Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Location (State):

HRE Comp 97s with Nittos for Cayman/Boxster. Never mounted. Perfect.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 01:47 AM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
HRE Comp 97s with Nittos for Cayman/Boxster. Never mounted. Perfect.

Hey everyone:

A friend of mine here in North Carolina (owns a huge car shop that is actually building another car for me) had someone trade in some HREs for a Cayman/Boxster that, as I understand it, he never picked up from the shop in the first place. Brand spankin' new and I totally vouch for the seller. Here's the ad that I had sent to me. He asked me to help him sell them, and I of course was going to post them here.

Up for sale is a BRAND NEW set of 19" HRE Comp 97s (C97). I purchased these a few months ago for my Porsche Cayman. Unfortunately by the time they came in I had already gotten rid of the car. I purchased these from National Speed Inc. with a Brand new set of Nitto Neogen Tires. The tires are new and not mounted on the wheels. If you would like I can have the tires mounted and balanced at my expense. These will also come with Brand New lug nuts and center caps that I ordered from HRE. The wheels are still in original packaging, one wheel was removed to take the pictures. The blue wrap in the pictures is for protection of the wheels while being shipped

The Wheels are: Front 19x8.5 +53 Rear 19x10 +40
The Tires are: Front 245/35/19 Rear 275/35/19

The Comp Series wheels are extremely light weight (18lbs/20lbs). All of the fasteners are 100% Titanium. The wheels themselves are Aerospace grade 6061-T6 Forged Aluminum

I paid $7800.00 from National Speed and it was a 9 week wait till they arrived. I will email a photocopy of my bill to anyone interested or doubtful of the purchase. I'll take $4,500 for them with the tires, mounted if you so desire.

Shipping can be arranged at buyers expense but I would be happy to meet up to minimize cost.

If you have any questions or would like more pictures you can message me or contact National Speed Inc. where the wheels are currently stored at 910-332-5904 and press 1 for sales.

These are brand new. The other three boxes have never opened.

Last edited by blakt out; 06-14-2009 at 01:49 AM.
Old 06-14-2009, 10:58 AM
mrwonder is infamous around these parts
Very tempting! How much for just the wheels?

Old 06-15-2009, 08:07 AM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
I'll ask this morning.

Old 06-15-2009, 11:18 AM
He really wants to sell it all, so, $4000 for just the wheels. These were delivered to the store 2 weeks ago, but as many of you know, HREs take a while to make. They're all custom (at least mine took a while, but well worth it!). Over the wait period, apparently the Cayman owner had some bad luck and now has no need for the wheels. Losing a ton of money at this price. Again, three have never been opened. Brushed centers with polished lip. These'll look great on someone's ride.

Jared

Old 06-15-2009, 07:01 PM
Originally Posted by blakt out
He really wants to sell it all, so, $4000 for just the wheels. These were delivered to the store 2 weeks ago, but as many of you know, HREs take a while to make. They're all custom (at least mine took a while, but well worth it!). Over the wait period, apparently the Cayman owner had some bad luck and now has no need for the wheels. Losing a ton of money at this price. Again, three have never been opened. Brushed centers with polished lip. These'll look great on someone's ride.

Jared
Thanks. I only have <2K miles on my tires and am not keen to replace them.

Old 06-15-2009, 10:04 PM
WHITE S is infamous around these parts
im guessing the rear wheels are too narrow for a 997 nb right??

Old 06-16-2009, 06:51 AM
I THINK so, but am not sure. Seems like I run 11 or 11.5 on the rear. I do know that I'm running 315s on the rear, but I've got one and a half assloads of camber.

Old 06-16-2009, 08:53 AM
Originally Posted by WHITE S
im guessing the rear wheels are too narrow for a 997 nb right??
I believe you'll need 19"x11"

Old 06-16-2009, 01:39 PM
Hellcat02 is infamous around these parts
Jared, I'm interested in picking these up for my '08 Cayman S. Would the seller be in a position to accept a credit card for payment? Also, would shipping to NJ be a problem?

Thanks,

Dave

Old 06-16-2009, 02:55 PM
WHITE S is infamous around these parts
i thought so... any way sweet wheels good luck

Old 06-16-2009, 05:56 PM
Originally Posted by Hellcat02
Jared, I'm interested in picking these up for my '08 Cayman S. Would the seller be in a position to accept a credit card for payment? Also, would shipping to NJ be a problem?

Thanks,

Dave
I'm pretty sure that they can take a card. I'll ask him. Shipping to NJ will not be a problem at all. I know this cat because his shop is building my 240Z. You can check out the shop at www.nationalspeedinc.com. I just don't know if the person owning/selling them is the guy that can take a card. I'll find out and get back with you.

Jared

Old 06-16-2009, 06:05 PM
OK. He can take Visa and Mastercard. It will show up on your statement as from National Speed, Inc. $4500 plus shipping, which will be less than from an individual because this shop does a ton of mailorder business (as you'll see by their website).

Just let me know and I'll help the deal through.

As a simple FYI, I'm not getting a dollar out of this. Helping a good guy get money for his wheels and helping a 6speeder save three grand or so on a new set.

Jared

Old 06-17-2009, 08:22 PM
Hellcat02 is infamous around these parts
Jared, Thanks for the follow up. I'm traveling this week but hope to get a chance to call National tomorrow. One way or another I would have to get a set of TPMS sensors to them before the tires are mounted.

Regards,

Dave

Old 06-17-2009, 08:28 PM
Great. Ask for Jordan. He's the guy that takes care of me and I know he will you as well. Just mention my name and he'll likely know what you're calling about.

Old 06-17-2009, 09:41 PM
Originally Posted by Hellcat02
Jared, Thanks for the follow up. I'm traveling this week but hope to get a chance to call National tomorrow. One way or another I would have to get a set of TPMS sensors to them before the tires are mounted.

Regards,

Dave
I'm so jealous! It is a great deal, but my tires are practically brand new so buying another set just doesn't make sense.

The C63 on the cover of the last issue of European Cars has C97s on, and they look amazing!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: HRE Comp 97s with Nittos for Cayman/Boxster. Never mounted. Perfect.