Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

944 Turbo S race car MUST GO!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2005, 11:16 PM
BOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to behold
944 Turbo S race car MUST GO!

I am selling my 1989 Porsche 944 turbo S. I was originally looking for another race car but I am strapped for cash as I am looking to invest it in something and need to sell my baby. The car has 69k original miles on it(far less than 90% of 944's left out there today). I have invested over 30k(minus the buying price) into this car in the past two seasons alone to get it to where it is today. It has around 400hp and weighs in under 3000 pounds allowing it to keep up with 996TTs, GT3, Z06s and other top end sports car.
Here is a short list of what I have done to the car(I am sure I am forgetting something as I have about 30 pages worth of work that I saved).

Fabspeed Exhaust
K27 Turbo Upgrade
Autothority Mass Air Flow Kit
Cat bypass pipe
Autothority software
Huntley Racing Boost Controler
Huntley Racing BOV
Huntley Racing Upgraded Block(port/polish)
VDO Boost Guage
modified oil pan/oil cooler
Rod Bearings redone(less than 500 miles)
Valve Job done(less than 150 miles ago)
Tial wastegate
Widefire head gasket
Fuel Pump(4 months old)
Corbeau forza race seats(passanger and driver)
SABELT 6pt harnesses
Custom Roll Cage
Stripped Interior
AC delete
Fire Extinguisher
Radio removed
Momo Steering Wheel
17in C2 wheels with Hoosier Slicks for track(I have extra sets of tires available as well)
16in stock wheels with another set of Hoosiers
High performance spark plugs, caps and rotor
928 S4 slotted brake rotors/Caliper
2 Sets of Pagid Brake Pads
Bilstein Coils
Eibach Springs
Camber Plates
Kill Switch
I have much much more available as well. With the car I can sell a Featherlite Aluminum Trailer if the buyer wants to work a deal out. I have tons of spares that I will let go with the car as well.
Typical Lap Times:
1:17-Blackhawk Farms Raceway
Low-mid 2:30's at Road America
Low 1:30's at Gingerman
1:36's at Autobahn South(only drove it once though)

This car would make for a great track car for someone who does not want to bang up their turbo but wants something lighter and more fun to drive on the track. I can put you in touch with several local pca members who can vouge for the car. As for those of you going to the Labor Day PCA Club RAce the car will be there if it is not sold by then. Pictures are too big to post so I can email them to anyone interested.

Old 08-14-2005, 07:07 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Price?

Old 08-14-2005, 08:13 AM
newport996 is infamous around these partsnewport996 is infamous around these parts
Pics?

Old 08-14-2005, 12:05 PM
teflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant future
Your car sounds very interesting. How about some pics?

Greg A

Last edited by teflon; 08-14-2005 at 12:13 PM.
Old 08-14-2005, 01:06 PM
BOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to behold
Hey guys I tried to upload some pics but they are too big. If someone can show me how to upload them I have over 50 of them to post, otherwise I can send them to anyones email. I am entertaining reasonable offer closer to 20k. Thanks.

Old 08-14-2005, 01:45 PM
Vik
Vik has a spectacular aura aboutVik has a spectacular aura about
I have seen this car in person and seen it fly. Very fast and in great condition. Good luck with the sale Mo. I am sure it will sell quick! Here is a link where you can host pictures:

http://www.imageshack.de/

Old 08-14-2005, 01:55 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Originally posted by BOYRACER
Hey guys I tried to upload some pics but they are too big. If someone can show me how to upload them I have over 50 of them to post, otherwise I can send them to anyones email. I am entertaining reasonable offer closer to 20k. Thanks.
Not a bad price at all considering I have seen several 89 race cars go for over $30k recently. Looking forward to the pics.