Location (State):

Item Condition:

FS: '94 Mazda Rx-7 w/ Ls1/T56 Conversion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 10:25 AM
canadaisintexas is infamous around these parts
FS: '94 Mazda Rx-7 w/ Ls1/T56 Conversion

Im posting this for a friend as he has run in to some personal problems and needs some money. I will vouch for him that this is not a scam, that he will be honest with you and that he is a great guy.

$25,000 OBO
Car is in California but will sell to other places

This would make an excellent track car or Daily Driver
VIN: JM1FD333XR0303385
1994 Mazda RX7 Touring Model– 76000 miles on the car
2002 LS1/T56 Drivetrain – 45000 miles

The setup has less than 30 miles on it since being installed.

It is a 94 RX-7 so therefore all of the interior issues that the 93's had were fixed before the 94's were built.

This car with a stock ls1 should be good for high 12's in the 1/4 mile. This car should be capable of at least 11's and cars with similar setups have run 10's in the 1/4 many a time. As a auto-x or road race car the ls1 Rx7 is competetive against GT3's and C6 Z06's etc.

Also ls1's are very inexpensive to make good power. Add some heads to this car and you will probably see 500 RWHP.

"The car itself is one of the cleanest FDs around. I was very picky when I looked around for an FD for the project as I wanted the cleanest car possible. I found one halfway across the country in Texas, and when as soon as I got it home I used Zaino polish products to get the best out of the original paint; the paint is in great shape, surprisingly for a 12 year on car, there nothing wrong with the whole car. The car has never been in an accident; carfax clean.
The interior has no tears or scratches, no fading in the dashboard, sunroof works flawlessly.

The car runs great. At high speeds (no more than 80mph has been tested), there are no vibrations. The cooling system on the car works excellent, as the engine never reaches temps over 190*F.

I have spent well over $25,000 on the whole project, no including the countless hours in the garage to get it done.

I have tallied up what I spent on the car below. All parts are brand new except the ls1 pullout.

Hinson Mounting Kit with alum driveshaft 1600

LS1 Pullout 4700

Engine Mods
Trex Cam 389
PRC Valvesprings 260
PRC Pushrods 110
Camshaft install Bolts and gaskets 45
Motor Mounts 50
Spark Plugs & Wire 70
Hinson Cooling 600
Hinson Hydraulic Kit 120
Fuel System (Russell –6AN lines fittings and fuel filter, Walbro pump, Aeromotive FRP) 550
Ported Oil Pump 120
ASP Pulley Kit 240
Ported TB 80
JTR Intake Kit 150
Harland Sharp 1.7 Rockers 379
160* Thermostat 50

Exhaust
JTR Longtubes 900
Y pipe 50
Magnaflow Catalytic Converter 80
QTP Electric Cutout 200
Fabrication of exhaust system 150

Drivetrain
Pro 5.0 Shifter 180
Short Stick 30
Cobra shift **** 50
Textralia clutch with 8 lb.Roselock alumin. flywheel 1050

Electrical
HP Tuners (1bar speed density and EIO) 750
Innovative LC1 w/gauge 360
pc680 battery 100
Defi Gauges located in the radio location (water, oil pressure)300
Dakota Digital 75

I should also add that ALL the bushings on the car are brand new. I recently installed EBC Green brake pads in the rear; I haven’t installed the front ones, but they’ll be included as well. As you can see, I used nothing but the best parts for the car.

That's not including the little things needed to get the car on the road. If you've done an ls1 swap you know what I mean.

The car is tuned conservatively. Full throttle will need to be leaned out to get the most power out of it, but that’s only a few keystrokes away with the Hptuners program that comes with the car.

Oil pressure is good, no less than 45 psi on idle.

The car has no AC and power steering but the parts needed to put them on will be included with the car.

I probably missed a few things here and there, but you get the idea.

The setup on the car has been proven to make at least 425 rwhp. I never had the chance to dyno the car, but it should put up great numbers.

I have the title in hand.

If you have any questions, give me a call at (661)586-1490
No joyrides please. "

Old 04-24-2006, 12:38 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
Wow, clean car! Reminds me of my own white FD. W the LS1, this drivetrain will last forever. GL on the sale. Make sure you get an ad on rx7forum.com.

Old 04-24-2006, 02:57 PM
Yeah, i wanted to buy it myself but my dad couldnt justify me having 3 cars to my mother. So im trying to help my friend out by advertising it on here. I figured someone on here would like a cheap (relatively of course) track car or DD with some amazing potential.

Rob

Old 04-24-2006, 07:31 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
How do you like your LS1 FD? How does it drive differently than rotary? b

Old 04-24-2006, 09:37 PM
LS1 Fd's feel exactly the same as the rotary in terms of handling (the all aluminum ls1 weighs only 25lbs in full trim than a full trim 13b-rew (the rotary motor stock in rx7's) so weight balance and handling are essentially uneffected. Bump steer is also solved with Hinson Supercars bump steer kit that comes with their cradle.

The only issue is getting enough traction with all the power. But you can add some fender flares and run tires up to 13 or 14" in width which helps out with that.

Old 04-25-2006, 02:45 AM
Thanks for the write up. That's very nice to know how little LS1 weighs. I had no idea it's that light. TT Rotary was very finicky IMO. I had either rough idle or smog issues even when it was running with BPU only. LS1 probly cured all those issues. GL on the sale. I wish I have the garage space for it.

Old 04-25-2006, 10:17 AM
Yeah, the rotary 7 is not a car you want to own if you like to hang on to your money :-p

The car is in Delano, CA. which is in the central valley just 30 miles north of Bakersfield. If anyone needs to get a hold of the seller to ask some questions or schedule to look/drive the car you can reach him at 661 586 1490. His name is Richard.

For all you CA guys, this car can quite easily be made CA smog legal. Several guys have succeded in this and if you buy the car i can put you in touch with a few guys that can help you out in getting this car smog/ref. legal.