06-28-2005, 08:26 AM
dvu70 is infamous around these parts
Yep, identical. I have the same Roundabout. Britax used to be the OEM for the Porsche convertible child seat. You'll probably be using the back seat so you won't need the deactivation kit.

Britax Roundabout:

Attached Images  
Old 06-28-2005, 08:27 AM
dvu70 is infamous around these parts
Porsche seat:

Attached Images  
Old 06-28-2005, 08:28 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Old 06-28-2005, 08:30 AM
ebaker is infamous around these parts
Carnewal sells the airbag deactivation bar if you need to put the seat in the front. The dealer has to activate it after it's installed.
I also remember reading that Saab sold a similar Britax seat.

Last edited by ebaker; 06-28-2005 at 08:33 AM.
Old 06-28-2005, 10:00 AM
shrews is infamous around these parts
The Britax roundabout is one of the few "convertible car seats" that will fit in the bucket (rear) properly. Also if you are ready for a booster seat check out the britax "body guard." It is also one of the few seats narrow enough to fit in the 911. As an aside the bodyguard has true side impact protection for the head and body. best of luck

shrews

Old 06-28-2005, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by LUIS95993
How about a Recaro one?
http://www.allegromedical.com/home/m...straint+system
I was looking at that. Looks pretty cool with the built in speakers. Not sure if it would fit into the little bucket.

Mike

Old 06-28-2005, 07:34 PM
RobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of light
The Rounabout is easy to install and I take it from car to car for my weekends when my wife needs a break. My daily driver ('02 Mercedes E500 sport) has the quick release bars in the back seat and installs in less than 5 min. The porsche takes approx. 10 min. (max) to install.

My wife has a Britax Marathon and she leaves it in 24/7 in a BMW x5.

I have black interior in both cars and the baby seat is a dark gray.

Good luck.