Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Location (State):

FS: PES GP7 Monolite Wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 05:47 PM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dbf73
eclou - will these fit on the 993tt? You've got the car and the wheels - give 'em a try.
Funny you should mention that. The offsets are perfect, but I cannot find a lug nut that will fit in the hole. My silver GP7's are a ball seat lug hole. The graphite (new) one is a cone seat. There is no ball seat lug nut in existence in the 14 x 1.5mm size that will fit in the hole (no clearance for a lug socket). The "tuner" lug nuts - splined, hex head, locking, etc all are cone seats. The Factory lug nuts (aluminum ball seat) use a 19mm head and are way too big. For the 996 and 997 Porsche went to lug bolts, and the aftermarket has plenty of 14 x 1.5mm lug bolts with 17mm heads and both ball and cone seat varieties.

Old 12-07-2007, 07:25 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by eclou
Funny you should mention that. The offsets are perfect, but I cannot find a lug nut that will fit in the hole. My silver GP7's are a ball seat lug hole. The graphite (new) one is a cone seat. There is no ball seat lug nut in existence in the 14 x 1.5mm size that will fit in the hole (no clearance for a lug socket). The "tuner" lug nuts - splined, hex head, locking, etc all are cone seats. The Factory lug nuts (aluminum ball seat) use a 19mm head and are way too big. For the 996 and 997 Porsche went to lug bolts, and the aftermarket has plenty of 14 x 1.5mm lug bolts with 17mm heads and both ball and cone seat varieties.
Ruf has a kit with studs and lug nuts - wonder if they would fit. Also Boothe has a real variety of lug bolts.
http://www.boothedesign.com/boltsstudslugs.html

Old 12-07-2007, 07:46 PM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
Thanks JH. BTW Snapscan I may have a buyer here in Houston for these