Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Location (State):

19" Ruf wheels with PS2's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 09:32 AM
mickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant future
yes

yes heavy but not sure I would say incredibly...

front 28.5 rear 31lbs so yes heavy compared to others out there

Originally Posted by p0rsch3
can you post some complete pics of these wheels on the car, please? It really helps..
I heard these wheels are incredibly heavy, is it true or just rumor mill?

Old 02-27-2008, 01:35 PM
john rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to behold
Gents,
FYI, I have run Rufs on several cars and since the late 80s. Yes, they are heavy BUT they are wonderfully strong [clip a curb and you merely repair it instead of trying to find another wheel]. I have found them to work quite well on a variety of Porsches over the years. One aside is that yes, they are heavy BUT ...at least for me.. I find that I have been able to run a stiff suspension on the street and then swap to a set of very light racer wheels for track and have the best of both worlds, a tad nicer ride on the street and don't have to go through hoops stiffening up for track work. Your results may vary but I still love Rufs and currently own every single generation of their wheels. I cannot say anything better about a product.
JR

Old 02-27-2008, 04:13 PM
hidesert is infamous around these parts
Lovely wheels.

Old 02-28-2008, 12:46 AM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by john rice
Gents,
FYI, I have run Rufs on several cars and since the late 80s. Yes, they are heavy BUT they are wonderfully strong [clip a curb and you merely repair it instead of trying to find another wheel]. I have found them to work quite well on a variety of Porsches over the years. One aside is that yes, they are heavy BUT ...at least for me.. I find that I have been able to run a stiff suspension on the street and then swap to a set of very light racer wheels for track and have the best of both worlds, a tad nicer ride on the street and don't have to go through hoops stiffening up for track work. Your results may vary but I still love Rufs and currently own every single generation of their wheels. I cannot say anything better about a product.
JR
Interesting, so you're saying that a heavier wheel gives a smoother ride?

Old 03-02-2008, 10:06 PM
dblvanos is infamous around these partsdblvanos is infamous around these parts
Will they fit a 987 Boxster?

Old 03-02-2008, 10:07 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
I wish those wheels came in 12" width for rears, I would get em

Old 08-08-2008, 08:55 AM
mario_52 is infamous around these parts
Hello. if your wheels are still for sale could you please call me.
Vancouver number. 604 818 5597

Thanx

Old 08-12-2008, 02:59 PM
john rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to behold
Sorry for not responding earlier but I am not always around. Ruf really does spend a lot of time developing and testing his products. He has miles of quiet local open roads and unrestricted autobahns nearby which contribles to why his products work so well. And, yes, for a given car and shock/spring rate.. a lighter wheel/tire will respond quicker and a heavier wheel/tire will respond in a more relaxed fashion. This was obvious to me with my very first set of Rufs that I installed on a 73 RS in the 80s just to see how they would act. Frankly, I expected them to be terrible but the steering remained fine and it didn't feel like a pig but to my surprise the extreme high speed nervousness disappeared. I am NOT suggesting you will have magically correct track/street shock/spring rates as you swap back and forth but for fun running it worked great for me. They aren't for everyone and every occasion but they are great wheels. If for no other reason I promise the first time you clip a curb you will be delighted with your choice.
JR

Old 02-01-2009, 02:48 PM
rthomasevans is infamous around these parts
ruf 19's

Hi: I realize you posted these quite some time ago, but are your Ruf 19's still available? Thx

Old 02-08-2009, 01:56 AM
MC1000 is infamous around these parts
Ruf Wheels

Hi,

I am interested in your wheels (hoping they fit a 993 Carrera 2 S). It would be great if you could contact me at mopp@chicagogsb.edu. I currently live in SF. If you already sold them, I would be curious where you bought the wheels originally from.

Best,

Marcus

Old 02-08-2009, 09:51 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MC1000
Hi,

I am interested in your wheels (hoping they fit a 993 Carrera 2 S). It would be great if you could contact me at mopp@chicagogsb.edu. I currently live in SF. If you already sold them, I would be curious where you bought the wheels originally from.

Best,

Marcus
http://www.rufautocentre.com/parts/index.asp

Old 02-08-2009, 07:16 PM
TDarby is just really niceTDarby is just really niceTDarby is just really niceTDarby is just really nice
Great wheels. I just ordered a set of 17" for my 87 carrera. Good price.

Old 02-13-2009, 09:18 PM
englishbull911 has a brilliant futureenglishbull911 has a brilliant futureenglishbull911 has a brilliant futureenglishbull911 has a brilliant futureenglishbull911 has a brilliant futureenglishbull911 has a brilliant futureenglishbull911 has a brilliant futureenglishbull911 has a brilliant futureenglishbull911 has a brilliant futureenglishbull911 has a brilliant futureenglishbull911 has a brilliant future
you want to trade for some Fikse race wheels?

Old 02-13-2009, 10:42 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
Hey everyone, let's not forget that this post is over a year old, and the OP hasn't indicated that they are even available anymore. I wish these old posts would be removed after a few months of inactivity to avoid this confusion.

Old 02-15-2009, 01:10 PM
englishbull911 has a brilliant futureenglishbull911 has a brilliant futureenglishbull911 has a brilliant futureenglishbull911 has a brilliant futureenglishbull911 has a brilliant futureenglishbull911 has a brilliant futureenglishbull911 has a brilliant futureenglishbull911 has a brilliant futureenglishbull911 has a brilliant futureenglishbull911 has a brilliant futureenglishbull911 has a brilliant future
oops didn't notice it was such an old thread.

mod should lock or delete this thread.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 19" Ruf wheels with PS2's