Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

'99 boxster with 3.4L swap and 29000 miles

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 02:31 PM
turbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to behold
'99 boxster with 3.4L swap and 29000 miles

Hello.

I will post picks later, but I have a car some here may be interested in. It doesn't have tons of mods like some of the others you have seen here. It is a stock silver with black interior Boxster with a 99 996 3.4l drive by wire swap. Engine has about the same mileage as the chassis. The swap was done at Mind Over Motorsports in San Diego. Stock wheels have a little curb rash on the rears. Most of its life has been inside, so the paint looks great.

I have in my head that I want $24k for the car, but I am negotiable.

Anyone interested in this?

Matt

Old 06-23-2007, 03:31 PM
Japanese Exotic ;)
Curtis@MD is a splendid one to beholdCurtis@MD is a splendid one to beholdCurtis@MD is a splendid one to beholdCurtis@MD is a splendid one to beholdCurtis@MD is a splendid one to beholdCurtis@MD is a splendid one to beholdCurtis@MD is a splendid one to behold
I vouch for Matt, this car is peppy as hell. Definately a fun sleeper!

Old 06-23-2007, 07:44 PM
wilbur760 is infamous around these parts
I am excited for the pics...what options does the car have?

Old 06-26-2007, 06:28 AM
Mpowered is infamous around these parts
i think picture attachments are broken. try hosting them somewhere like flickr.com

Old 06-27-2007, 11:32 PM
turbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to behold
ok. I tried flickr. Sorry for this taking so long. The amount of time it took for me to put up pictures does not signify my interest in selling it. Its very clean. But its very stock looking. after a closer inspection for pictures, here are in the imperfections worth mentioning:
there is 1 minor door ding on the drivers front qtr panel which you will see if I tell you where to look, but doesn't show up in pictures.
3 wheels are perfect, the passenger rear has some curb rash.
The bottom of the "B" in boxster is broken off the rear emblem like seems to happen on so many boxsters.
The shift boot looks worn. I'll replace it. - the rest of the interior shows very little wear.
There was a aftermarket CD/XM radio in dash player that was installed.

These are all minor things that can be fixed pretty quick. Some of these can be discussed if the buyer wants it "perfect".

When the 3.4L swap was done 9 mos ago, the car got a new factory clutch disk and a new aftermarket lightened single mass fly wheel.

The car lives in Irvine, but is in San Diego several days a week. If you want to see it, let me know. Anyone interested?

Last edited by turbomx5; 06-27-2007 at 11:43 PM.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:00 AM
wow. It may not be a super high end, or custom car, but absolutely, no interest?

Someone give me some feedback, is it the car, is it the price? or have I not posted enough info?

Old 06-28-2007, 09:22 AM
viper501 is infamous around these parts
I'd suggest some shots of the engine bay and the interior. Neat idea and car, just wrong time and coast for me.

Old 06-28-2007, 05:04 PM
john rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to behold
also....

You really DO want to give a more detailed description of the car and condition AND a lot of great images. Last, BUT certainly not least, since it is in good 'ol Cali you need to clarify the situation with smogging it. That last one is a deal breaker with a lot of swaps. Let us know?
JR