Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Location (State):

M&K Exhaust for 996

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 08:07 AM
mathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond repute
M&K Exhaust for 996

I'm selling the M&K mufflers from my 2002 996 C2 3.6L. I've had these for about 1.5 years. They have an excellent sound and are very lightweight. I recently changed back to the OE mufflers since these were too loud for my wife and child to take a 1000+ mile road trip (damn women!). Anyway, in hopes of using the car more with them riding along, I'm sticking with the OE set up for now.

Along with a more aggressive sound, the biggest advantage of these mufflers is their light weight. They each weigh about 12 lbs. That's right - 12lbs. This shaves a considerable amount of weight off the rear of the car.

New, these go for $1300. I'll take $500, plus shipping. PM for payment via PayPal. I will include the 4 muffler clamps shown in the photo. If you have a 996, you must buy these as it will make all your wildest dreams come true! Your car will be faster than any other 996 and the sound will scare young children and make women swoon. The added benefit is that at WOT, you can't hear your wife/passenger screaming to slow down....

Here is a video of the exhaust - NOT FROM MY CAR. Mine is louder with headers & intake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8HJ3HnkMTE

More info about M&K http://www.mkexhaust.com/index.php
M&K EXHAUST manufactures' handcrafted stainless steel mufflers for your vintage, mid, or late model Porsche. M&K Exhaust mufflers are simply the highest quality muffler available on the market today. Each M&K muffler is built with handcrafted tig welded perfection that NO Other exhaust manufacturer can compare. Each muffler is specifically tuned to maximize performance and sound. We build a lifetime exhaust system for your Porsche.

Why choose M&K:
Each M&K muffler is produced utilizing 321 stainless steel. This type of stainless is commonly used in the aviation industry due to it's higher quality alloys which withstand high heat applications. We are the only manufacturer to offer 321 stainless exhaust systems for Porsche automobiles.

Why 321 and not 304:
304 is not as durable as 321 in handling the constant heat cycling exposure produced during the lifetime of an automobile. 304 is also not as resilient as 321 in withstanding the acids given off by an internal combustion engine. Over the years 304 will eventually deteriorate and lose its strength and eventually need to be replaced. If your looking for a muffler that truly will last a lifetime then 321 stainless steel must be your choice.

What we do different:
M&K mufflers are designed to create a scavenge within the shell of the muffler to draw the exhaust out of the engine as quickly as possible. This allows your engine to breath better and create enough back pressure to increase the performance of your engine.

Weight is always a burden:
The best way to improve a car's performance and balance is decreasing the weight. The 911 has always been known for it's tail-happy attitude. We all know this is due to a large amount of weight at the very back of the car. Porsche drivers are always looking for ways to better their car's performance and handling by removing weight. Yet the most commonly overlooked source of weight is a factory Muffler.

When Porsche imported 911s into the US they had to adhere to USA's strict sound requirements. In order to achieve these requirements Porsche built multiple passages in their factory mufflers that increased the weight tremendously. Our Lightweight mufflers weigh close to 15 Pounds LESS than a factory installed muffler. The average M&K muffler tops the scale at a mere 14lbs, when some of the factory mufflers weigh in OVER 30! We produce the best quality best sounding and LIGHTEST mufflers on the market!

Old 09-01-2009, 05:33 AM
silvershark is infamous around these parts
Exhaust

PM sent

Old 09-02-2009, 02:06 PM
mathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond repute
PM's answered - thanks for interest.

Old 09-13-2009, 10:00 PM
ofpiste is infamous around these parts
Availability?

Do you still have these?

Thanks!

Old 09-14-2009, 09:02 AM
Sold

Old 09-18-2009, 02:39 AM
less996 is infamous around these parts
Do you still have?