Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Location (State):

Need wicker/gurney flap for GT2 wing - or better wingblade for GT2 decklid

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 05:37 AM
Hogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MrWhite
Need my car to stop doing this... lol

Great looking shot of your car.

Old 04-02-2010, 10:25 AM
MrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond repute
ahardm3 - thx for the info! They seem to carry a lot of various stuff.

951: It is adjustable, and it helps too, but I want it to help a little more, and earlier.

Old 04-02-2010, 02:37 PM
MrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond repute
Gmg told me they make the 15mm for gt2 wing to order so i will be testing that as soon as they have it ready.

Old 04-02-2010, 04:44 PM
Page is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of light
Cool, let us know how it works out for you. It might slow you down in the straights!

OT: how you like your KW V3 set up around the tracks. I was considering the KW V3, JRZ RS or RS Pro's coilovers.

Old 04-02-2010, 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by Page
Cool, let us know how it works out for you. It might slow you down in the straights!

OT: how you like your KW V3 set up around the tracks. I was considering the KW V3, JRZ RS or RS Pro's coilovers.

Will do! A lot of the positive from a gurney is that it helps the wing "release" the air better thus reducing the drag, while yet adding df - especially since the wing can be run a lower angle overall due to higher efficiency - however a 15mm instictively seems tall... So I don't expect too much lost time in straight line but testing will have to tell!

The KW V3 is great value for money, the Turbo set has pretty soft springs compared to the KW V3 for GT2 but yet good enough to set some good laptimes and very easy to live with on street. Their basic philosophy imo is a lot better than the PSS9, swallows rough stuff on the road better, while yet offering a lot better body control at higher speeds.

Springs can also always be swapped out, I actually just today put a set of other springs on my KW V3s to run a little more track oriented setup and more fit for my 2WD setup, got them from Swift Springs (they have everything you could wish for in springs).

Old 10-25-2015, 10:21 AM
awdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by ahardm3
I purchased the car with the lip on it from a guy in Miami. He tracked the car for one year then moved on to Cup cars. All aftermarket work done to the car was done at a place called NGT motorsport
I too am looking for a wicker for my OEM GT2 spoiler/trunk. I called NGT in Miami as well as GMG. NGT was not able to help me at the time as they were out racing. GMG was not able to find the part in the catalog, and never got a call or email back from them. Does this part exist any longer? My spoiler will be out of the body shop mid week and looking to add a wicker before one of the last events of the year.

Old 10-26-2015, 03:24 AM
timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !
GruppeM in Japan makes a Gurney flap google them

Old 10-26-2015, 09:12 AM
gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !
Not sure if you have heard of him but Joe Toth makes custom splitters, dive planes, and gurney flaps... https://www.facebook.com/Joe-Toth-Co...7080514497340/

Here is a gt3 version he made...

Above pics are from this thread: http://rennlist.com/forums/996-gt2-g...rney-flap.html

Last edited by gophaster; 10-26-2015 at 09:14 AM.
Old 10-26-2015, 10:04 AM
awdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by gophaster
Not sure if you have heard of him but Joe Toth makes custom splitters, dive planes, and gurney flaps... https://www.facebook.com/Joe-Toth-Co...7080514497340/

Here is a gt3 version he made...

Above pics are from this thread: http://rennlist.com/forums/996-gt2-g...rney-flap.html
I spoke to him through Facebook once. He said he did not make a wicker for the GT2 spoiler.

Old 10-26-2015, 07:35 PM
AdrianM5 is a name known to allAdrianM5 is a name known to allAdrianM5 is a name known to allAdrianM5 is a name known to allAdrianM5 is a name known to allAdrianM5 is a name known to all
Please keep us posted I'm interested in getting one for my gt2 wing maybe a group buy

Old 11-03-2015, 09:02 PM
Originally Posted by AdrianM5
Please keep us posted I'm interested in getting one for my gt2 wing maybe a group buy
When i spoke to GMG they made mention they may make one if there was enough interest. Give them a call, I did. I also spoke to Tony at Precision Porsche, He is going to try to make one as well. I want one for sure.

Old 02-02-2016, 08:16 PM
Has there been any progress or update on a 996 GT2 gurney flap?

Old 08-21-2019, 12:23 PM
Lennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond repute
https://www.vividracing.com/gruppem-...-p-154027.html

anyone have any pics of this on a GT2 wing? very interested to see how CF would look on CF, weave, fitment, etc.

Old 08-21-2019, 01:28 PM
Lennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond repute