Item Condition:

FS : 1996 Ferrari 355 Spider

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 01:34 PM
turbo_freak is infamous around these parts
FS : 1996 Ferrari 355 Spider

A low 9600 mile California car, Classic Rosso Corsa RED on TAN

Don't have too much info on the car, belongs to a friend of mine. If anyone is interested let me know. Looking for $85,000 OBO

I have big pics if you want them emailed to you just let me know

Attached Images  

Last edited by turbo_freak; 02-03-2006 at 01:25 PM.
Old 02-01-2006, 01:35 AM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
Holy crap, you'll never get $95k for a F355! Check out Ferrarichat for a more realistic price. F355 that is in pristine sells for 60-80k.

Old 02-01-2006, 02:04 AM
atan888 has much to be proud ofatan888 has much to be proud ofatan888 has much to be proud ofatan888 has much to be proud ofatan888 has much to be proud ofatan888 has much to be proud ofatan888 has much to be proud ofatan888 has much to be proud of
not true try 65 to 112k depends on year miles and service records.

Old 02-01-2006, 01:48 PM
JoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud of
The collection had a 99 Rossa Corsa/ Tan F1 spider w/ 13K miles for $110K, with all recals and services (inc. belt). That is the nicest 355 you can find, and it can be gotten for only $10,000 more than your friend's.

I'm not trying to hijack this ad, but realistically, he asking about $20K-30k too much (esp. for a private sale). If anyone wants me to delete this, let me know-- again, I don't want it to be a bashing...

-Joe

Old 02-01-2006, 09:49 PM
trozenhorse is infamous around these parts
check out dupont registry....any where from around $75-$85 depending on miles etc....love that model...i would love that but in the berlinetta as i already have a cab, but it is nice in the cab

Old 02-02-2006, 01:42 AM
Welcome to the OC, bitch!
trojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant future
Sheesh, I posted a price comment in another for sale ad, and I got blasted by several people. I guess everyone's off their period now.

Old 02-02-2006, 03:52 PM
Originally Posted by trojanman
Sheesh, I posted a price comment in another for sale ad, and I got blasted by several people. I guess everyone's off their period now.
sorry . you guys need to shut up about a car's value in the F/S section. all remarks about pricing should be limited to PM to the seller. no need to detract from the value of the car in a public manner like that. the car may be priced high but I just put the darn thing up, you gotta start somewhere. if any of you are interested* in the car at a lower pirce than say so , if not then you need to bite your tongue and enjoy the post.

I hope hope you fell better now trojan man

*I am considering buying this car if the $ is right

Old 02-02-2006, 06:27 PM
Banned
sticky is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by turbo_freak
sorry . you guys need to shut up about a car's value in the F/S section. all remarks about pricing should be limited to PM to the seller. no need to detract from the value of the car in a public manner like that. the car may be priced high but I just put the darn thing up, you gotta start somewhere. if any of you are interested* in the car at a lower pirce than say so , if not then you need to bite your tongue and enjoy the post.

Umm, it is a very good thing that people comment on price to let people come back to reality. If you don't like it ignore it, but as long as people post their cars for sale people are going to comment on it.

Where else would it be appropriate to discuss a car's value other than the for sale section? A car is only worth what people are willing to pay for it, this thing isn't worth anything near 100k period.

Old 02-02-2006, 06:38 PM
Originally Posted by sticky
Umm, it is a very good thing that people comment on price to let people come back to reality. If you don't like it ignore it, but as long as people post their cars for sale people are going to comment on it.

Where else would it be appropriate to discuss a car's value other than the for sale section? A car is only worth what people are willing to pay for it, this thing isn't worth anything near 100k period.
in PM...it doesnt matter what anyone who won't spend one red cent on this car thinks it's worth. would you agree or disagree ?

conjecture is all fine and dandy and I can do it with the best of them too but I don't see the point in getting all riled up about the value of something you have zero intent on purchasing. If you want to make an offer on the car that's great, does it have to be $95,000? No. That's the nature of trying to sell something, you find the right perceived value through trial and error.

Old 02-03-2006, 11:44 AM
Banned
sticky is infamous around these parts
in PM...it doesnt matter what anyone who won't spend one red cent on this car thinks it's worth. would you agree or disagree ?

conjecture is all fine and dandy and I can do it with the best of them too but I don't see the point in getting all riled up about the value of something you have zero intent on purchasing. If you want to make an offer on the car that's great, does it have to be $95,000? No. That's the nature of trying to sell something, you find the right perceived value through trial and error.
It doesn't matter to you what someone who won't spend a dime on the car thinks it's worth. I agree with that, but there are a good amount of people on here that know the market on these cars very well and their input should be greatly appreciated if you are an interested party in the purchase of the vehicle.

Old 02-03-2006, 12:50 PM
ruffinit is a splendid one to beholdruffinit is a splendid one to beholdruffinit is a splendid one to beholdruffinit is a splendid one to beholdruffinit is a splendid one to beholdruffinit is a splendid one to beholdruffinit is a splendid one to beholdruffinit is a splendid one to behold
If someone is really trying to sell the car...they would price it competitively, or at least around what they truely believe the car is worth. If it's not, the car can turn away a lot of interested parties on even offering on the car. Also, I'm sure not all the comments are meant to be rude, but imformative(like this one). Either way nice car and good luck with the sale. If you get 95k more power to ya!

Old 02-03-2006, 01:18 PM
TraderHal is a glorious beacon of lightTraderHal is a glorious beacon of lightTraderHal is a glorious beacon of lightTraderHal is a glorious beacon of lightTraderHal is a glorious beacon of light

Comments about a car's value is very useful in the For Sale section.

Old 02-03-2006, 01:24 PM
See The Edit

Old 02-05-2006, 12:28 AM
David Nunez is infamous around these parts
Comments on a cars value are very valuable provided that those people making the comments are truly well versed in the market value of the particular car they are commenting on. In another for sale post that I made for my Nephew Matt some guy posted that the 2006 F430 that we have for sale for $230k was way too high. Well that shows that he knows nothing about the market value of the car. Getting a 2006 F430 with only 107 miles on it that is also loaded with extras such as Tubi (factory installed) and is a rare 6 speed is a steal. Go on Ferraris website or the Dupont registry and research the market. 05 430s with 3k-5k miles on them and no big options are going for $239K or more. So that guy spoke out of place just to seem like a smart guy and hurt a potential sale of a nice car. Matt wanted to share a gorgeous car(that there is a two year waiting list for) with someone that is here in our community. So open discussion is not a problem with me just make sure you do your research before hand. Otherwise you are just speaking to hurt a fellow member here. That goes against what it is all about in this community.

Last edited by David Nunez; 02-05-2006 at 12:34 AM.
Old 02-05-2006, 01:00 AM
Holger B is infamous around these parts
No reason for anyone not to comment on price. If the buyer has to defend his price, maybe he's out of line or maybe he didn't do a good enough job describing the item. If the person questioning the price is wrong, the buyer should be able to straighten them out (he's probably not the only one thinking the price is out of line, just the first to comment).

Don't like that, don't post it here. That's what I did. Had a car where I knew people would blast my asking price. Advertised it elsewhere and the first guy to come see it bought it at my price. It was much nicer than the wholesale values that people on this board would compare it to, but that wouldn't come thru on this medium so I didn't bother listing it here.

Most people here are very knowledgeable and those that aren't won't be taken seriously anyhow. No reason to tell people what they can & can't comment on.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: FS : 1996 Ferrari 355 Spider