Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Rare: 2008 White (heavily optioned) GT3 with Ceramics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 12:15 PM
Will Party for Food!!!!
Jeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond repute
That's not true, it depends on the state. In IL the maximum tax you pay on ANY used car is $1,500

Old 10-04-2007, 03:46 PM
.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold
I dunno man sounds a little unreasonable

Old 10-04-2007, 04:24 PM
tblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond repute
You are correct. In most if not all states, you will pay your local sales tax rate when you register it and it will be based on the sales price, so in fact this "used" car would cost you more than the "new" one at msrp in the state of Tennessee.

Last edited by tblountman; 10-04-2007 at 04:26 PM.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:19 PM
s4play has a spectacular aura abouts4play has a spectacular aura abouts4play has a spectacular aura about
I'm no tax expert and I know tax laws are different in every state but from what I understand a used car is worth less in terms of kbb values so you pay less sales tax in general.

In Oregon u don't pay any sales tax since there is none. So it really varies....guess when it comes down to it, just depends on if you want the car or not.

didn't mean to mislead anyone...

rick

Old 10-04-2007, 08:13 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
i'll pay $50 over msrp.

Old 10-05-2007, 08:47 AM
leftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by s4play
I'm no tax expert and I know tax laws are different in every state but from what I understand a used car is worth less in terms of kbb values so you pay less sales tax in general.

In Oregon u don't pay any sales tax since there is none. So it really varies....guess when it comes down to it, just depends on if you want the car or not.

didn't mean to mislead anyone...

rick
Actually, you pay sales tax on the actual sales price, whether that is above KBB prices or not. The only way to get around that is to commit tax fraud, which isn't a good idea to broadcast on a public website.

Old 10-05-2007, 01:26 PM
MJS NYC is infamous around these parts
Not to hijack the thread, but there is a company that sets up a Montana shell for the purpose of purchasing vehicles. One of our forum members recently purchased a used 996 Turbo here using them. Anyone else?

www.mtvehicles.com

Old 10-05-2007, 04:08 PM
s4play has a spectacular aura abouts4play has a spectacular aura abouts4play has a spectacular aura about
back on topic, I will post a detailed options spec sheet once I get the official pricing on the 2008 model. (Dealer was using 2007 pricing for me as approximation)

What I was trying to say about is that you will essentially be buying a used car so check your state laws govering buying a used car

thanks
rick

Old 10-06-2007, 07:27 PM
KeyserSoze is infamous around these parts
$25k over MSRP for a car you can get as MSRP, ouch!

But I digress, I always find it amusing when people try to pass off the "it's used so you won't pay taxes" and then get called out on it. Not everyone has Oregon as a write off and you being from CA should know better than even saying that in the first place.

Old 10-06-2007, 10:32 PM
bobbrock is infamous around these parts
If you want to flip the car in CA. lease it 1st (even if you have the cash to buy it). This way you do not pay any upfront sales tax, since sales tax is paid monthly on a lease. Then have a local dealer do the paperwork on the sale (most will do it for $500.00). This way you will not get double taxed in CA. Some states like AZ and GA have not sales tax when purchasing a used vehicle. You have to be careful when saling a leased vehicle to one of these states. If you do use a dealer you will get stuck with the state of CA. sales tax.

Old 10-07-2007, 08:49 AM
ruffinit is a splendid one to beholdruffinit is a splendid one to beholdruffinit is a splendid one to beholdruffinit is a splendid one to beholdruffinit is a splendid one to beholdruffinit is a splendid one to beholdruffinit is a splendid one to beholdruffinit is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Jeremy
That's not true, it depends on the state. In IL the maximum tax you pay on ANY used car is $1,500
The 1500.00 dollars flat tax is ONLY if you buy from private party...NOT dealer. If not private party tax is same percentage as buying new.

Old 10-07-2007, 11:46 AM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by bobbrock
If you want to flip the car in CA. lease it 1st (even if you have the cash to buy it). This way you do not pay any upfront sales tax, since sales tax is paid monthly on a lease. Then have a local dealer do the paperwork on the sale (most will do it for $500.00). This way you will not get double taxed in CA. Some states like AZ and GA have not sales tax when purchasing a used vehicle. You have to be careful when saling a leased vehicle to one of these states. If you do use a dealer you will get stuck with the state of CA. sales tax.
Ontario would be the same. Taxes are only paid on the down-payment.

Old 10-07-2007, 12:59 PM
brnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant future
Does it have a sunroof? I was under the impression that all coupes in the US do. Today a friend was telling me he saw two GT3's at the Glen sans sunroof??

Old 10-07-2007, 04:27 PM
PCH
PCH is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by brnsrgn
Does it have a sunroof? I was under the impression that all coupes in the US do. Today a friend was telling me he saw two GT3's at the Glen sans sunroof??
'04/05's

Old 10-07-2007, 05:02 PM
brnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant future
no he was specific about a 997 GT3, perhaps RS

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Rare: 2008 White (heavily optioned) GT3 with Ceramics