Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Location (State):

GT3 Seat Sale!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 03:32 PM
SuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to behold
GT3 Seat Sale!!

FINAL BATCH

Hey guys,

We got a bunch of Leather GT3 Seats in, and we're selling them for $1299.98 each ($2599.95 a set), which is a bit over 10% off.

This is a set of Black Leather GT3 seats. These easily replace your stock seats, and are perfect for around town or on the track. Significantly lighter than stock seats. No modifications are necessary, these use the existing mounting points. These are compatible with the factory racing harness sets as well as the standard 3-point seat belts. These come directly from Porsche, and are made by Recaro.
  • Fitment:
  • Boxster 986 (all versions) - 1997-2004
  • Boxster 987 (all versions) - 2005 or newer ***
  • Cayman (all versions) - 2005 or newer ***
  • Carrera 996 (all versions) - 1999-2004
  • Carrera 997 (all versions) - 2005 or newer ***
*** for models with Advanced Airbags (2006 or newer), the seat airbags & weight sensor will have to be disabled by your local dealer. This will deactivate the airbag warning light on your instrument cluster.

Thanks guys!!

Last edited by SuncoastSteve; 03-31-2008 at 08:28 AM.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:00 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
why is cloth more expensive then leather?

Old 11-28-2007, 05:00 PM
stuart997gt3 has a spectacular aura aboutstuart997gt3 has a spectacular aura about
are thease all oem.if so than recaro makes the orignal seats for the 996 gt3 ? please clairfy,cause i thought they were different manufacurtes.i'm getting ready to buy so any help would would be great. thanks

Old 11-28-2007, 08:17 PM
BOXER4 is infamous around these parts
damn, if we didn't get nailed by customs with such high brokerage fees and duties up here in Canada, this would be a great deal.....man...

Old 11-28-2007, 08:24 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
boxer, take a trip south, visit a 6speeder where you have your new seats shipped,
install them and drive back home.

I am in Minneapolis, MN.

Those seats are a great deal...I LOVE mine.

MK

Old 11-28-2007, 10:06 PM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
Marty are these seats hard to get into and out of?
Andre

Old 11-29-2007, 12:55 AM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by unvmym3
classic porsche marketing. you pay more to get less.

Old 11-29-2007, 01:12 AM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by unvmym3
they called it anti-flame cloth. i just don't have the ***** to test if that's true, yet.

Old 11-29-2007, 01:31 AM
Sharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud of
Do you have a set in Savannah Beige?

Old 11-29-2007, 06:32 AM
SuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to behold
Hey guys, here are some answers to your questions

That's a good question. We get the leather ones cheaper from Porsche, so you guys do too! 20C4S is correct too, the cloth ones are made of Perlon which is a flame retardant nylon velour.

are thease all oem.if so than recaro makes the orignal seats for the 996 gt3 ? please clairfy,cause i thought they were different manufacurtes.i'm getting ready to buy so any help would would be great. thanks
Yes, the seats are OEM Porsche seats for the GT3 made by Recaro. Recaro makes seats for a bunch of car companies from Hyundai to Porsche. I was also recently in an airplane that had Recaro seats....didn't make flying coach any better though....

Marty are these seats hard to get into and out of?
I'll throw in my $0.02 here. These seats do sit lower than your seats and have higher bolsters, so getting in and out is a little trickier, but it typically does not take too long to get used to, as you do not have to be a contortionist to get in and out.

Do you have a set in Savannah Beige?
We do not have any in Savannah Beige, only in black. We can order them, but the price is higher and we'd be looking at months before they came in.

Old 12-01-2007, 09:22 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
I may just be in for a set, those cloth seats are gorgeous.

Anyone have live pics of cloth seats that have been sat in for a while, if they fade and turn purple, I'll go with leather.

Old 12-01-2007, 09:29 PM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
Flame retardent, cool! So while the rest of the car burns the seats will be A-OK.

Old 12-01-2007, 09:33 PM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Redlinerobert
Flame retardent, cool! So while the rest of the car burns the seats will be A-OK.
Now that is funny!

Old 12-01-2007, 09:35 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Redlinerobert

No no you got it all wrong, the flame retardation is to keep your butt from being burned when those extra extra hot wings, or picante burritos kick in.

The leather tends to heat quickly causing burns to the buttocks.

Old 12-02-2007, 05:09 AM
fivelitre is infamous around these parts
Great deal , you don't happen to have any contact/supply deals in the UK as i'd definately be intersted in a pair and maybe even two pairs.

Cloth seats are covered in Nomex Flame Retardent material used in many area's of motorsport.

C.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT3 Seat Sale!!