Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Sport Seats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2003, 02:25 PM
Duane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud of
Sport Seats

Selling sports seats. They are black with yellow stitching and painted seatbacks. $2500.00

Old 11-16-2003, 08:39 PM
Kurt RSF is infamous around these parts
Are they heated?

Old 11-16-2003, 08:59 PM
Duane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud of
Angry

No they are not heated.

Old 11-17-2003, 07:20 AM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Kurt RSF
Are they heated?
Mine are, buy mine , J/K decided to keep my seats for the time being...good luck Duane, let me know what you are able to sell them for as I will prob. do this in the future... Also will your GT3's be in the car by this weekend?? I will be up North and I want to see um..
Evan

Old 11-20-2003, 05:25 PM
Bump.

Old 11-20-2003, 05:44 PM
msindi is infamous around these parts
I sold a brand new set out of an 04 GT3 with 20 miles on it....They were electrical but I took the rails off and put htem in my car and so sold brand new sport seats in black leather with crest in headrest...no heating or p[ainted backs....Now I have full electric and heated seats in mine
None of that ghetto pulling and pushing to adjust seat position and height anymore...

Old 11-20-2003, 07:24 PM
Banned by Moderators
SANDOVAL has a spectacular aura aboutSANDOVAL has a spectacular aura aboutSANDOVAL has a spectacular aura about
misindi,

I am pulling out a set of standard power seats out of my car can I take the rails off those seats and put them on the new sports seats (Non power sliding) I just bought? Do I need to swap the controls too? Also do you know if I can swap the heating cloth out of my standard seats and put them in the new sports seats?

Old 11-21-2003, 01:20 PM
if ur keepingboth sets of seats you can definitely do the rails (you need to transplant switch panel too)...heating is doable although not sure how. If you replace cushion it will look odd as sport seats have perforated leather whereas standard ones dont...

Old 11-21-2003, 01:57 PM
LJH996TT is infamous around these parts
I purchased the sport seats from msindi (hopefully they are arriving this PM), and my Porsche dealer (Knopf) is switching the rails and switch panel from my standard 996TT seats and painting the backs to match my aluminum trim. Had I known all this in advance, I would have just taken the rails and switch panel from my seats and sent them to msindi and we would have avoided one set of labor. Anyway we will all have what we want in the end.

Old 11-21-2003, 01:57 PM
Banned by Moderators
SANDOVAL has a spectacular aura aboutSANDOVAL has a spectacular aura aboutSANDOVAL has a spectacular aura about
I plan on selling my standard seats and I want to swap the rails and switches...That will work right?

My standard seats are like these they have perferated seat cushions like the Sport Seats.

Sorry for the Hijacked thread....

Old 11-21-2003, 02:14 PM
You may encounter a problem in selling your standard seats since they will now be manual vs. electric on typical standard seats. Otherwise, everything should be fine.

Old 11-21-2003, 05:13 PM
Easier Sandoval is to just swap the backs and back cushgion (for heating)...
Loren, just spoke to Edwin and letme know how everything goes...I am actually unsure if electric sports seats and regular seats use the same fore/aft and height motor...should be interesting...
Guess I started a new trend LOL

Old 11-26-2003, 12:22 PM
I got my car back today and am quite pleased with the result. We switched the backs from the sport seats obtained from msindi to the standard electric seats from my 996TT (seat bases are exactly the same), so I now have sport seats with full power and memory. Only disappointment was the molded backs are not the hard finish seen on previous sport seats, but rather a matte composite material. The dealer was afraid we would not get the desired finish or possibly have problems down the road.

I now have a set of new condition standard seats available for sale with power backs and manual fore/aft/height adjustment if anyone is interested.

Loren

Old 11-26-2003, 12:45 PM
Banned by Moderators
Hmmm I have the matte Finish on my GT2 Sport seats I just bought I don't think there will be a problem preping and painting the backs.

Eric

Old 11-26-2003, 01:07 PM
The sport seats I obtained from Mansour are out of an '04 GT3. Don't know if there was a change for '04, but we didn't want to take the risk. The painted seat backs look great and if your set can be painted that is the best look.

Loren

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sport Seats