Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Factory Five 818S Project

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2021, 09:41 AM
Kato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really nice
Factory Five 818S Project

Year: 2015
Make: Lotus
Model: Elise
Price: $15999
Mileage: 5000
Color: RED Gelcoat
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): CA
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

Obviously not a Lotus Elise. Factory Five 818S (kit car).

Ok, testing the sale of my 818s before I go deeper on the build... If anybody wants to finish her off (rebuild or replace the motor), the rest is there and ready to go!

Asking $13,999 OBO!

Had weak motor when purchased that blew after some street and track use so I swapped in a JDM motor but did a lot of upgrades in the process. Turns out that “new/used” motor was also bad so I’m upside down even more after labor at this point after spending nearly $10k for the recent upgrades. I’m in over $30K on this thing with receipts to prove it. Time to cut my losses and move on if somebody wants to take the project across the finish line with the motor swap.

I’m putting it up for sale as is so a DIY’er can swap in another block (used or built depending on goals) and have an amazing car for a steal of a deal. I have quotes for built blocks on hand but I prefer to focus building my other, track only car right now (LS7 BMW M3). Used blocks go for about $1500 or less depending on miles. Use your labor or have your shop do it. Or go full build for a monster!

List of recent mods (all professionally installed) include:

Boyd’s Gas tank/new fuel sending unit
E85 flex fuel sniffer
id1000 injectors
STI turbo
Updated, custom Exhaust
Killer bee pickup
Radium surge tank

Everything is installed and was ready to tune when we realized the compression was low on the new motor and we stopped to regroup. Testing as is sale before I sink thousands more into the project.

This setup will be good for a safe 300whp on e85 with stock EJ20 block. With a built block, likely good for 450whp+. Don’t forget, the car weighs ~1900 lbs total!!! A total blast to drive and titled for street in Fl right now...

Open to offers both cash and trade.

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/d/santa-monica-factory-five-818s-kit-car/7283475016.html

Original BAT AD when I purchased her: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2015-factory-five-818s/

Last edited by Kato; 06-13-2021 at 08:33 AM.
Old 03-08-2021, 04:53 AM
arjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond repute
Basically just need a motor and type of trans? street legal and titled as a kit car? Please post some interior and engine bay shots the link you posted didn't work, and just to verify the car is in Florida? thanks

Last edited by arjayr33; 03-08-2021 at 04:57 AM. Reason: typo
Old 03-08-2021, 10:24 AM
Kato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really nice
Originally Posted by arjayr33
Basically just need a motor and type of trans? street legal and titled as a kit car? Please post some interior and engine bay shots the link you posted didn't work, and just to verify the car is in Florida? thanks
Trans is fine. Simplest way to finish this off is with another EJ20 from an early 2000's WRX., That's plug and play. Stock or built. Or, you could go nuts and do pretty much anything in here. People are swapping in all sorts of creative things!

Links are fixed with the older images. It hasn't changed materially except I added a wide band. Just cleaned up the whole car this weekend as its now back in my garage, ready to be seen and/or picked up.

The car is in Southern California, 90272. Originally VIN'd in IL and currently titled in FL (where I bought it from).

Old 03-08-2021, 08:36 PM
arjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond repute
old motor is still there OP?

Old 03-08-2021, 08:43 PM
Originally Posted by arjayr33
old motor is still there OP?
yes, complete and will technically fire up but don’t want any more harm done so not moving under it’s own power. It can be rebuilt most likely (ringland failure, relatively minor) but might as well upgrade internals once opened up... or, grab another one and swap it over.

Old 03-12-2021, 10:54 AM
Going to send it for a motor build in a week or so but dropping the price to a firm $15K if anybody has interest. At least I'll get to enjoy her for awhile and then I'll sell someday in the future.

Old 06-12-2021, 08:06 PM
Still available. Stopped trying to sell but dropped price to $13,999 for quick sale. Less if goes quickly and smoothly. Need garage space back for more toys!

Old 06-13-2021, 05:35 AM
Please consider my original offer via DM or text, t y

Old 09-19-2021, 12:52 AM
Car was sold awhile back. Updating thread! Thx for all the interest here.

Old 02-05-2022, 12:33 AM
alidonka is infamous around these parts
hello

Joe was the only one at the inspection, and he barely said anything. They confirmed that they worked on the automobile and that it had turbochargers. Then he said that he needed to depart since he had a flight to catch. Ryan is someone I've never met. No one notified me that the motor was not built by them. I'm not trying to come out as a jerk, but if you go over my posts on the forum, you'll see the automobiles I've had. I wouldn't be so enthusiastic about a 15-year-old 997tt that I'd ignore someone warning me it was a bomb and that I shouldn't purchase it!!!

Old 02-05-2022, 12:40 AM
Originally Posted by alidonka
hello

Joe was the only one at the inspection, and he barely said anything. They confirmed that they worked on the automobile and that it had turbochargers. Then he said that he needed to depart since he had a flight to catch. Ryan is someone I've never met. No one notified me that the motor was not built by them. I'm not trying to come out as a jerk, but if you go over my posts on the forum, you'll see the automobiles I've had. I wouldn't be so enthusiastic about a 15-year-old 997tt that I'd ignore someone warning me it was a bomb and that I shouldn't purchase it!!!
think you have the wrong number…!? 😀😂