Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Location (State):

For Sale : 996 Removable hardtop (Arctic Silver)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 05:27 PM
lceniza Is a GOD !lceniza Is a GOD !lceniza Is a GOD !lceniza Is a GOD !lceniza Is a GOD !lceniza Is a GOD !lceniza Is a GOD !lceniza Is a GOD !lceniza Is a GOD !lceniza Is a GOD !lceniza Is a GOD !
For Sale : 996 Removable hardtop (Arctic Silver)

Hey guys -

I have this sitting in my garage. I don't know what it's worth. Whoever needs it, I will take the best offer.

Thanks,
Lord
lordceniza@gmail.com
323 428 4368

Attached Images  
Old 12-15-2007, 09:14 PM
Zuma 911 has a spectacular aura aboutZuma 911 has a spectacular aura about
hard top

If your looking to clear out your garage and want it out, I'll pick it up. The most I would spend if $20. Last month Jenking Automotive called me and ask if I wanted three of them for free, but it hadn't started raining yet.

In no way do I mean to low ball you, just for me, they have little value. On Ebay, from time to time they will fetch anywhere from $100 to $300...but as with most cab owners, they end up in the back of the garage never being used, just getting in the way.

Auto Dismantlers in Sunland has 15 of them in stock, every color. They usually get ~ $250. You might try them, but they are probably gonna offer you about the same amount as I am.

Best of Luck, Tom

Old 12-15-2007, 10:09 PM
lceniza Is a GOD !lceniza Is a GOD !lceniza Is a GOD !lceniza Is a GOD !lceniza Is a GOD !lceniza Is a GOD !lceniza Is a GOD !lceniza Is a GOD !lceniza Is a GOD !lceniza Is a GOD !lceniza Is a GOD !
Thanks but I'll pass on the $20. I'll just keep it around for when i get another cab.

Last edited by lceniza; 12-15-2007 at 10:12 PM.
Old 12-15-2007, 11:28 PM
911Spdstr is infamous around these parts
Where are you located Iceniza? Also what is the color of the interior liner?

Regards,
Jonathan

Old 12-16-2007, 12:11 AM
Originally Posted by 911Spdstr
Where are you located Iceniza? Also what is the color of the interior liner?

Regards,
Jonathan
Jonathan -

I'm in L.A. and the interior liner is black.

Thanks,
-Lord

Old 12-16-2007, 12:20 AM
I've been told by several sources that the market value is around $1k - $1.5k. I've gotten a few offers that are well below that. I'll keep fielding offers for another week or until someone gets somewhat close.

By the way, there's no scratches and the interior liner is in perfect shape. I also have the cover that goes near the top of the rear view mirror. And I also have the red tool that latches the top to the car.

Thanks guys!

Old 12-16-2007, 12:49 AM
2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold
FYI, this top will work on a 997 cab also.

Old 12-16-2007, 11:51 PM
drop997stop is infamous around these parts
hardtop

The hardtop will fit on a 997. You will need complete mounting hardware to install. The hardware alone cost 1000.

Old 12-17-2007, 06:54 PM
CABRIO C4 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Zuma 911
If your looking to clear out your garage and want it out, I'll pick it up. The most I would spend if $20. Last month Jenking Automotive called me and ask if I wanted three of them for free, but it hadn't started raining yet.

In no way do I mean to low ball you, just for me, they have little value. On Ebay, from time to time they will fetch anywhere from $100 to $300...but as with most cab owners, they end up in the back of the garage never being used, just getting in the way.

Auto Dismantlers in Sunland has 15 of them in stock, every color. They usually get ~ $250. You might try them, but they are probably gonna offer you about the same amount as I am.

Best of Luck, Tom

If you have a black one I'll pay you $40 for it.

Old 12-24-2007, 12:49 PM
drop997stop is infamous around these parts
hard top

Hard tops brand new from a dealer cost more than 4000. Making an offer for 20 bucks is stupid. If someone offered you a hardtop for 20 bucks you should of bought it right away. Nobody needs to think about a 20 dollar purcahse for a 4K item.

The going price is 1500 for these. You will need new brackets which cost 800.

Old 12-24-2007, 01:02 PM
paneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to behold
Lord FWIW when I bought the top it cost $1100.00, the dude that wants to pay $20.00 LOL!

Old 12-24-2007, 01:03 PM
paneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by drop997stop
Hard tops brand new from a dealer cost more than 4000. Making an offer for 20 bucks is stupid. If someone offered you a hardtop for 20 bucks you should of bought it right away. Nobody needs to think about a 20 dollar purcahse for a 4K item.

The going price is 1500 for these. You will need new brackets which cost 800.

are the brackets different from the 996?

Old 12-24-2007, 03:09 PM
Trent is infamous around these parts
It's supply and demand.. From what I understand, the reason the 996 hardtop prices are so soft is that that most 996 Cabs came ordered with the hardtop, so there's not a lot of owners looking for them.

In contrast, Boxsters generally came w/o hardtops, and those hardtops still fetch $1300-1500 regularly. (Which is still a bargain, considering it was a VERY expensive option from the factory)

Old 12-25-2007, 05:31 AM
Russcan is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by paneraiwatches
Lord FWIW when I bought the top it cost $1100.00, the dude that wants to pay $20.00 LOL!

Right! Then he wrote a whole BS story trying to sell his case that it was only worth $20 and he was doing him a favor taking it off his hands.

Old 12-25-2007, 05:32 AM
Russcan is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Zuma 911

Best of Luck, Tom
Good One

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: For Sale : 996 Removable hardtop (Arctic Silver)