Item Condition:

HELP!! Stolen 2003 RENNTECH S600

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 01:54 PM
atlshaver has a spectacular aura aboutatlshaver has a spectacular aura about
Bump for an update??

Old 01-10-2007, 09:42 PM
Most-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond repute
I am sorry to hear no one will help you. It is ridiculous to think someone can take your car like that and the Police won't even file a report. They must be too busy giving 17 yo kids exhaust tickets.

Old 01-11-2007, 02:11 AM
Rogerv is infamous around these parts
Update:

UPDATE:

I spent some time on the phone with the DMV and Police this morning,
They had me fill out a "Record of Complaint" form at
http://www.dmv.ca.gov/forms/inv/inv172a.pdf
and mail it into the DMV.
This form seems to be used for people to complain about minor missdeeds by car dealerships. It clearly states that they do NOT investigate all complaints, which I interpreted to mean they wont do much of anything.
I also provided my lawyer with all the information and asked him what he thinks I should do. I will keep everyone posted as things develop.

Old 01-11-2007, 02:15 AM
shiznut123 is infamous around these parts
I'll be in the east bay (Berkeley/North Oakland) for school, I'll let you know if I see it around, I hope everything works out for you!

Old 01-11-2007, 11:30 AM
SPEED RACER is infamous around these parts
Our car might have been lien saled in order to reg it in the new owners name.

Old 01-11-2007, 01:59 PM
dbf73 has a reputation beyond reputedbf73 has a reputation beyond reputedbf73 has a reputation beyond reputedbf73 has a reputation beyond reputedbf73 has a reputation beyond reputedbf73 has a reputation beyond reputedbf73 has a reputation beyond reputedbf73 has a reputation beyond reputedbf73 has a reputation beyond reputedbf73 has a reputation beyond reputedbf73 has a reputation beyond repute
yes - what did the DMV say about why/how it had been reregistered/titled?

Old 01-11-2007, 02:29 PM
FLpaindoc is a jewel in the roughFLpaindoc is a jewel in the roughFLpaindoc is a jewel in the rough
Can't trust anybody, just want to see how this ends...

Old 01-14-2007, 12:30 PM
Any updates?

Old 01-15-2007, 03:42 AM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
I saw a report on the news the other day that showed close to 20 cars in a shipping container that supposedly was "clothing" as foreign aid going overseas. I hope I'm wrong, but it wouldn't surprise me if your car suffered a similar fate. Good luck and please keep us informed.

Old 01-18-2007, 01:55 AM
Rogerv is infamous around these parts
Update

Another Update:

This morning my friend went to the Santa Clara DMV with my pinkslip in hand.
He explained to the person at the DMV exactly what was going on.
My friend said:

he looked up the holder of title. I had him do this twice and on the second time he let me see the print out (which he could not legally give to me). You are the holder of the title. I saw your name on the print out along with your address and the vin #'s matched. I asked him if anything looked suspicious, if he could flag anything and if he was familiar with car fax. He said "no" to everything and as far as he could tell nothing looked out of the norm ....

According to the CA DMV, the car has not changed owners. It is still in my name. Does anyone have any idea why carfax would be reporting something different?

So if the car is still in my name with the DMV, and I still have the pinkslip etc etc, does anyone have any ideas on how I can physically locate the car? Are there any Telleaid employees on this board who can help me out?

Old 01-18-2007, 02:31 AM
Chasen1211 is a jewel in the roughChasen1211 is a jewel in the roughChasen1211 is a jewel in the rough
I'm really sorry for something like this could happen to you...just can't believe telleaid won't/can't do anything to help, even if it's your car...

Old 01-18-2007, 11:17 AM
alex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond repute
So this is not insured anymore? can you reort it stolen and claim it?

btw , I think I saw it sometime last year, prob same time as Sharky..

Old 01-18-2007, 11:22 AM
stanm5 is infamous around these parts
Roger this is a bad story and I hope it works out and you get the car back.

In my opinion you've done as much as you can do on your own. I think you should contact a laywer asap and have him/her write a letter to MB demanding they provide the coordiantes of the vehicle.

Good luck.

Stan

Old 01-18-2007, 03:05 PM
I am assuming a dealer is unable to exert any influence over retrieving the location?

Old 01-19-2007, 12:05 AM
ForcedInduction is infamous around these partsForcedInduction is infamous around these partsForcedInduction is infamous around these partsForcedInduction is infamous around these partsForcedInduction is infamous around these partsForcedInduction is infamous around these partsForcedInduction is infamous around these parts
What a load of CRAP!
You pay several hundred bucks a year for Teleaid service and the bastards won't even help you locate your stolen car.
Good luck with your search.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: HELP!! Stolen 2003 RENNTECH S600