Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

89 944 Turbo S For sale!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2006 | 11:19 PM
|
BOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to behold
Fischer Motors in Barriington, IL. They do tons of PCA race cars and are very reputable in the area. They have worked on the car since day one and also worked on our 993 track car. I can put you in contact with him if you would like more info. Their number is 847-304-8822, and his name is Rick.

Old 04-30-2006 | 12:20 AM
|
BOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to behold
I am open to some trades as well...

Old 05-01-2006 | 01:33 AM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Boy Racer-

Looks like a pretty cool car- Consider a trade with partial cash? I have a Ducati 748s low miles mint bike-

Also you might want to edit your description-

There was no Turbo S in 89 - it was just known as the turbo- The only Turbo S in the 944 series was in 88 and it was the Rose color - All 89 cars had the base 247hp - in 88 the regular turbo made 217 hp and the turbo s was 247hp.

Just a worthless factiod im sure- but nonetheless a tid bit worth knowing..

Seems like a pretty cool car you have,,

Had a 87 Turbo with a 2.8 Stroker turbo cup engine- Wowo what a hoot
440+ hp reliable- That thing was a sleeper.........

Good luck with the sale.. Its the right color

Old 05-01-2006 | 01:40 AM
|
Fabryce...if I could ride I would take the trade, but unfortuntely I can not ride and am afraid of killing myself.

I originally advertised it as a regular turbo and had to tell people what it was over and over again. I know they made the S only in 88 and the 89 turbo was pretty much an S, but if you only knew how many people asked me if it was an S and what it had different from a turbo. I put it up there because people then know its the same as an 88 S turbo.

Old 05-06-2006 | 03:13 PM
Only 5SPEED
MPD47 is infamous around these partsMPD47 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by LUIS95993
List it on Rennlist. It should move fast.
Originally Posted by BOYRACER
Just got my Panarama for the month and if you check 944 turbo S sales this car is priced 5-15k lower than anything that is similar to it? =(......I am getting antsy as the season starts, looking to start building a new car
No offense man, but you are ABSOLUTELY CRAZY if you think that 944 Turbo's are selling in that price range. You'll be lucky to get 15k for your car. Seeing as how you've modified it the fact that it's an '89 means jack all, except that it's heavier than the '86 model year. A nice, capable, track car, sure, but 14k just on a stock engine build? Were your internals made of gold? Just seems like a slightly modified "stockish" track car. Btw, let me know where you are seeing 951's go for 30k, Hell for that I'll sell both mine!

Old 05-07-2006 | 01:54 AM
|
Originally Posted by MPD47
No offense man, but you are ABSOLUTELY CRAZY if you think that 944 Turbo's are selling in that price range. You'll be lucky to get 15k for your car. Seeing as how you've modified it the fact that it's an '89 means jack all, except that it's heavier than the '86 model year. A nice, capable, track car, sure, but 14k just on a stock engine build? Were your internals made of gold? Just seems like a slightly modified "stockish" track car. Btw, let me know where you are seeing 951's go for 30k, Hell for that I'll sell both mine!
First off, who in the blue hell are you and what possessed you to talk **** about my car? If you had 3 cents worth of a brain you would check out rennlist and check out panerama and realize that 88-89 944 turbos sell for this range and track cars with very similar setups for far higher. The motor has ZERO hours on it and the car itself has less than 70k miles(very low for any 944 turbo). Actually 88 turbo S's and 89 turbos do make a difference in resale and were upgraded compared to you "lighter" 86. So please if you want to be a jackass go do it elsewhere. My car and I have a great reputation in the PCA, here and with any other racing organization. If you are not interested in buying my car then shut up and stop posting in my thread. BTW jackass I have gotten offers north of 17k that I respectfully turned down. So until you are certain of the market for these cars, please do not come on here and spit your knowledgeless ****....congrats on being a jackass.

oh and btw moron...show me one other stockish 944 turbo that will go 1:17 at blackhawk or low 2:30's at road america? Are some 16 year old kid who has not idea about race cars and simply had nothing better to do on friday night then make some useless post like this?

Last edited by BOYRACER; 05-07-2006 at 01:57 AM.
Old 05-07-2006 | 11:40 AM
Only 5SPEED
First off, who in the blue hell are you and what possessed you to talk **** about my car? If you had 3 cents worth of a brain you would check out rennlist and check out panerama and realize that 88-89 944 turbos sell for this range and track cars with very similar setups for far higher. The motor has ZERO hours on it and the car itself has less than 70k miles(very low for any 944 turbo).
Zero hours on an engine you clearly over-paid for. Oh yeah, when listing modifications, you might want to actually list what they are, rather than "High performance clutch" (Sorry a sachs plate with a 930 disk isnt high performance, let me know when you get into real race clutches) and it's spelled Lexan. Might want to also list who built your cage, what point it is, what tubing size, attachment points, and what it's legal for. Oh yeah, the Autothority Maf and Huntley Controller HILARIOUS.

Actually 88 turbo S's and 89 turbos do make a difference in resale and were upgraded compared to you "lighter" 86.
The '88 Turbo S, and '89 make a large difference on a stock car, when it comes to modifications and track cars, not really. You'd be better off starting with a late offset '87, or an '86 and doing new hubs, spindles, and a arms, as they are would easily offset the price of a stock later model.

BTW jackass I have gotten offers north of 17k that I respectfully turned down. So until you are certain of the market for these cars, please do not come on here and spit your knowledgeless ****....congrats on being a jackass.
Knowledgeless ****? LOL, I've only bought and sold 3 944 turbos, and happen to own a highly modified one. I have a bit of a clue as to the market, unlike certain fools PCA who think they can price a car sky high and get it to sell to anyone who has a clue.

Are some 16 year old kid who has not idea about race cars and simply had nothing better to do on friday night then make some useless post like this?
Hardly, but your attempted insults are amusing boyracer, let me know when daddy stops paying for all your ****. Actually I hadnt even seen this topic till a friend showed me it because he thought it was hysterical. Race cars? Seems like you dont know the meaning, I'm more than happy to get into a dick waving contest of cars/modifications I've owned or worked on. A race car isnt some '89 you overpayed for, blew the motor on, did suspension, ripped the AC and Stereo out of, and did some generic so-so mods on.

Oh yeah, and accusump is one of the worst things you can do to a 944 turbo, the oiling issue which causes the #2 bearing to fail, it's because the oil gets churned up by the crank due to a poor sump and baffeling design. Creates air bubbles and foam, blah blah blah. When you're in a high G corner the accusump sees the lower pressure due to the oil being sloshed to one side and dumps UP TO 3 QUARTS extra into the pan. Which just puts more oil up on the crank to get churned up into a frothy mixture which doesnt lubricate at all. Terrible "fix", dry sump, or a baffle updated pan is all someone should do when trying to fix oiling "issues" on a 951.

Last edited by MPD47; 05-07-2006 at 11:53 AM.
Old 05-07-2006 | 02:05 PM
|
First off buddy, you seem to really care a lot about my car and my post. If you do want to get into a pissing contest, I have raced cars professionally, overseas, in the US everything from street cars, to prepared cars to forumla cars and karts, so i would guess I have a little more knowledge about track cars then most on here. I pay for my own car and my mods. If you do not like the car then do not post about it. Why you turned into a jackass and decided to ruin my for sale thread I do not know. You need to get a life, take your show car 944 and get the **** out of my for sale thread *******. If you are ever in the area, bring your "highly" modded 944 turbo to any local track, get your *** handed to you by my "stockish" 944 turbo and then shut your mouth.

Old 05-07-2006 | 02:13 PM
|

Oh yeah, and accusump is one of the worst things you can do to a 944 turbo, the oiling issue which causes the #2 bearing to fail, it's because the oil gets churned up by the crank due to a poor sump and baffeling design. Creates air bubbles and foam, blah blah blah. When you're in a high G corner the accusump sees the lower pressure due to the oil being sloshed to one side and dumps UP TO 3 QUARTS extra into the pan. Which just puts more oil up on the crank to get churned up into a frothy mixture which doesnt lubricate at all. Terrible "fix", dry sump, or a baffle updated pan is all someone should do when trying to fix oiling "issues" on a 951.
IN regards to this, we did the baffle updated pan and the problem was not remedied. I bet you have more knowledge about building track cars then my shop who has prepared hundreds? So again you go off spitting your useless knowledge. Hey if you believe you are right be my guest call my shop, Fischer Motors in Barrington, IL and have a talk with them. I am sure he will make you understand that you are incorrect. Oh and btw, I have one more question, other than your street 944 turbos how many race cars have you set up or even raced?

Old 05-07-2006 | 03:26 PM
Only 5SPEED
First off buddy, you seem to really care a lot about my car and my post. If you do want to get into a pissing contest, I have raced cars professionally, overseas, in the US everything from street cars, to prepared cars to forumla cars and karts, so i would guess I have a little more knowledge about track cars then most on here.
REALLY??! What series? Paying to run in a series doesnt mean a damn thing. Anyone with enough money can run ALMS that doesnt mean they should be there.

Why you turned into a jackass and decided to ruin my for sale thread I do not know. You need to get a life, take your show car 944 and get the **** out of my for sale thread *******. If you are ever in the area, bring your "highly" modded 944 turbo to any local track, get your *** handed to you by my "stockish" 944 turbo and then shut your mouth.
Gladly, I'll be sure to PM you when I'm out there. Show car? That's funny!

First off buddy, you seem to really care a lot about my car and my post.
Just making sure someone doesnt get screwed.

Btw, I **** on your thread because you seem to think you're cutting people a deal on a car that's got some mild prepwork which you, the owner, dont even seem to know the details on. I'd put the value closer to 12-13k, not the 24-34k you seem to think the car is valued at.

Fischer Motors in Barrington, IL and have a talk with them. I am sure he will make you understand that you are incorrect.
Says the guy who blew his motor, took it to his shop, and then threatened to sue them after they rebuilt it without his knowledge aparently?

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...8&page=1&pp=15

Hell, you sounded like you didnt know what you were talking about then, and you still dont. So the bill is 14k now? Why was it 12k then?

Last edited by MPD47; 05-07-2006 at 04:40 PM.
Old 05-07-2006 | 05:19 PM
|
REALLY??! What series? Paying to run in a series doesnt mean a damn thing. Anyone with enough money can run ALMS that doesnt mean they should be there.

Gladly, I'll be sure to PM you when I'm out there. Show car? That's funny!

Just making sure someone doesnt get screwed.

Btw, I **** on your thread because you seem to think you're cutting people a deal on a car that's got some mild prepwork which you, the owner, dont even seem to know the details on. I'd put the value closer to 12-13k, not the 24-34k you seem to think the car is valued at.

Says the guy who blew his motor, took it to his shop, and then threatened to sue them after they rebuilt it without his knowledge aparently?

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...8&page=1&pp=15

Hell, you sounded like you didnt know what you were talking about then, and you still dont. So the bill is 14k now? Why was it 12k then?
Yeah my shop put the motor back together without my 100% knowledge, but we settled that in a good manner considering my family and I have spent over 50k at his shop. It takes nothing away from the fact that he has set up more winning PCA cars then just about any shop in the area. The car is set up by one of the best P-car mechanics in the midwest. If you were familiar with anyone in the chicago area and asked them about the shop you would be very familar that the work done is top notch.

The motor has come out to 14k because we did not know about the accumsump which I have just had done and the BILL is 14k, remember I had the bumpers recently resprayed as well. So do not attempt to catch me in a lie because from the time that thread at rennlist was made until this moment I have added more things to the car, oh not to mention the new guages I had installed as well.

If you think this car is worth 12-13k you are smoking something crazy. You obviously know NOTHING about the values of these cars. I have had offers over 17k which I have REJECTED. so it is obvious that there are people out there who think this car is priced right. This was not one offer, but 3 seperate ones. I have about 4 or 5 emails a day about the car and will sell it for about what it is listed at. So if you have no interest in buying my car it would be nice if you stopped posting in my thread because you are a jackass.

Third, I never paid to run overseas, I was invited to run because I was fast. I guess since again you do not know me, you are taking the liberty to run your mouth without knowing what you are talking about. If you were familar with the area you would know that I not only have a good rep, but that everyone knows I am very quick in everything I drive. Also I have sold two other track cars, two track prepped BMWs and the owners were VERY happy with the cars. I can put anyone who wants to purchase this car in contact with them so they can understand that they are not getting a raw deal. I have been around more p-cars in my time then you probably ever will. I have tracked more race cars then you have probably ever seen and I am not going to sit here and give two ****s about what you have to say. If you do not want my car then do not buy it. You seem to bother yourself quite a bit about my car, obviously you have nothing better to do with your life.

Also no one is getting a bad deal. The car has 3 times the money into it that I am selling it for. I have ever receit for everything done to the car and whoever buys the car will have the piece of mind that they have a well prepared track car that will be reliable. Also a lot of people do not want to spend 14-15k on a stock car and then spend another 10-15k getting it track prepared, this is a good deal for someone like that. I am in no rush, so when i get 19k I will let you know and you can shove your bs up your *** jackass.

BTW anytime you are in the area call me, send me a PM, email me. I will humor your little race. We can videotape it and post it up here on 6speed so I can prove your *** wrong. Keep talking ****...hopefully I do not cross paths with you in the car world sometime....it will catch up to you

Old 05-07-2006 | 05:29 PM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
^you boys crack me up

Christian

Old 05-07-2006 | 05:35 PM
Only 5SPEED
You obviously know NOTHING about the values of these cars. I have had offers over 17k which I have REJECTED.
You're obviously a fool for rejecting 17k.

I was invited to run because I was fast. I guess since again you do not know me, you are taking the liberty to run your mouth without knowing what you are talking about
No doubt, you may be fast, I never said you werent.

BTW anytime you are in the area call me, send me a PM, email me. I will humor your little race. We can videotape it and post it up here on 6speed so I can prove your *** wrong. Keep talking ****...hopefully I do not cross paths with you in the car world sometime....it will catch up to you
Empty threats, blah blah blah. Btw you challanged me, I generally dont race fools with large ego's. But sure, I'll PM you if I end up near Chicago this summer.

Btw, I'm still waiting on what race series, what clutch, and the details on the cage. You didnt answer any of my valid questions about the car. Instead you just resorted to childish insults, really showing your age here.

Old 05-07-2006 | 05:52 PM
|
You're obviously a fool for rejecting 17k.

No doubt, you may be fast, I never said you werent.

Empty threats, blah blah blah. Btw you challanged me, I generally dont race fools with large ego's. But sure, I'll PM you if I end up near Chicago this summer.

Btw, I'm still waiting on what race series, what clutch, and the details on the cage. You didnt answer any of my valid questions about the car. Instead you just resorted to childish insults, really showing your age here.
Cage was built by Fischer motors, again I could not tell you what exactly it entails because I personally am not very mechanically inclined. They have built hundreds of race cars and therefore I trust them with my life. The clutch again they installed and I leave everything to their discretion but to make you happy I will call him when he opens monday morning and get you the details. This car can only run in a PCA/NASA series because it is not set up for anything else. As far as me, I have done events overseas with mideast karting associations. I have also done WKA events, FIA karting events, will race in a Monaco Grandprix enduro karting race this year as well. Came very close to getting sponsership to run both Zetec and FranAM but came short each time because the US companies are not very big on sponsering racings and I do not have enough money to fund a full season by myself. I have tested for formula ford/mazda teams but again come up short with funding each time. I am not some kid just pissing BS info away at you about my driving. People who are my close friends and track mates know I have quite a bit of knowledge. So I do have track experience but very little mechanical experience and that is why a lot of what I list has little mechanical information. My mechanics set the cars up and I drive them...thats how it is. I do not have the time to learn how to work on the car myself so I would rather trust my life to someone who knows what he is doing and I can assure you that they know what they are doing.

Old 05-08-2006 | 12:39 AM
Sheynk has a reputation beyond reputeSheynk has a reputation beyond reputeSheynk has a reputation beyond reputeSheynk has a reputation beyond reputeSheynk has a reputation beyond reputeSheynk has a reputation beyond reputeSheynk has a reputation beyond reputeSheynk has a reputation beyond reputeSheynk has a reputation beyond reputeSheynk has a reputation beyond reputeSheynk has a reputation beyond repute
there is only one way to resolve this

http://www.googlefight.com/index.php...er&word2=MPD47

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 89 944 Turbo S For sale!