FS: 2001 996TT Orange/Flat Black...Blk Leather

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 11:40 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
jrgatfh has a spectacular aura aboutjrgatfh has a spectacular aura about
FS: 2001 996TT Orange/Flat Black...Blk Leather

Hey Guys,

As some of you know I bought this car from Martin (illm3) back in December of last year. I was so happy to get it, and never thought I would sell it. I ended u putting in a new clutch, and doing a complete color change on the car from Seal Grey to the same exact Orange found on the new 997GT3RS. The car was repainted by an amazing body shop who specialize in Porsches. During the color change of the car the doors, hood, trunk, glass, and motor were all off the car, all the rubber moldings were also removed. Everything was completely changed the the Porsche Factory color used on the new 997GT3RS. All the interior pieces were taken out also. This was a complete color change, done factory quality, using Spies Hecker which is the Porsche Factory paint brand. There are no tape lines or anything on the car and all the factory stickers have been put back on the car in their original places. Various interior pieces including the rear center console and newly installed DAS rollbar were also painted orange. The paint job came out amazing and I could not be happier. My reason for selling the car is that I really want to try and get into a 964 Turbo. I know the 996 is the superior car but there is something about the 964's that touches my soul. Below I will list a list of modifications, and some pictures. Im not sure how quickly im going to try to move this car but i'm definately serious. The car is a real attention grabber, I will try to post up more pictures when I get a chance. I'm looking to get $76k.

Pictures

*all the sticker are removeable these pictures were taken from a recent car show

-Techart Front Bumper
-9ff GT2 add-on wing (Carbon Fiber)
-19" Champion RG5's
-H+R suspension
-GT3 Front and Rear Sway Bars
-FVD Exhaust System
-FVD Programming
-Evolution Motorsports V-Flow Intake System
-1 bar waste gate springs
-B&M Short Shift Kit
-DAS Sport Rollbar
-Forged Diverter Valves
-Unorthodox Racing Light Weight Flywheel
-Spec Stage 3 Clutch
-Various Interior Upgrades
-Pioneer Avic-N3 (Navigation, DVD, MP3, Ipod, Rear view camera)
-Full MB Quartz speaker setup
-Alpine Amplifiers

All maintence has been upkept, the car juss recieved the new clutch about 2k miles ago, and recived an oil change and new spark plugs about two weeks ago. The car has 45k miles on it and all the previous owner and myself are active members of 6speedonline, who can vouch for how well maintained this car is, how it was cared for, and the quality of work done. This car was owned by a true car enthusiast from day 1!

Any questions please post in this thread of feel free to PM me. Thank you for your time!

Last edited by jrgatfh; 08-25-2007 at 11:14 PM.
Old 08-24-2007, 11:46 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Justin again so surprised to hear you want to sell it.. When I saw it in person, my jaw dropped at the quality and beauty put into this car.. Good luck with the sale buddy, you are exactly like me and can get damn expensive, we'll fidn you a sick 964 Turbo

Old 08-24-2007, 11:48 PM
Here are some more pictures, once again I know they aren't the best but I just want people to see how much this particular color changes shades, it can go from yellow to orange to almost a reddish orange.

Old 08-24-2007, 11:49 PM
Thanks Marty, I knew you would like it and I know you could appreciate it to see what it was to what it is now. And I know you can vouch for the quality of work done by the guys at the bodyshop!

Old 08-25-2007, 04:13 AM
atlshaver has a spectacular aura aboutatlshaver has a spectacular aura about
Brave move to do the color change but the end result is amazing.

Old 08-25-2007, 05:41 AM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
So what is a sticker and what is not? Is the hood/roof painted black? Just the "Fender Bender" part is a sticker?

SICK color and cool project, but like all of us on here (well, a lot of us) its time to move on once the car is 'done'...hahahahha

Best of luck with the sale!!!

Old 08-25-2007, 08:49 AM
Thanks for the compliments guys, the car is definately one of a kind, the hood and roof are painted flat black, the stickers on the side of the car that say "Fender Benders" and the white stickers on the rims are removable! Any more questions please feel free to ask!

Old 08-25-2007, 09:03 AM
sentipede is infamous around these parts
sweet, reminds me of this 997tt

Old 08-25-2007, 09:09 AM
700hp996tt is infamous around these parts
one word.........beautiful.

Old 08-25-2007, 10:30 AM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
That paint job is stunning esp. for the track. Not sure about the "Fender Benders" decal on a repainted car though.

Old 08-25-2007, 10:46 AM
ECB
ECB is infamous around these parts
Brain MRI....stat!

Old 08-25-2007, 04:25 PM
Thanks for the compliments guys! I only have the Fender Benders decal on the car when it's at shows because thats my bodyshop that painted the car and I want to give them credit for the amazing job they did! It comes off very easily and I usually take it off inbetween shows.

Old 08-25-2007, 07:08 PM
atlshaver has a spectacular aura aboutatlshaver has a spectacular aura about
How difficult is it to maintain the flat black?

Old 08-25-2007, 10:50 PM
Easy there is really no maintenance with it. Anyone know of anyone interested in the car?

Old 08-26-2007, 11:13 PM
The car also has a full RWD conversion. But the stock Diff and Shaft are still included with the purchase.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: FS: 2001 996TT Orange/Flat Black...Blk Leather