Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Location (State):

SpeedTech 996TT X-cellerator Cross-Flow Exhaust - SPECIAL SALE!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 04:12 PM
beckham23 is a jewel in the roughbeckham23 is a jewel in the roughbeckham23 is a jewel in the roughbeckham23 is a jewel in the rough
I did it!! 3.0 Loud on its way. This is the first mod to my TT...I can't wait as I think the stock exhaust is on the quiet side...I am hoping this will fix it.

John, for you to appreciate even more, I am spending my PSS10 suspension budget on this. How can I quickly make $3k to fix that problem too?

Old 09-18-2009, 09:58 PM
Basic Sponsor
John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !
Thanks Bryan, I appreciate it. The exhaust is a good first upgrade and you timed your exhaust purchase to take advantage of a great deal, so you did well. You will find that these cars can tap a lot of cash before you're done...I've been through it myself

Yea, I know what you mean about the stock exhaust and the X-cellerator 3.0 loud will certainly fix that! If you fire it up cold in a garage, you can rest assured that everyone in the house will know you are leaving in the Porsche Wait until you hear it at WOT in a tunnel or passing on a tree lined road...

2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
www.speedtechexhausts.com
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials facebook SpeedTech Exhaust Videos
Old 09-19-2009, 10:01 AM
Page is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of light
Thanks again John! I just received my 3.0 loud the other day. Looks good and cant wait to install it! I'll let you know how the install goes. I'm waiting for my spark plugs so I can do them while I have the exhaust off.

Old 09-19-2009, 05:25 PM
Basic Sponsor
John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !
Page, thanks for the order! Glad to hear it arrived without any problems. If you have any questions during the installation, give me a call.

Here's a tip: Spray the four turbo nuts on each side with a liberal dose of penetrating fluid the night before you plan to do the installation. If the nuts are old and rusted, they can be difficult to remove. Letting them soak overnight does wonders. It wouldn't hurt to spray the muffler retaining strap nuts, too - if you can hit them.

2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
Old 10-05-2009, 08:01 PM
Cascade is infamous around these partsCascade is infamous around these parts
Please PM pricing

Old 10-05-2009, 08:43 PM
Whereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond repute
Pm Price please

Old 10-05-2009, 09:36 PM
Basic Sponsor
PM's sent -

Here are the sound videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgxMQe7KIy4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvxifsO-9bk

2022 Cayenne White
Old 10-10-2009, 06:16 PM
TD997TT is infamous around these parts
Speed Tech X-flow ... 997TT?

John, let me know when you are ready with the 997 TT x-flow system - would love to try it. It looks & sounds great on the 996!

Old 10-10-2009, 08:11 PM
Basic Sponsor
Will do - we are working on it now and should have something very shortly.

2022 Cayenne White
Old 10-10-2009, 08:20 PM
sc_trojan has a spectacular aura aboutsc_trojan has a spectacular aura about
installed the 2.5 street system....

all I can say is that IMHO that this unit is the MOST bang for the buck exhaust you can purchase right now! I know I voted with my own $$$.

I have owned the techart, heard ep, fabspeed and a few others. While I do not have specific first hand dyno numbers on all the exhausts mentioned above, I have rode/driven in 996tt with the above mentioned exhausts.

I am a bang for the buck/value type of guy, if I can get 80-90% of the performance for 50% of the cost, then that is what I purchase most of the time. So much so, that I would tell John to save even more cost and reduce overall msrp by not polishing the muffler since it is never seen.

Nice work John! I will be calling you to discuss further bang for the buck mods since it seems you have done much tinkering on your car.

Old 10-10-2009, 11:32 PM
Basic Sponsor
Hi Gary,

Thanks, I'm very pleased to hear you are so happy with it - I was pretty certain you would like it! I think the 2.5 is an awesome system and appreciate your feedback.

We have in fact started offering the X-cellerator in "unpolished" finish at a reduced price for exactly the reasons you pointed out. It is really not seen and the expense is for purely cosmetic reasons. Some people want it polished and some don't care and would rather save the money. Our goal is to provide as many options for the customer as we can, so "unpolished" is now one of them.

2022 Cayenne White
Old 10-19-2011, 10:22 AM
split is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these parts
is the only difference between the loud and quiet the exhaust size? Does the extra volume of the 3.0"inch come entirely from the enlarging piping diameter, or is the muffler in the loud one different?

Old 10-19-2011, 11:38 AM
Basic Sponsor
is the only difference between the loud and quiet the exhaust size? Does the extra volume of the 3.0"inch come entirely from the enlarging piping diameter, or is the muffler in the loud one different?
The difference is in the muffler internal X-flow piping diameter and the 3.0 tip diameter design. The cats and mid-pipes flow full 3" on all systems. However, our 2.5 is 2.5" from the muffler on, including the 2.5 tip oulet diameter. We offer a re-use your X54 OEM tips, dual tips or large single tips for the 2.5 quiet application. Each offers a uniquely different sound, which I can discuss with you if you are interested.

The 3.0 version has 3" muffler internals AND full 3" tip outlets, as well, which provides a complete 3" diameter system with no restrictions. Although you can use the 2.5 tips on this system to quiet it down, the only way to achieve the intended 3.0 design is with the larger 3.0 tips. Also, we recently added a new, larger 3.0 extra loud tip design for a customer by request.

2022 Cayenne White
Old 10-19-2011, 12:57 PM
gearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond repute
Split if this helps, I ordered a 2.5 inch from John and awaiting its arrival. He made every attempt and answered every one of my emails almost instantly. And trust me it was a lot of emails. He won't steer you wrong in which ever you go with, the best customer service I have EVER RECIEVED bar none.
Plus do a search you will find many happy customers and glowing reviews.
Can't wait till mine arrives!!
Any updates John?

Old 10-19-2011, 01:11 PM
Basic Sponsor
Thanks,

It's in process AND we are making the custom name plate you requested for you, too.

2022 Cayenne White

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SpeedTech 996TT X-cellerator Cross-Flow Exhaust - SPECIAL SALE!