Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

‘95 Toyota Supra targa
86,xxx Miles
Super white with black interior
Original TT auto
Clean title in hand
Owner: Kyle Hatem

The car started its life as a Lease back in 1995 in Florida. I have some pretty extensive documentation of prior work/receipts, as well as a log-book from one of the prior owners who noted every single time he drove it. It really is a very clean example.
Having trouble digging up the full carfax report, but if I recall correctly, I am the 6th registered owner (one of the prior owners actually sold the car and bought it back later, for what it’s worth)

No reported accidents, though the passenger front fender was replaced during prior ownership.
The story I heard was that the car got backed into, and I have no reason to not believe that. It is straight as an arrow, the targa comes on and off with ease as it should. As far as paint work, it appears to be original with the exception of that fender, the front bumper (license plate holes were filled) and some blending on the passenger door @ the time of fender replacement. All other vin tags are present, VIN-etched glass all around, etc.

Here is a general mod list:
Stock longblock (unopened)
Turbonetics 61mm JB turbo, PHR manifold
750cc Injectors and upgraded fuel rail
HKS VPC/GCC
Fluidamper
Fluidyne Radiator
Greddy 3-Row Intercooler
3" DP and catback with Vibrant Muffler (Catback originated as an HKS Carbon Ti but the muffler was changed
A340e built by Best Transmission in Springfield, MA (owner of the shop is a very knowledgeable supra guy)
Titan 3500 stall
Megan Coilovers
18" CCW LM5s wrapped in Toyo R888's
Chrome stock TT wheels with slightly used tires will be included @ asking price
97/98 headlights and taillights
Chrome plated stock intake manifold & various engine dress up items
TRD Strut Tower Brace

Granite State Dyno & Tune in Hudson, NH did a PPI on the car back in 2015.
I don't have the compression readout but do know that it all checked out and that was roughly 6k miles or so ago. I am sure Alex Wohlwend (the shop owner) would be glad to speak on the car if you wanted to try contacting him. He tuned the car as well; FYI it is tuned on 16psi and makes ~450whp.

Various notes for prospective buyers:
How many miles running Single Turbo? I would have to dig through some old receipts to estimate. The car was single turbo when I bought it, but if memory serves me right it was installed around 2012/2013 at 60k miles or so.

Have you taken it to the track? Not once in my ownership. No knowledge of track use prior to that either

Does the A/C blow cold? Yes

What standard maintenance items have been done?
- Valve stem seals - Prior owner told me that they were done around 70k, though I do not have proof. See link to youtube video showing the cold start with zero smoke
- Water pump - I am honestly not sure --> It physically looks newer than 23 y/o so I would be surprised if it were original, but I have not replaced it (there are no leaks or funny noises).
- Timing belt - It has been done once in the life of the car. I will have to go through my binder again for specific dates/times but my recollection has it being done around 50k miles, roughly around
2010/2011. That was on my short list for preventative maintenance items to do in the next year or so simply due to age.
- I recently had a belt chirping-noise that I was chasing down. Originally thought it was from the harmonic damper, replaced that with the fluidamper but the noise remained. It turned out to the be the fan
clutch so both of those items are brand new.

How about a list of "the bad"?
Here are some other things worth noting about the car.
- Radio works but needs rear speakers and an amp to sound good. Has upgraded speakers in the doors but none in the rear since they were blown - I am not a stereo guy so left it as is.
- A couple of the HVAC bulbs are out (normal problem on Supra’s) --> I did replace the cluster bulbs with white LED ones last winter.
- Fuel gauge stopped working for some reason (sitting on E) --> just haven't had the opportunity to chase it down.

There are a couple maintenance items that the car could use. If time allows, I will have them addressed prior to sale, but just want to be open:
- Rear main seal has a slow leak
- Drivers side rear wheel bearing started making noise the last time I drove it and needs to be replaced (I am planning to do this for the new owner prior to sale)

I have been part of the Supra community for roughly 5 years now (moved to this car from a 700+whp 6 speed), and this is one of the cleaner cars I’ve seen in the New England area (especially considering that it hasn’t been extensively modded/molested).
I am in no rush to sell, just do not have enough time to enjoy it and wouldn’t mind freeing up the cash. It will be a hard car to replace, so this is a hard decision for me!
FOR ADDITIONAL PHOTOS, PLEASE CLICK ONE OF THE PHOTOS BELOW TO BE DIRECTED TO MY FLICKR, THEN CLICK THE "SUPRA" ALBUM

Videos of the car (all taken this past weekend):
Cold Start:
Walkaround:
Exhaust note/Rev:
Small little pull/flyby:

Last edited by SVTto2JZ; 09-16-2018 at 10:37 PM.
Old 09-24-2018 | 12:39 PM
|
SVTto2JZ is infamous around these parts
Deposit received/Sale pending

Old 09-28-2018 | 12:50 PM
|
SVTto2JZ is infamous around these parts
Car is sold.