Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

2005 BMW M3 with lots of extras

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 08:52 AM
Marc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really nice
I disagree Steve the DB9 has an automatic w. paddles and the Vanquish has a sequential like the SMG in your car..I have driven both pretty extensively as my friend has had 2 Vanquishes a Vanquish S and a DB9 and I found the Vanquish tranny to be alot better shifting wise as it times it owns revs on the downshift how can you say it is junk?

The DB9 is a wondeful machine and has great lines, however for 80k less they had to make changes and one compromise was the tranny I read a very detailed review last year in one of the English car mags... even so I was complimeting you , I would do a DB9 before a Vanquish just from a pure dollars point of view..

Old 12-02-2005, 09:35 AM
SteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud of
the Vanquish tranny is the worst F1 box out there. I personally know of 3 people who have had theirs replaced, one had it replaced twice and eventually had the car bought back. I see a Vanquish on a flatbed almost once a month here. The tranny simply does not work.

On the other hand, the DB9 auto box is the best auto I have ever used. The shifts are incredibly quick and very smooth. It also will blip the throttle on downshifts to make them that much smoother and quicker. As a sporty GT, it suits the car much better as the auto mode in pretty much every SMG style tranny is basically unusable.

Old 12-02-2005, 10:09 AM
Marc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really nice
Could be so my friend did not keep his first Vanquish past 3k and the 2 they have now 1 "S" and one non-S onl;y have about 2500k on each...all I know is he raves about the tranny and even says it is as good as in his 430 he has...

Either way Steve awesome ride enjoy...

Old 12-02-2005, 10:18 AM
SteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud of
perhaps he has good luck. i did extensive research on the vanquish a few months ago and was very close to purchasing one...that's the only reason i know all this stuff.

Anyway, thanks for the bumps. Want another M3?

Old 12-02-2005, 10:27 AM
yeah maybe so either way he trades alot so no issue for him...I like that M3 you have..however mine is still good...I am done with cars and watches for a while to many losses now I just do laptops, digital cameras and cell phones...

PS---I love the watch you have for sale as well killer piece..

Old 12-02-2005, 11:00 AM
Porscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of light
Yeah I have heard the Vanquish is not reliable at all.

Old 12-04-2005, 07:07 PM
less than 2 days left on the auction

Old 12-07-2005, 10:22 AM
ok i have someone that wants to take over my lease. If I do not have a firm offer of $58k for the car by noon pacific time today then it is his. LAST CHANCE!