Location (State):

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

I'm having a garage sale of 996TT goodies!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 07:36 PM
RennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sy996tt
looking at some of the pictures, i swear they had brembo stamped into the caliper?

http://www.scottsdaleexoticcarclub.c...s/IMG_1228.jpg

ahh!! luis959 just explained to to me the brembo has them stamped on the stock ones!!
Since when the rear rotors on a stock 996TT 13"

Old 08-29-2006, 08:02 PM
sy996tt is infamous around these partssy996tt is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by RennTechV12
Since when the rear rotors on a stock 996TT 13"
Just from my eye, they dont look like the stock ones on my car...

Old 08-29-2006, 10:00 PM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
hehe.. i saw those on ebay =P

Old 08-30-2006, 03:18 AM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
This is a genuine rear GTR caliper:

Compared with this:

Old 08-30-2006, 06:37 PM
RennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by KPV
This is a genuine rear GTR caliper:

Compared with this:
I'm surprised that since you have taken it upon yourself to be the 6speed "Researcher", that you failed to take the 2 seconds to "research" my original post that said the fronts were GTRs not the rears. GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT BEFORE YOU START CALLING ME A LIAR

Old 08-30-2006, 07:13 PM
vipertestarossa is a jewel in the roughvipertestarossa is a jewel in the roughvipertestarossa is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by RennTechV12
I'm surprised that since you have taken it upon yourself to be the 6speed "Researcher", that you failed to take the 2 seconds to "research" my original post that said the fronts were GTRs not the rears. GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT BEFORE YOU START CALLING ME A LIAR
WOW! I really do not think KPV was calling you out as a "LIAR"
He was merely stating that the kit was not in fact a genuine GTR rear kit (the ad appeared to be a full GTR kit for sale especially for 16K originally)
KPV is not the type to bash anyone...he is a very stand up guy and I just feel he did not want someone who was not aware of the non-GTR setup to be mislead

Peace!

Last edited by vipertestarossa; 08-30-2006 at 07:15 PM.
Old 08-30-2006, 07:17 PM
Originally Posted by vipertestarossa
WOW! I really do not think KPV was calling you out as a "LIAR"
He was merely stating that the kit was not in fact a genuine GTR rear kit which is how the ad appeared to be
KPV is not the type to bash anyone...he is a very stand up guy and I just feel he did not want someone who was not aware of the non-GTR setup to be mislead

Peace!
Do you not think that if he truly had good intentions, that he would have PM'd me and told me that he believed there was an error in the listing and I should change it, instead of reviving an old thread and calling me a liar in the public forums (Which he did do by not even addressing me about the listing, but by making a 6SPEEDERS BEWARE post)? I don't know, if it was me, I would have gone the first route, but I guess I just have respect for people like that

Last edited by RennTechV12; 08-30-2006 at 07:22 PM.
Old 08-30-2006, 07:30 PM
vipertestarossa is a jewel in the roughvipertestarossa is a jewel in the roughvipertestarossa is a jewel in the rough
again I am sure all he had were good intentions
there was alot of interest shown in these brakes and he felt compelled to make sure buyers knew what they were contemplating purchasing...thats it in a nutshell, not a personal bashing

Old 08-30-2006, 07:47 PM
Originally Posted by vipertestarossa
again I am sure all he had were good intentions
there was alot of interest shown in these brakes and he felt compelled to make sure buyers knew what they were contemplating purchasing...thats it in a nutshell, not a personal bashing
The road to hell is paved with good intensions. Even if what you say is true, there is a way to handle everything...and that's not it.

Old 08-30-2006, 08:43 PM
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future
KPV is one of the oldest and most respected members on here. I truly and whole-heartedly believe that he was not trying to disrespect you RennTechV12. I just re-read his first post in this thread and I do not see anywhere in there that he implied that you were a liar. He was just stating facts and making prospective buyers aware even though the kit had already been sold. This is a public forum and he has the right to post his comment in this thread. He was not obliged to PM you. You had not notified the board through this thread that they had been sold either so KPV was doing the right thing in my eye. He did not want someone to just skim through the post (though I doubt anyone would) and put the money down and when taking delivery to find out that it was not a full GTR kit.

RennTechV12, please do not take this as a flame. It definitely is not intended that way.

Last edited by Phoenix; 08-30-2006 at 08:45 PM.