Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Location (State):

Need a sporty new car seat for your child? Check these out!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 06:21 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
do you have something that fits in the gt2 bucket seats? i have the young sport which doesn't fit. can't take my 4yr old for rides anymore ever since i swapped out my stock seats with gt2 bucket seats.

Old 06-15-2009, 10:34 AM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Purplxd
When I was in Europe last month I saw Ferrari baby seats... do you carry those too?

A
Not currently, but it is definitely something we can check into.

Originally Posted by speedoflight
do you have something that fits in the gt2 bucket seats? i have the young sport which doesn't fit. can't take my 4yr old for rides anymore ever since i swapped out my stock seats with gt2 bucket seats.
Could you be more specific as to which GT2 buckets you have? Do you have any pics?

Old 06-15-2009, 01:41 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by GMP Performance

Could you be more specific as to which GT2 buckets you have? Do you have any pics?
7gt2 seats. these:
http://e-partssales.com/Merchant2/me...ode=997gt3seat

Old 06-15-2009, 10:43 PM
Topless TTS is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by sc_trojan
I guess my 4YO young sport is different from the new models you carry? All I know is when I remove the pitch adjustment, it still doesnt lie flat. Can you fit it in there? I guess you can, but mine will rock/sway and does not fit snug like the porsche seat. I guess it just depends on your definition of "fits". I find any rocking or swaying unacceptable since it is my kids who are sitting in them.

...if you take it far enough, I guess you can fit 3 people back there and just have them hold on as long as you don't crash.....

fyi- i know the porsche seat is made by britex, but I ended up just having the dealer throw the porsche car seat in as part of the deal.
The young sport model certainly does not just fit in like an OEM piece is supposed to. I found it would fit somewhat better without the pitch base but also with the rear seat back cushions removed. Push in the seat and secure tightly with the belt - no rocking or swaying.

Old 06-15-2009, 11:57 PM
synergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to behold
Any suggestions for what to use in the rear of the 997.1 - forward facing?

Old 07-22-2009, 08:50 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but could you PM answers to the following questions?

1.) Can any of the forward facing seats be used in the front passenger seat? I just installed a Tequipment rollbar w/ cross brace so the rears are out now.
2.) What are the weights and ages for each line of seat?
3.) How much for each seat and shipping to 20136?

Thanks GMP!!!

Berk

Old 07-23-2009, 08:23 AM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by synergy
Any suggestions for what to use in the rear of the 997.1 - forward facing?
It's hard to say what will fit in a back seat without trying them out first-hand. Next time we have a 997 in here I will try out a Vivo Booster Seat in there, but that's the only model we have here at the shop.

I can give you dimensions if you want to measure to get a rough idea of what will fit.

Originally Posted by boochook
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but could you PM answers to the following questions?

1.) Can any of the forward facing seats be used in the front passenger seat? I just installed a Tequipment rollbar w/ cross brace so the rears are out now.
2.) What are the weights and ages for each line of seat?
3.) How much for each seat and shipping to 20136?

Thanks GMP!!!

Berk
PM sent

We are expecting an update on this product line from Recaro very soon, so I will post up any changes when we receive it.

Old 07-23-2009, 09:34 AM
AdamW81 is infamous around these partsAdamW81 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by boochook

Berk
Do NOT put one in the front seat unless you plan on disabling the airbag, there is no way that airbag won't hit given the bulk of the child seat even if the passenger seat is all the way back.

Old 07-26-2009, 07:10 AM
drsrock is a jewel in the roughdrsrock is a jewel in the roughdrsrock is a jewel in the roughdrsrock is a jewel in the rough
Almost makes you want to havemore kids.

Old 10-07-2009, 07:34 PM
mshanler has a spectacular aura aboutmshanler has a spectacular aura aboutmshanler has a spectacular aura about
Can you take a picture of the Recaro Vivo in the back of a 911?

-Mike

Originally Posted by GMP Performance
It's hard to say what will fit in a back seat without trying them out first-hand. Next time we have a 997 in here I will try out a Vivo Booster Seat in there, but that's the only model we have here at the shop.

I can give you dimensions if you want to measure to get a rough idea of what will fit.

PM sent

We are expecting an update on this product line from Recaro very soon, so I will post up any changes when we receive it.

Old 10-10-2009, 07:43 PM
rednoble is infamous around these parts
993tt back seat?

Which of these will fit forward facing in the back of a 993tt? Thanks!

Old 10-12-2009, 02:55 PM
Site Sponsor
Originally Posted by mshanler
Can you take a picture of the Recaro Vivo in the back of a 911?

-Mike
I'll see what I can do.

Originally Posted by rednoble
Which of these will fit forward facing in the back of a 993tt? Thanks!
Once again, it's tough for us to say what will fit without having a car here to test. And we don't get too many 993TTs, to be honest. I'll see what I can dig up though...