Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

WTB - stock K16 turbos from 996tt

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 06:35 PM
John D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to behold
WTB - stock K16 turbos from 996tt

Looking for a set of K-16 turbos in good working order. Please PM price.

Old 03-03-2006, 06:47 PM
Ruf-Racer has a spectacular aura aboutRuf-Racer has a spectacular aura aboutRuf-Racer has a spectacular aura about
Good Idea John

Let me check,I may know somebody that can help.OK?

Cheers

R

Old 03-03-2006, 07:36 PM
John D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to behold
Thanks Roland,

PM or email me dgi@conknet.com if you know of something available.

Old 03-03-2006, 09:15 PM
Banned
Neil@Orton is infamous around these parts
I have just sent you a PM.I have just taken a pair of a 19,000 car.

Neil

Old 03-03-2006, 10:51 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Hey John, what's in the car right now??

Old 03-04-2006, 08:08 PM
FVD stage 2, RUF exhaust, Evo V-Flo, RUF PSS-9 & B&M SSK. I am very happy with this set-up, but after almost 4 years, I have the itch for a slight change. I am going to the GT-1 turbos (K16/24 low clearance) with stage 3 (K24) software, ported headers and FVD intake plenum. I think this will keep things interesting for a while longer.

After 4 years and 53,000 miles, I still love this car. This is a record for me!

Old 03-04-2006, 08:33 PM
TKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really nice
John, I have the same setup...You'll love it!!

Old 03-04-2006, 10:25 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by John D II
FVD stage 2, RUF exhaust, Evo V-Flo, RUF PSS-9 & B&M SSK. I am very happy with this set-up, but after almost 4 years, I have the itch for a slight change. I am going to the GT-1 turbos (K16/24 low clearance) with stage 3 (K24) software, ported headers and FVD intake plenum. I think this will keep things interesting for a while longer.

After 4 years and 53,000 miles, I still love this car. This is a record for me!
Ohh i was just wondering why you needed stock turbo's if you have K16's in your car now

Old 03-05-2006, 08:59 AM
I am having them rebuilt to K16/24 GT1's and want to keep my originals in case I want to return the car to stock some day. They have been well cared for and run great. As with all my other mods, I am keeping the original parts, so the car can be returned to stock. It is easier to sell a stock car and then sell the mods on a board (my experience is good mods usually sell immediately) than to try to explain a modded car.

Old 03-05-2006, 11:18 AM
K24madness is infamous around these parts
I am having them rebuilt to K16/24 GT1's and want to keep my originals in case I want to return the car to stock some day. They have been well cared for and run great. As with all my other mods, I am keeping the original parts, so the car can be returned to stock. It is easier to sell a stock car and then sell the mods on a board (my experience is good mods usually sell immediately) than to try to explain a modded car.
If/when you sell the car don't bother swapping the stock turbos back on. They are such a small step up that they will work well with all of the other stock components. They will produce only slightly more HP with stock ECU and be otherwise undetectable.

Old 03-05-2006, 04:14 PM
TKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really nice
K24, Please explain how the K16/24 GT1's Zero clearance setup, will only yield slightly more power?

Old 03-05-2006, 04:25 PM
Ahh i see, well goodluck man!

Old 03-05-2006, 05:48 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TKDalumni
K24, Please explain how the K16/24 GT1's Zero clearance setup, will only yield slightly more power?
I believe he's syaing this in the context of using an otherwise stock car, including stock ECU map.