Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Feeler: take over short term M5 lease?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 11:27 AM
SteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud of
Feeler: take over short term M5 lease?

With my Atom coming in the next couple weeks, I'm loosely considering getting rid of the M5. It seems sort of silly for a single guy that barely drives anywhere to have 3 cars.

The lease expires in January 08. The car has less than 8k miles on it and it's a 24k mile lease so there's a lot of driving left. Sticker was about 95k. It has almost every option except the ventilated seats. I got a super high residual and super low money factor so the lease is insanely good. Payment is just over $1600/month including tax.

I powdercoated the stock wheels black, tinted the windows dark, and had an auxilliary jack installed to connect an iPod. Other that, it's stock. \

There is a bit of curb rash on the front passenger side wheel and a couple minor scratches from being used as a daily driver in LA for a year. Very very small stuff though, just careless valets.

I suppose I would sell the car too for whatever the buyout is, but I think the short term lease is really the smokin deal here. Part of me thinks there's no sense in getting rid of it with only 10 months left. Part of me thinks I may as well save 16k and give someone a great deal if I'm not going to use it much anyway.

Old 03-06-2007, 01:12 PM
Marc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really nice
Steve looks really mean! GL w sale

Old 03-06-2007, 01:13 PM
DrwVIP is infamous around these parts
Beautiful M5, I love the blacked out look!

Good Luck

Old 03-06-2007, 01:39 PM
M5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of light
Steve, really cool car, I do like it. I understand your thinking, however I bet there will be times what you'll want a comftorable sports sedan. Going to dinner or out at night, running errands when you don't want to use your Element. You know what I'm saying?

Old 03-06-2007, 01:41 PM
MGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to all
^ that's what the Phantom's for! (although I'm not sure if he still has that or not)

Old 03-06-2007, 01:56 PM
SteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by M5Kid
Steve, really cool car, I do like it. I understand your thinking, however I bet there will be times what you'll want a comftorable sports sedan. Going to dinner or out at night, running errands when you don't want to use your Element. You know what I'm saying?
yeah, i guess i'll probably keep it. but i'm definitely on the fence.

Old 03-06-2007, 02:11 PM
Mr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond repute
must stop clicking on this thread...

Old 03-06-2007, 03:13 PM
PeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud of
great looking M5 Steve. Good luck!

Old 03-06-2007, 03:22 PM
NoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant future
Damn I like that. Talk about a car looking like pure steroids.

This is my 69th post. Special no?

Last edited by NoRoom4Error; 03-06-2007 at 03:26 PM.
Old 03-06-2007, 03:25 PM
trovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nice
Originally Posted by Mr Kram
must stop clicking on this thread...
i think i just saw Mr. Kram written on the window!!

Old 03-06-2007, 03:31 PM
Dan98 has much to be proud ofDan98 has much to be proud ofDan98 has much to be proud ofDan98 has much to be proud ofDan98 has much to be proud ofDan98 has much to be proud ofDan98 has much to be proud ofDan98 has much to be proud ofDan98 has much to be proud ofDan98 has much to be proud of
get a shadow grill and keep it

Old 03-06-2007, 04:06 PM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
Good luck bud. Looks good.

Old 03-06-2007, 04:46 PM
yea the more i think about it the more this sounds like a stupid idea. I guess i'll see just how drivable the Atom is before making any major decisions.

Old 03-06-2007, 05:15 PM
HobbsE46 is infamous around these parts
amazing car!

Old 03-06-2007, 05:25 PM
M5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by SteveH
yea the more i think about it the more this sounds like a stupid idea. I guess i'll see just how drivable the Atom is before making any major decisions.
Yeah, I'm wondering how taking a girl to dinner in the Atom will be.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Feeler: take over short term M5 lease?