Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

'93 Mazda RX-7 2600lb/585rwhp LS7 streetable track car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 12:07 PM
gnx7 has a spectacular aura aboutgnx7 has a spectacular aura aboutgnx7 has a spectacular aura about
'93 Mazda RX-7 2750lb/585rwhp LS7 streetable track car

Year: 1993
Make: Mazda
Model: RX-7
Price: $40000
Mileage: 85000
Color: black
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): CA
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

This car belongs to a good friend of mine (Nate) and he built it in 2007 running a healthy LS6 engine with improvements continually being made to it ever since. He was one of the original v8rx7.com (v8 RX-7 swap forum) members and serious about building cars. Logging over 25K street miles it is fully sorted and ready for a new owner. Clean title, no accidents, no issues, well thought out. The LS7 combo has around 10K miles on it and the T56 was rebuilt approx 1K miles ago.

This is a one of a kind FD RX-7 that was fully built by a knowledgeable mechanical engineer (Nate) with a passion for fast handling cars. The car is completely streetable; however is very track oriented in its execution. Built as a no nonsense track monster to also pound the boulevards.... it is a truly well thought out machine for someone looking to stomp on exotics at the track or just smash on the street.
He built another car to replace this one (LS3/e30 M3).... more of a sleeper.... but can't justify having 2 toys.

The car is in used condition and no warranty with it is included. The condition of the exterior is used. If you are looking for a trailered show queen this is not your car. The paint does have some scratches and imperfections. The CF gel coat has yellowed which is common. The body is very straight and little prep would be needed if you wanted to give it a fresh coat of paint.
$40K obo

The chassis!

1993 Mazda RX-7 base model non sunroof car initially that had 56K miles on it at the time of purchase with the intention of swapping in LSx power
Currently it has approx 85K miles in excellent running condition and fully sorted, tested, re-engineered to its current state. 25K+ miles on this combo! Only 10K on the engine and approx 1K on the rebuilt T56.
corner weight image:
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n...eightLarge.jpg

Engine- all aluminum 427ci small block
LS7 block with billet main caps, ARP main studs, LS7 crank, Comp Star rods, ACL coated bearings, Wiseco coated pistons
West Coast Cylinder Head fully CnC'd LS7 heads running 2.20" titanium intake polished valves, exhaust valves were replaced with Manley s/s valves
This solves all problems with factory valve failures common to stock LS7 head/valve combo.
Dual springs, rebuilt LS7 rockers with new trunion bearing kit., upgraded pushrods, LS7 lifters, GM LS7 MLS head gaskets, ARP head studs
ported LS7 intake manifold, 90mm cable TB, medium sized hydraulic roller cam 23x/240x duration (great low/mid range power and strong up top). ATI underdriven harmonic balancer.
Speartech harness, custom tuned by Synergy Motorsports factory PCM for 91 octane 585rwhp+. High output GM alternator. No A/C!
JTR 1 7/8" long tube headers, dual 3" into single 3.5" piping, 3.5 high flow cat, straight thru style muffler. Sounds gooooood!
Engine dyno: http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n...7Dyno_Nate.jpg

Oiling and power steering system
LS7 factory dry sump oil pan with 3 gallon Peterson dry sump tank works flawlessly.
Arizona Speed & Marine billet -AN oil line adapter, -12AN oil lines
Setrab 10x13" oil cooler located in front right airdam, 6x6" Setrab p/s cooler
KRC custom adj powersteering pump, All s/s Braided lines, Amsoil fluids used throughout the car

Fuel System
Dual Walbro 255's on custom hanger in oem FD fuel tank, Aeromotive FPR Mounted by tank for cleaner engine bay, all s/s lines

Cooling System
Koyo N-Spec dual pass radiator with custom boxed in ducting and radiator support brace, Factory FD efans, Evans underdriven water pump and
Evans NPG waterless coolant. No cooling issues whatsoever.

Transmission/Clutch/rear differential
Fully rebuilt and upgraded Viper spec T56 6speed transmission (900hp+ rating), Amsoil synthetic fluid, balanced McLeod twin disc clutch/aluminum flywheel
McLeod adj clutch master cylinder, new Fbody pilot bearing, HD alum driveshaft with Spicer Ujoints. Built 3.90 FD rear end with Turbo2 clutch pack LSD
Drive Shaft Shop 300M axles, One-Off Tranny Mount with Energy Suspension Mount Pro 5.0 shifter and machined delrin shift ****, One-Off rear subframe (Braces Diff in all directions with shear plate at diff cover)

Suspension and Chassis Upgrades

Custom Kmember to accept factory LS7 dry sump oil pan and FD steering rack, custom bumpsteer correction fabbed up
JIC FLT-A2 adj coilovers, delrin bushings, new pillowball bushings, adj TriPoint hollow modular front sway bar, TriPoint rear bar with adj end links

Brake and Wheel setup
Willwood Integra 6R Fr Calipers w/huge 3 piece rotors (Nascar Roadcoarse Spec)(http://www.wilwood.com/calipers/Cali...ubname=Integra)
Willwood Dynopro 4R Rear Calipers w/same rotors above (http://www.wilwood.com/Images/Calipe...ynalite-lg.jpg)
Tilton Brake Bias valve (mounteed between seat and tranny tunnel) to dial in front/rear brake proportioning on the fly
Forgeline Wheels SX3R powdercoated black (w/ lightweight hardware, etc.), Michelin road race Slicks
These brakes keep everything in check on the track and work fine on the street. With a 12" front and 13" rear contact patch braking is intense!

Exterior Upgrades

Pettit Racing GTC front bumper with integrated splitter, custom front aluminum undertray, Burnout front fenders fully modified to accept 18x11 (315mm) rim/tire combo
Re-Amemiya Flush HID Headlight kit, Seibon CF hood with Aerocatch hood pins, Seibon CF doors (accept all factory hardware and retains power windows), APR aero mirrors, Shine side skirts
http://aprperformance.com/index.php?...d=97&Itemid=44

Seibon rear CF hatch with FAL lexan window, Pettit Racing rear fiberglass flares to accept 18x12" rim and up to 345mm tire
Re-Amemiya Rear Diffuser, Re-Amemiya Rear GT-Spec wing with one-off adjustable/removable mount (very rigid and functional)

Interior modifications
Cobra racing seats/brackets, Sparco 5pt harnesses, Sparco steering wheel with quick release adapter hub, custom Diamond plate alum flooring
One off alum door cards, RacePack dash display with data acquisition, redundant DEFI (oil temp/press H20 temp) gauges should RacePack fail
Full roll cage designed with easy entry/exit, Fire extinguisher, Odessey sealed dry cell battery mounted behind passenger seat low in the chassis
Road Race style rear view mirror offering superior visibility over any stock style setup

Tipping the scales at just over 2750lbs with 585rwhp+/530rwtq+ while packing more rubber than a sailor on leave.... the car handles extremely well and is like bringing a bazooka to a knifefight! This is one of the ultimate streetable track oriented cars you can purchase with reliable driveline.

Additional pictures are available. Serious buyers please call me with further questions. No lowballers
Car is located in San Carlos, CA (NorCal) and can be shown most days given prior notice and serious intent to purchase.
[size=14pt]$40K obo[/size]

Please call Mark (FourOneFive) 260.8768 cell after 8am PST and no calls after 8pm please
or email my username at hotmail.com

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	dsidefront.jpg
Views:	3235
Size:	299.1 KB
ID:	224032   Click image for larger version

Name:	dsiderear.jpg
Views:	2477
Size:	344.7 KB
ID:	224033   Click image for larger version

Name:	psiderear.jpg
Views:	1931
Size:	317.2 KB
ID:	224034   Click image for larger version

Name:	headon.jpg
Views:	972
Size:	317.3 KB
ID:	224035   Click image for larger version

Name:	rear.jpg
Views:	889
Size:	287.3 KB
ID:	224036  

Last edited by gnx7; 05-09-2013 at 12:53 AM.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:32 PM
gnx7 has a spectacular aura aboutgnx7 has a spectacular aura aboutgnx7 has a spectacular aura about
misc shots

Attached Images      
Old 03-25-2013, 02:36 PM
more shots!

If you are a serious buyer and want to see more pictures I have probably 100 or more of this beast.

Attached Images      
Old 03-27-2013, 11:24 AM
For those that have inquired. To clarify this car is 2600lbs dry and 2774lbs wet with fuel/oil/fluids.

Old 03-28-2013, 01:52 PM
VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !
^^^ These are very capable track tools. Last year someone did a 1:33.6 at LS with a similar build. New owner of that vehicle just had his first shake-down at TH last weekend and did a1:49.8.

Best of Luck with the Sale!

Old 03-28-2013, 02:21 PM
m3racer08 is infamous around these parts
love LS built cars. Beautiful vehicle and best of luck with sale OP. I know this thing sound like a beast. Reminds me of my LS6 built E46 M3 race car.

Old 03-29-2013, 12:30 PM
Carbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond repute
I want the one in your avatar.

Old 03-29-2013, 12:34 PM
The red LPI Racing FD that nearly set a track record for its class last weekend used to be my car. It was built by Bill Lackey/Phil Munoz and will be a terror with a little more sorting by the new owner. He is becoming very comfortable in it and getting really fast.

Bill was the one that ran a 1:33.6 not even pushing the car and a string of 1:37's leaving the car in 3rd gear the entire time. My first time at Laguna Seca with it (same day) I ran a 1:35.5 my 2nd session ever driving that track. It had a 438ci LS7 and GForce 4spd dogbox at that time. LS powered FD RX-7's run strong when built properly.

That being said... the red LPI car currently has around 450rwhp/430rwtq (LS2 with LS3 heads on 91 octane).... Nate's car for sale here makes over 100rwhp/100rwtq more with only being 200lbs heavier.

The gray one in my avatar is my street car....

Last edited by gnx7; 03-29-2013 at 12:36 PM.
Old 04-01-2013, 02:38 PM
PMs replied to

Old 04-05-2013, 07:27 PM
weekend bump....

Old 04-07-2013, 02:35 PM
Verde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond repute
Nice build. Very nice. Same motor as my Ultima GTR. Do you know the before and after front/rear weight distribution?
B

Old 04-08-2013, 04:07 PM
kwiker is infamous around these parts
Mother ****ing boner, very nice build...if it had A/C I'd drive it to work every day...in a suit, on those slicks.

Old 04-11-2013, 07:31 AM
fstrnyu is infamous around these parts
Interested in trading at all? I have a '07 GT500 that makes 980hp on C16 and 850hp on pump with full supporting mods and some trick one off stuff.

Old 04-17-2013, 11:42 PM
no trades.... trying to free up cash... not acquire more cars

My buddy in the LPI Racing FD just went 1:33.4 at Laguna Seca last weekend with a less than perfect setup.

Nate's car with fresh slicks and a capable driver should be faster.

Old 04-22-2013, 10:37 AM
Spring bump. 80* in SF today.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: '93 Mazda RX-7 2600lb/585rwhp LS7 streetable track car