Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

1998 BMW M3 Couple, Black on black - 159k miles, $6900

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 07:42 PM
brent95m3 is a jewel in the roughbrent95m3 is a jewel in the roughbrent95m3 is a jewel in the roughbrent95m3 is a jewel in the rough
1998 BMW M3 Couple, Black on black - 159k miles, $6900

Year: 1998
Make: BMW
Model: M3
Price: $6900
Mileage: 159000
Color: Black
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): TX
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

Reluctantly selling my 1998 M3. I've owned it since 2005 and 100k miles. I have three cars and have been traveling often lately. This one unfortunately rarely gets driven anymore despite my attachment to it.

Price is $6,900. I'm open to trades for high end watches, but that is about it.

I'm located in Austin, Texas and happy to pick you up from the airport. I've driven this car cross country several times and think a buyer would be able to drive this car anywhere.

During my ownership, I've added a number of mods, done lots of maintenance, and done a lot of preventative maintenance. I have most records since new.

Exterior is probably about a 7 out of 10. It shows well, but has 159k miles. I've kept it maintained well. It has a little hickey on the rear as pictured and the rear bumper has fading. Other than that, no fading anywhere else. It has a few door dings.

Interior is excellent, especially considering the mileage. I've replaced floor mats and the shift ****. The interior has been leatheriqued regularly and looks great though the leather it is a bit firm as to be expected with age. Door panels have both been pulled and reglued along with new plastic clips so this car has almost no rattles inside. Passenger window needs a new regulator. It still goes up, but you have to press the button a few times to get it all the way up.

Stereo is pretty incredible. I've added an Infinity Perfect component set up front, Rockford Fosgate amp, and Kicker L1 10" solobaric subwoofer. It also has a traffic pro with an XM satellite radio installed in the sunglasses holder. The stereo sounds amazing (many of you know these cars know that the stock stereo is horrible).

Drivetrain is excellent. The car starts up and runs without issue and has a very strong motor. It starts up without smoke, and cruises along effortlessly at 80. The MAF needs to be replaced, but at the moment, no drivability issues are apparent. Regular synthetic oil changes and all other fluids have been replaced over the course of my ownership. Clutch is strong with no slipping.

Here is a quick youtube link of the car starting up and running.

Car has a Yakima roofrack installed on the roof. I can include this or take it off. If I remove it, the mounting brackets will still be installed. If you're inclined, you can pull these and plug the holes. Otherwise, you get an expensive roofrack to use for bikes, snowboarding, etc. Because of the installation, this is a much more secure mount than the standard E36 roof racks.

Bike is not included by the way (this should be obvious, but might as well clarify)

This is what I can remember of whats been done:

Maintenance / replacement parts:
guibo
rear subframe mounts
fan clutch
water pump
front tie rods
New radiator and coolant expansion tank (done <5k miles ago)
New starter done within last 10k miles
New battery (<1k miles ago)
Most suspension bushings replaced at 115k miles

List of mods:
UUC stage 2 lightweight flywheel
E34 M5 clutch
delrin carrier bushings
B&B Triflo exhaust
K&N cone filter with heat shield
Bilstein sport shocks
H&R sport springs
Kosei K1 wheels
Xenon projector headlights purchased from a member on here. One word is "amazing."
Keyless entry
Euro (OEM) taillights and sidemarker lights

Attached Images  
Old 01-30-2013, 07:26 AM
madsedan is infamous around these parts
I'm interested, in Dallas, lets talk, I need to get something nailed down!