Item Condition:

HELP!! Stolen 2003 RENNTECH S600

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 10:12 PM
Rogerv is infamous around these parts
HELP!! Stolen 2003 RENNTECH S600

Please help me,

About 8 months ago I moved from San Jose California to Tokyo.
Before I moved I put my 2003 S600 Renntech (Ben Treynor's old car) on consignment with http://gt-imports.com/

While I was in Tokyo the owner of GT Imports proceeded to use my car as his own daily driver and put about 15K miles on my car. Around December 1st 2006, the owner of GT-Imports split with about 20 different people's cars that he had on consignment. The police came, cut the chain on the lot and let the people who were lucky enough to still have their cars on the lot, drive them home.
Unfortunately my car was not on his lot. I filed a police report along with more than a dozen other people, unfortunately the San Jose Police department is saying that it is Auto Fraud, not Auto Theft because he paid me for part of the car. (less than half) This means that the police are unwilling to do anything, however they did tell me that the car is still in my name with the DMV and it has not been sold to any one else, so if I see the car parked somewhere and no one is around it, I am free to get in it and drive away. I still have the Pink Slip and key, I just need to know physically where my car is so I can pick it up.
Mercedes Benz Teleaid won't tell me where the car is unless it has been reported stolen, and the police wont report it stolen for me.

The theif also must have some sort of automated software program reposting all the cars on his lot on craigs list:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/search/c...y=gt%20imports

He used to live in Santana Row, when I showed up at the leasing office looking for him, they said I was the third person to come by saying that he owed them money. All his stuff had been moved out of his place, but he still had multiple months left on the lease.

Can any one help?
The Vin# is WDBNG76J13A345951

If you see my car please call Andy at 408-313-1853
or email me at roger at memorydealers.com

Old 01-03-2007, 10:17 PM
BOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to behold
oh man, really really sorry to hear that buddy....i wish you the best of luck in finding it. How about hiring a PI if you have not already done so. I am surprised they will not call it stolen that way you can at least have MB cooperate in locating the car for you. I search FS ads all the time and if i see anything pop up I will let you know. once again sorry to hear and good luck

Old 01-03-2007, 10:27 PM
super996TT is infamous around these parts
This really sucks; I wish I could help

Old 01-03-2007, 10:30 PM
Alex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant future
Mana?

Seriously, sorry to hear about this. I hope the bastard is caught and you get your car back. Good luck.

Old 01-03-2007, 10:36 PM
MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !
WTF? I can't understand how MB won't tell you where it is if it's on their system? If it's still titled in your name? I guarantee you that if I called up MB and told them my daughter was out in my Benz and I wanted to know where it was, they would tell me - no police report, no stolen car, no nothing. Just tell 'em you had a wild New Year's and can't remember where you left it. That's BS . . .

Old 01-03-2007, 10:41 PM
Angry

Originally Posted by MexicoBlue
WTF? I can't understand how MB won't tell you where it is if it's on their system? If it's still titled in your name? I guarantee you that if I called up MB and told them my daughter was out in my Benz and I wanted to know where it was, they would tell me - no police report, no stolen car, no nothing. Just tell 'em you had a wild New Year's and can't remember where you left it. That's BS . . .
I tried telling them that

A. If the car is stolen, you need to tell me where it is so I can find it.

B. If the car is not stolen, then it is still my car and I just need some help finding where I put it.

The girl at the Smyth European front desk was super super super helpful and tried very very very hard to help me. Unfortunately telleaid tried to pass the buck and said it would be against the law for them to tell me where my own car is if it has not been reported stolen.

Old 01-03-2007, 10:47 PM
Jimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud of
Roger,

I will check into the VIN tomorrow at work. Report this to Police, etc. Now I will also try and make a call to Teleaid and see "Legally" if there is anything they can do to help you. I would assume proper documentation should be able to get you your information; license, registration, insurance, etc.

Jim

Old 01-03-2007, 10:48 PM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
If the guy is posting the car for sale can you not contact him as a buyer and show up and get the car?

Christian

Old 01-03-2007, 10:49 PM
MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !
Nice of you to offer Jim. I realize they have rules to follow, but my experience with MB and TeleAid has always been outstanding.

Old 01-03-2007, 10:50 PM
Jimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud of
BTW, I emailed them, and "a salesperson will contact you." I tryed to set up an appointment to take a look at the car. Since I am in IL, I can relay the information to you as to when/where.

Old 01-03-2007, 10:52 PM
Originally Posted by MexicoBlue
Nice of you to offer Jim. I realize they have rules to follow, but my experience with MB and TeleAid has always been outstanding.
I will do what I can, but no guarantees. I get things like this all the time, especially with banks and what not, trying to locate a customer. With the new privacy laws, you are very limited as to what you are legally able to do. Now if someone comes in and I make no verbal contact besides my head moving side to side or up and down...

Old 01-03-2007, 11:25 PM
mkell has a spectacular aura aboutmkell has a spectacular aura aboutmkell has a spectacular aura about
Damn, I'm sorry to hear man! I remember when you were selling the car (I think it was yours? Did you post it on mbworld?). Anyways, best of luck in getting your car back. It sickens me how scum bags do **** like this! Hopefully Jim will have some leads an you will get it back in shape!

Old 01-03-2007, 11:46 PM
SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !
Roger, my daughter and son live in San Jose, Willow Glen. If you have a license plate number or a Vin, let me know by P.M... They hang out on Santa Row all the time.. We can keep an eye out for you.. Regards, Kenny

Old 01-03-2007, 11:48 PM
Originally Posted by SmoothCab
Roger, my daughter and son live in San Jose, Willow Glen. If you have a license plate number or a Vin, let me know by P.M... They hang out on Santa Row all the time.. We can keep an eye out for you.. Regards, Kenny
The VIN is listed in the first post, and the license plate was taken off by Roger before the car was put on the lot for consignment.

My best guess is it will be rolling around with a dealer plate, so if anyone has done business with the dealer, and knows their PLATE Number, that might be informative.

Old 01-03-2007, 11:49 PM
Originally Posted by mkell
Damn, I'm sorry to hear man! I remember when you were selling the car (I think it was yours? Did you post it on mbworld?). Anyways, best of luck in getting your car back. It sickens me how scum bags do **** like this! Hopefully Jim will have some leads an you will get it back in shape!
Yes, that was me who posted it on MB world earlier last year:
http://www.mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=141333

There are not to many like that driving around town, in fact, I think it is the only one. So if anyone sees it please call or email me!

Thank you all.

Roger Ver

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: HELP!! Stolen 2003 RENNTECH S600