Location (State):

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

My Anzianos WideBody 996 is relisted at $1 and NO RESERVE-Courage or Stupidity?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 02:24 PM
tomf-1 is infamous around these parts
My Anzianos WideBody 996 is relisted at $1 and NO RESERVE-Courage or Stupidity?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MESC%3AIT&rd=1

Here she is again....It didn't quite meet the reserve 1st time so this time, the LAST TIME, I am doing the unthinkable of starting the auction for my $70k car at $1 with NO RESERVE. Auction is scheduled to start at 10pm Central time tonight and the Item# is 190033585207

During the first listing, the auction had over 20 bids, +30 prospects on the watch list and +3500 hits on the counter. I also received a lot of interests, inquiries and some offers from individuals as well as dealerships around the country (one was from a dealership in FL where it was originally sold for $148k). However, the best offer from a dealership was in the low $50k.

Given the car highly publicized profile and the active participation level in the original listing, my hope is market will do an effective job of price discovery; hence, the risk of giving it away is low. What do you think?

Old 09-21-2006, 02:50 PM
Ken
Ken is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the rough
It will be interesting to see what happens. Having a highly modified turbo, I can tell you that, IMHO, the market doesn't seem to ever give anything for the modifications.

I'll watch this one with interest.

Good luck with the sale.

Old 09-21-2006, 04:30 PM
Bruinbro is a jewel in the roughBruinbro is a jewel in the roughBruinbro is a jewel in the rough
I'll buy it for $2; you can double your asking price. PM me where you want the money sent.

Bro

ETA: Seriously, I would snap that up in a heartbeat if I hadn't just bought some property. Nice ride.

Old 09-21-2006, 05:13 PM
Originally Posted by Ken
I'll watch this one with interest.

Good luck with the sale.
for heaven sake, with or without interest, don't just watch it ....bid it up to at least $2.

Old 09-21-2006, 08:14 PM
djmrsulu is a splendid one to beholddjmrsulu is a splendid one to beholddjmrsulu is a splendid one to beholddjmrsulu is a splendid one to beholddjmrsulu is a splendid one to beholddjmrsulu is a splendid one to beholddjmrsulu is a splendid one to behold
Linky no worky

Was the listing pulled, or is the link incorrect?

Old 09-21-2006, 08:29 PM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by djmrsulu
Was the listing pulled, or is the link incorrect?
"Auction is scheduled to start at 10pm Central time tonight and the Item# is 190033585207"

-Eli

Old 09-21-2006, 08:33 PM
djmrsulu is a splendid one to beholddjmrsulu is a splendid one to beholddjmrsulu is a splendid one to beholddjmrsulu is a splendid one to beholddjmrsulu is a splendid one to beholddjmrsulu is a splendid one to beholddjmrsulu is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by FastForwardwheels
"Auction is scheduled to start at 10pm Central time tonight and the Item# is 190033585207"

-Eli

Doh! I knew I shouldn't have cut those RIF (Reading Is Fundamental) classes......

Old 09-21-2006, 11:35 PM
GHOSTRIDER-TT is infamous around these partsGHOSTRIDER-TT is infamous around these parts
Not how I would list it, but I hope it goes well for you.

Old 09-22-2006, 12:30 AM
exoticalex has a spectacular aura aboutexoticalex has a spectacular aura about
Taking a bit of a risk there, but I think you will do just fine in the end! Good luck with the sale

Old 09-22-2006, 12:37 AM
TKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really nice
Good luck! Why didn't you strike a deal with the highest bidder from the last auction?

Old 09-22-2006, 07:37 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
alright, i'm the current high bidder

Old 09-22-2006, 07:39 AM
Originally Posted by TKDalumni
Good luck! Why didn't you strike a deal with the highest bidder from the last auction?
it was a dealership offerring in the low 50's. i didn't counter. this one of a kind, absolutely gorgeous and practically brand new car is it's worth a lot more than that; therein lies my decision to let the market decides.

i figure if it goes for less than my Buy It Now, my preference is for it to go to an individual. thank you for the well wishes.

Old 09-22-2006, 11:13 AM
Old 09-22-2006, 11:25 AM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Great looking car.Cleve listed his modified GT2 with no reserve as well. He was asking for $170K last year.

Old 09-22-2006, 12:02 PM
Originally Posted by vincentdds
Great looking car.Cleve listed his modified GT2 with no reserve as well. He was asking for $170K last year.
i don't know Cleve and i am almost too afraid to ask but w/ morbid curiosity, his auction didn't end at $17k, did it?

thank you for your accolade....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My Anzianos WideBody 996 is relisted at $1 and NO RESERVE-Courage or Stupidity?