Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Rare: 2008 White (heavily optioned) GT3 with Ceramics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 11:56 AM
Daytonaviolet is infamous around these parts
in defense for the OP. i truely believe that he did order this GT3 but whether or not he's gonna keep it is yet to be known. i dont see why anyone would go to all this trouble to POSE. im just waiting for him to take delivery so perhaps i can get the chance to buy it from him if he chooses to sell to me @ MSRP. for his troubles, i may even go beyond MSRP just a bit.

Old 10-22-2007, 12:05 PM
ThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the roughThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the roughThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the roughThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the rough
just pick a car already and then start a thread.

Old 10-22-2007, 12:53 PM
emperor is infamous around these parts
dude there is no way some is gonna $25k over msrp when they can the RS for a bit more. the difference between the gt3 and f430 is the cost of maintanance. something to think about. btw, any cosmetics options are your own preferance options and you may not get the money back for them.

emperor

Old 10-22-2007, 01:28 PM
Daytonaviolet is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ThisFlyGuy
just pick a car already and then start a thread.
who me?

Old 10-22-2007, 02:08 PM
993fan is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Jedidiah
Aside from the different threads Rick has started (which is basically window shopping and everyone does it from time to time), do you have ANY other proof that Rick is "posing?"

Making claims like you have made above is pretty serious. Rick was a valuable member over on M3F.c when I was on there and was very helpful when in need of audio questions. I know he owns an audio install/fab shop and seems to be somewhat successful.

In other words, this isn't just another 16 yr old spouting about ordering this or that.... this is a validated member on several different boards with other members of those boards having received services from Rick.

Now making too many threads with titles like "I WTB X car" is one thing and can be annoying...... but to call out someone saying that they are a complete "poser" I feel needs some further validation. Maybe I'm alone in this, but seems a bit harsh when all the guy has done is ask for a stupid markup on a GT3 and make a bunch of WTB threads.... countless members have done the same things and have never gotten this kind of retribution for no apparent reason. Just MO.
Ben, you are definitely of the trusting type and that's quite honorable. Take a look at this small sampling of posts and tell me what you think. Most of them are extremely misleading and others are blatant lies. If you were a seller, you'd just be getting jerked around.

You really have to know this type of Poser; we had one in our group and every week he'd tell us about the car he was getting. However, there was always something that went awry. (the dealer lied, the buyer flaked, the car was in bad condition, ) A couple of times is quite believable, but on the 15th time, you'd start to think that the problem didn't lie with the other party.

Rick may be a nice guy and might be helpful on the chatlines. However, he also suffers from "bull****-itis". He needs the attention, so he fabricates all these purchases to draw attention. Certainly, he wants the cars, but he's just dreaming. Could he afford even a GT3? Perhaps, but it would kill him financially and he knows it.

Rick stated that he bought and sold a Gallardo. Have you ever seen pics? I assure you that if he had a Gallardo, everyone and their mother would know about it.

7/24/06 (M3 Forum) - I had a 2004 Yellow Gallardo but sold that one a few months back....The Gallardo SE I'm buying is $213k and they are discounting it a bit.... I will post some more pics of the new car soon...

12/01/06 (M3 Forum) - Just need to make room in my garage for my upcoming toys that will be here for summer

12/04/06 (M3 Forum) - As for trades, looking to pick up a 05/06 Ferrari F430 or maybe a 03/04 360 Spyder

12/22/06 (M3 Forum) - Looking at White E55, M5, or maybe an RS4

1/11/07 (M3 Forum) - the Gallardo I only have one pic since it's sitting at my Oregon house right now.

7/13/07 (M3Forum) - "I think this time it's for real - I found a white e55 AMG that I want to get into..."

8/24/07 (6Speed) - Perfect car - EXACLTY what I'm looking for except it's not an "SE" model....*sighs. I have a 2008 GT3 coming in november that I'm still debating to keep or not. Will be in Chicago (Naperville) week of 9/22 so if you want to sell this car, let's talk a price we can both live with.

9/07/07 (6 Speed) - Ironically I'm also looking to buy a 97+ white nsx in mint condition

9/18/07 (6 Speed) - man if this was white I'd be calling you right now and putting the GT3 up for sale! (referring to a Lambo SE)

9/20/07 (6 Speed) - want to take this opportunity to see if there are any good F-cars on the market

10/04/07 (6 Speed) - I'm seriously debating a C63 instead of the white 05/06 e55's I've been looking at.

10/12/07 (6 Speed) - so did this car ever get sold or still available? (in reference to an '04 Ferrari CS, as if though he could afford it)

10/16/07 - (NSX Forum) - the guy with the 99 didn't pan out so just decided to get a newer 02-05 white NSX to mod and play with. I have cash so no loan's here and ready to talk a deal with the right owner/car

Old 10-22-2007, 02:18 PM
Jedidiah is infamous around these parts
993Fan--

I hear what you are saying. Listing the posts certainly gives some merit to your stance.

Clearly its in Rick's best interest to buy the car and enjoy it, or give another enthusiast a chance to own at MSRP or just a little over for the opportunity. Ever since the RS came out, markup on the GT3 has been very insignificant and no where near what Rick is asking for his.

I guess I am a little trusting and want to give everyone the opportunity to set the record straight before their name starts getting slung through the proverbial "mud." I also understand that some times you just have to call a spade a spade.

I would think this would be a good time for Rick to chime in and set the record straight. Thanks for clarifying your stance 993Fan.