Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

***** 2001 DINAN S2 M5 for sale *****

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 04:06 AM
Former Vendor
AutoTalent is just really niceAutoTalent is just really niceAutoTalent is just really niceAutoTalent is just really niceAutoTalent is just really nice
amazing deal on a great looking car

Old 02-14-2007, 02:59 PM
Broadway Performance is infamous around these parts
Steal of a deal!

Old 02-14-2007, 09:00 PM
wilbur760 is infamous around these parts
man that was kinda fast Sandy but I guess I understand!

sweet car, wish I could step up!!

Old 02-14-2007, 10:49 PM
RobbieX50 is infamous around these parts
Great deal on a beautiful car.

IMHO the e39 is the last great "drivers" M5 and the S2 package takes it to a whole new level of performance. GL on the sale.

Old 02-15-2007, 12:12 PM
Banned
Benjamin Choi is infamous around these parts
i don't know, the m5 wasn't a great "driver" car to me. it just flat out weights too much and the steering isn't anything special.

still love it for what it is don't get me wrong here

Old 02-15-2007, 12:34 PM
Originally Posted by Benjamin Choi
i don't know, the m5 wasn't a great "driver" car to me. it just flat out weights too much and the steering isn't anything special.

My comment was based on comparing it to the current e60 M5, which in my opinion has strayed away from the M-series roots. I have driven both quite a bit and the e39 M5 is a lot more fun and engaging to drive than the e60.

Old 02-15-2007, 01:09 PM
RM5
RM5 is infamous around these parts

The e39 M5 is much better than the e60. better looking inside and out drives great for a 4 door sedan can't compare it to a porsche apples and oranges. also the steering is much better in sport mode.

Old 02-15-2007, 06:54 PM
Banned
other than looks which i actually do like the E39 better than the E60, how is it better when the E60 flat out smokes it in every performance category?

Old 02-15-2007, 07:27 PM
Ag Surfer is infamous around these parts
other than looks which i actually do like the E39 better than the E60, how is it better when the E60 flat out smokes it in every performance category?
I like the E39 M5 motor's torque curve much better than the E60's. I've driven both and the it's like comparing, for lack of a better analogy, a big block V8 to a honda Vtec motor. Both are great in the right environment, but for around town driving and tight canyons (which are my favorite), the low end torque of the S62 beats the E60 M5's motor any day of the week. On the track, it may be a different story. Don't get me wrong, the E60 M5 is great (drove one for about half an hour on Sunset) but it lacks the punch down low. You really have to wind up the motor to feel it.

Old 02-15-2007, 08:56 PM
Banned
hey ag i respect and acknowledge what you're saying but i'm more of a bike engine on a car feel kinda guy than a corvette truck like torquey from a pull kinda guy kinda like why i like the gt3 more than the turbo model.

either way, the e60 will be watching the e39 become a small blip fast the way that sucker just builds power all the way up to the beautiful high redline. i don't particularly get any thrills by pulling up tree stumps on around town driving. i like being at 6k+ taking turns and knowing that the engine is spinning around at special speeds and making higher pitched f1 stylish noises.

again, not trying to critique the car for sale here - i freakin' love it but we're all pretending by saying the E39 is the better driver's car. that's complete bs. a good driver likes a car that goes fast and the E60 annihilates the E39 M5 around any sort of track.

Old 02-15-2007, 11:32 PM
hey ag i respect and acknowledge what you're saying but i'm more of a bike engine on a car feel kinda guy than a corvette truck like torquey from a pull kinda guy kinda like why i like the gt3 more than the turbo model.

either way, the e60 will be watching the e39 become a small blip fast the way that sucker just builds power all the way up to the beautiful high redline. i don't particularly get any thrills by pulling up tree stumps on around town driving. i like being at 6k+ taking turns and knowing that the engine is spinning around at special speeds and making higher pitched f1 stylish noises.

again, not trying to critique the car for sale here - i freakin' love it but we're all pretending by saying the E39 is the better driver's car. that's complete bs. a good driver likes a car that goes fast and the E60 annihilates the E39 M5 around any sort of track.
I think you have taken this out of context. A quicker lap time or quarter mile timeslip does not make the faster car a better driver's car. They are not always synonymous.

Cerberus, you have an awesome M5 and someone will be getting a very special car. Good luck!

Old 02-16-2007, 06:16 PM
alexskee is infamous around these parts
car looks great. Good luck with the sale.

Old 02-18-2007, 05:44 PM
chekuen is infamous around these parts
Car

What Is The Bottom Line Price....

Im Very Interested....

Old 02-18-2007, 07:15 PM
M5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by RobbieX50
I think you have taken this out of context. A quicker lap time or quarter mile timeslip does not make the faster car a better driver's car. They are not always synonymous.

Cerberus, you have an awesome M5 and someone will be getting a very special car. Good luck!
Yep, driver involvement and how pure the driving experience is are major aspects of it. The 6speed transmission and limited electronics of the E39 M5 give it the edge, I think. On a track, freeway, whatever, the E60 would smoke it, ofcourse.

Old 02-18-2007, 09:49 PM
jrloM3 is infamous around these parts
... and that's how it should be right... the new version is greater than the old version. this is just the natural progression of things.

but if you ask me, my E39 M5... heck, ANY E39 M5 is better than any new E60 M5 any day of the week and twice on sunday!

Sandy, GL with the sale... she's a beauty for sure and should go quickly!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ***** 2001 DINAN S2 M5 for sale *****