Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Anyone have a Range Rover for SALE?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 01:02 PM
JNRSM3 is a name known to allJNRSM3 is a name known to allJNRSM3 is a name known to allJNRSM3 is a name known to allJNRSM3 is a name known to allJNRSM3 is a name known to all
Question Anyone have a Range Rover for SALE?

My business partner is looking to get into a current model pristine Range Rover ASAP. My partner and I are located in SoCal and would like to get into one very very soon. If the right one is found, we intend to close the transaction fast.

TIA

Old 03-17-2006, 08:32 PM
02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute
TELL NICK He's a beyatch and just get a cayenne!

Old 03-17-2006, 08:33 PM
TUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by 02barebones996
TELL NICK He's a beyatch and just get a cayenne!
Yes, I agree. I looked seriously at the RR but the Cayenne was just a better fit...take a look at the CS or CTT...

Old 03-18-2006, 12:30 AM
JNRSM3 is a name known to allJNRSM3 is a name known to allJNRSM3 is a name known to allJNRSM3 is a name known to allJNRSM3 is a name known to allJNRSM3 is a name known to all
Thanks for the advice. I'll mention that to my partner and see what he thinks/feels about the Cayenne.

Curious, what made the Cayenne a better fit/car? I've driven neither, so I don't have a clue.

Old 03-18-2006, 12:46 AM
Salespunk is infamous around these parts
Cayenne drives much better than the RR and is also a lot quicker even with the V8. The RR is bigger on the inside though.

Old 03-18-2006, 01:23 AM
SteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud of
man, literally 2 days ago we traded our 04 in on an 06. could have made you a good deal.

Old 03-18-2006, 01:51 AM
Originally Posted by SteveH
man, literally 2 days ago we traded our 04 in on an 06. could have made you a good deal.
crap...i should have posted this earlier.

Old 03-18-2006, 02:38 AM
newport996 is infamous around these partsnewport996 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Salespunk
Cayenne drives much better than the RR and is also a lot quicker even with the V8. The RR is bigger on the inside though.

By better what exactly do you mean? From experience....The Cayenne is smaller, handles better, and is faster (except for the V6)....The RR is smoother, quieter, more luxurious, is bigger and has better off road cpabilities. They are both awesome cars...if you want more sporty get the Cayenne, if you want luxury, get the RR....What kinda prices are you looking to spend? I have an amazing one with the Lux Package, and a very hard color combo to get in a Lux package car....Its not for sale, but for the right price, I may be tempted.

Old 03-18-2006, 11:49 AM
Originally Posted by newport996
By better what exactly do you mean? From experience....The Cayenne is smaller, handles better, and is faster (except for the V6)....The RR is smoother, quieter, more luxurious, is bigger and has better off road cpabilities. They are both awesome cars...if you want more sporty get the Cayenne, if you want luxury, get the RR....What kinda prices are you looking to spend? I have an amazing one with the Lux Package, and a very hard color combo to get in a Lux package car....Its not for sale, but for the right price, I may be tempted.
PM me what you think you'd want for it. Specs too please. My partner is 6'6", so the bigger RR might be the best option if for just that reason alone.

Thanks

Old 03-18-2006, 12:10 PM
maxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the rough
Cayenne and RR are in two different categories. The Cayenne is more comparable to the RR Sport in size, drive and styling. If you're looking at the smaller SUV's you should definitely check out the RR Sport Supercharged. About the same hp etc. as the Cayenne turbo, well a little less, but costs 20 grand less.

If your buddy is 6'6, I would reccomend the full size. I looked at the cayenne and the RR Sport and they both felt too small for me, and I'm 6'1. I went with an 04 RR full size and love it.

Old 03-18-2006, 06:33 PM
Banned for Eternity
teutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond repute
6'6" will be NO problem in the Cayenne - the headroom and legroom are sick in there.

The RR sport supercharged is not quite as much hp as the CTT, and nowhere near as fast, plus it is based on an LR3, so the platform is not to the same high standard as I feel the CTT and RR are.

The Cayenne Turbo is probably more capable off-road than I will ever need, as I've already gone in mud, gravel, dirt, climbed dirt hills, and ridden the sand dunes - it did this all on Pirelli P Zero Rosso 20" tires, so to me, I can't imagine a more capable off-roader, and if the RR is more capable, I don't see how I could possibly test it.

The RR is definitely more luxurious inside, although the CTT is very luxurious also - it just has that sort of old school British class about it.

Old 03-19-2006, 12:25 AM
newport996 is infamous around these partsnewport996 is infamous around these parts
If he ever rides people in the back seats....the full size RR has huge room front and back....I just went to the snow up at Angeles crest...while every other car was slipping and losing grip in the ice....the RR in Low was SOOO sure footed it was crazy....Its an amazing feeling to drive through snow and ice while the heated seats and steering wheel were keeping me warm and satelite radio was pulling in stations static free....all with tons of room front and back...the Cayenne is an amazing car BUT the king of the off road has and always been the RR....I went on the off road demo 2 years in a row in the RR and I am amazed at the clearance, the suspension and the off road electronics package. This is enhanced by the highest ground clearance off all the SUV's except the H1 I think. He should drive both...very different cars. I LOVED the Cayenne because it felt like a Porsche....but the RR felt better. This is my 2nd Rover and 2nd Porsche....Can't go wrong with either.

Old 03-19-2006, 12:29 PM
Bre
Land Rover Guru
Bre is infamous around these parts
What kind of Range Rover do you want? '03, '04, '05, '06? Color Combo options? I've got a couple of nice pre-owns and a good selection of new ones. I'm in the midwest though, so transportation could be an issue.

Old 03-19-2006, 12:56 PM
Sorry...My wife will not part with the Rover...She wont sell....Its an 03, and she wont even sell to get a newer one, she loves this car...FYI, I have driven the 06 with the Jag engine for a weekend, and couldnt wait to get our 03 back from service. The 03 has the BMW engine and transmission, and while it says it has 30 less HP, It FEELS faster, peppier and more lively....I LOVE the BMW's V8 growl...the Jag was very anemic....no engine noise, no pickup, freeway passing was horrible. The BMW has done road tirps with the cruise control set at 100 and it did it so smoothly...The BMW engine was used from 2003-2005. I would personally get one of those years. Also if you do lots of driving, get the Luxury seating option (The Oxford package in 2003)....Its is night and day different. The seats are SOOOO comfortable its crazy.

Old 03-19-2006, 01:27 PM
Bre
Land Rover Guru
Bre is infamous around these parts
The jag engine is quieter because of more sound deadening material used in the engine compartment, also the vehicle now has laminated side windows for the front passengers. They were trying to make the interior a lot quieter for a more luxury feel and sound.
I agree with you on the Luxury Interior, it is quite choice. You get the added ability to adjust the headrest and shoulder section of the seat and then memorize it. Oh, and if you want highway passing then get the Supercharged. Now that's a fun car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: Anyone have a Range Rover for SALE?