Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Location (State):

76mm turbo kit for 996TT/997TT/GT2, 700-1000HP - Run with the Big Dogs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 02:49 AM
roadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to behold
Arrow 76mm turbo kit for 996TT/997TT/GT2, 700-1000HP - Run with the Big Dogs

Category: Engine - Power Adders
Price: $6000
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits: Porsche 911 996 Turbo
Location (State): TX
Item Condition: Used
Shipping Information: Item can be shipped

Update 5/8/10: Price dropped to $5500. Posting on ebay tomorrow...

Genuine Garrett GT3076 turbo kit for 996TT. Compete bolt on kit which includes a pair of T3 flanged, 76mm GT ball bearing, water-cooled turbos. It has Tial V-band 44mm external wastegates. There are several housing A/Rs to choose from; smaller A/R allows faster spoolup and larger A/Rs allow better the flow at high rpms. These have the .63 housings which offer quickest spoolup.

Parts list:

-Pair of Garrett GT3076 turbos, 3" inlets, .63 A/R turbine housings, used but no street miles (bolted on for dyno testing and removed)
-Stainless steel true merge headers with 44mm external wastegate flanges and dump tubes
-Tial 44mm 12psi external wastegates, red anodized
-Stainless steel oil inlet lines (new)
-Complete coolant line kit (new)
-Exhaust adapters (allows use with any 996TT exhaust)

Appropriate fuel system modifictions and engine management (tuning) are required. For ultimate performance, the following upgrades are recommended: intake, exhaust, spark plugs, intercoolers, and clutch. Many other details and options are involved in such a build so if you are new to this please speak to your tuner or PM me for help.

These turbos are considered by many as the largest you can efficiently run on a stock 996TT/997TT engine. Output is typically limited to 700-850 crank HP for a stock engine depending on tuning and other upgrades. They are rated at over 1000HP for the pair so there is plenty of room to grow should you desire to push the envelope of tuning with race gas, or build a stronger motor.

PM or email me for references.

roadsterdoc@yahoo.com

Last edited by roadsterdoc; 08-15-2010 at 09:43 AM. Reason: Lower the price.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:50 AM
flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !
Are these the identical turbos Dr Jitsu has?

Old 09-30-2009, 11:47 AM
roadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by flash68
Are these the identical turbos Dr Jitsu has?
That is correct, same setup: GT3076 turbos w/ .63 A/R housings, as well as same headers, wastegates, etc. His other mods include Protomotive tuning, Protomotive pull-through upgraded MAF combined with EVOMS V-flow intake, 60 lb injectors, EVOMS Clubsport intercoolers and hoses, 60 lb injectors, Europipe catless exhaust, and Carbonetics ATS clutch.

Old 09-30-2009, 09:15 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Dang Chris, your knowledge of my set up is impressive...however don't forget the second fuel pump and S car Go lower intake. Have you been feeding and watering your turbo tree again?

Where you going to install the API/Vivid kit? The quality is excellent.

Last edited by Dr_jitsu; 09-30-2009 at 09:34 PM.
Old 10-01-2009, 12:10 PM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
I don't have enough info regarding tuning the 911 turbo engines, so excuse me if my question sound stupid. I have 997TT with full cargraphic exhaust system. I understand I need to get upgraded intercooler and ECU to run these turbo's is there anything else I need ?

Old 10-03-2009, 07:01 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
You need upgraded intercoolers, ECU Tune, different intake piping, different water and oil line fittings. Switching to the Garrett setup is much different on a 997TT. I have done it and can provide you with the additional parts you will need if you get Chris' setup.

Old 11-26-2009, 08:30 AM
Setup is still available. We are moving so I am motivated to sell.

Old 02-19-2010, 07:23 AM
Mpsuk is infamous around these parts
What would you take for the kit?

Old 02-19-2010, 02:34 PM
Originally Posted by Mpsuk
What would you take for the kit?
PM or email me if interested.

Last edited by roadsterdoc; 05-08-2010 at 07:09 AM.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:09 PM
Any offers before I split up the kit?

Old 05-06-2010, 12:03 AM
orbelo has much to be proud oforbelo has much to be proud oforbelo has much to be proud oforbelo has much to be proud oforbelo has much to be proud oforbelo has much to be proud oforbelo has much to be proud oforbelo has much to be proud of
these still available? if so can you email me at oovaness@gmail.com

Old 05-08-2010, 07:03 AM
Originally Posted by orbelo
these still available? if so can you email me at oovaness@gmail.com
Yes, still available.

Old 05-08-2010, 01:18 PM
Still available. I will ship overseas and can provide references.

Last edited by roadsterdoc; 08-15-2010 at 09:45 AM.
Old 11-09-2011, 01:58 AM
SD996TT6SPD is just really niceSD996TT6SPD is just really niceSD996TT6SPD is just really niceSD996TT6SPD is just really nice
Kit still avail?

Old 11-09-2011, 06:05 AM
Originally Posted by SD996TT6SPD
Kit still avail?
Yes. Complete and ready to ship.

Chris
roadsterdoc@yahoo.com

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 76mm turbo kit for 996TT/997TT/GT2, 700-1000HP - Run with the Big Dogs