Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 05:45 AM
Former Vendor
Kevin Bennett is infamous around these parts
Post Introducing Lithium Pros

Category: Engine - Electrical
Price: $0
Private or Vendor Listing: Vendor Listing
Part fits: Porsche 911 997 Turbo, Porsche 911 997 Non-Turbo, Porsche 911 996 Turbo, Porsche 911 996 Non-Turbo, Porsche Cayenne, Porsche Boxter/Cayman, Porsche Panamera, Older Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati, Aston Martin, Bentley, Nissan GTR, American vehicles
Location (State): TN
Item Condition: Brand New
Shipping Information: Item can be shipped

Introducing Lithium Pros

I would like to introduce myself and a new company providing lithium ion batteries for high end cars like yours. The company is Lithium Pros (see www.lithiumpros.com for more info.) I will be working the boards here and will be doing my best to help with battery questions in general. If you have specific questions about using lithium ion batteries in place of lead acid batteries, ask me. I will do my best to help.

I and the rest of the team here bring some unique experience to the table. I spent 16 years with Powermaster developing starters and alternators for racing. From 2005 on I worked with XS Power developing 12 and 16V lead acid AGM batteries for racing and car audio use. From 2008 on I have worked with XS Power’s lithium battery division. This year, Lithium Pros is the new name for the former lithium ion battery operations of XS Power. Having a deep knowledge of starters, alternators, and batteries means that we understand the "big three" in your electrical system. That is very helpful as we understand how the three are interconnected and how the performance of one affects the other two.

You can learn more about us from our website (and we are looking for people to sponsor... .) I look forward to learning more about you.

Attached Images   
Old 05-09-2011, 06:31 AM
PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !
So....is this an item that is suitable for street use in a daily driver that sees only occasional track days? Besides the ability to crank, can they contend with running normal accessories without losing battery life? Will it require using a charger between uses?

Old 05-10-2011, 07:09 AM
WTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant future
These look like the same batteries Stinger and Lightning Audio sell just with different stickers??

Old 05-10-2011, 07:36 AM
Former Vendor
Yes Lithium Pros batteries are designed for both track and street use. Most of the employees here have them in their daily drivers and have had them through the winter here in East Tennessee with no problems.

The cranking ability of a Lithium Pros battery is exceptional. The bulk of our experience is in professional drag racing where our 6 lb 16V battery is cranking 15:1 850+ cu in engines with ease. Our focus is on making the lowest ESR (equivalent series resistance) batteries and this shows when you crank. There are other choices on the market for lithium ion automotive batteries but the ESR is higher (with some competitors much higher) and this means slow cranking.

With 12V Lithium Pros batteries a special charger is not required but it does have to be AGM compatible. Do not use unregulated chargers intended for flooded lead acid batteries only.

When you ask about charging between uses, may I assume this is for periods of more than two weeks? If less, I see no need for any type of aux. charging as the vehicle's alternator should supply all the needs of the vehicle. If you are storing the car for more than two weeks the answer lies more with the parasitic loads of the car, not the battery. Float charging is not necessary for the Lithium Pros battery but it may be necessary for the car. Some exotics have high parasitic drain on the battery for engine computers and other electronics. (My brother's Lambo does...) The use of a float charger (like a Battery Tender, etc.) is OK to supply the power for these small loads provided it is set at 13.6V or less. Optionally one could disconnect the battery if storing the car for a long period but that's a hassle with electronics memories. By itself the Lithium Pros battery has very low self discharge, much less than any lead acid battery.

Old 05-10-2011, 07:44 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by WTFitsCarter
These look like the same batteries Stinger and Lightning Audio sell just with different stickers??
Looks can be deceiving

I am not sure but I believe Odyssey Batteries had the first of these cases on the market. Considering their time on the market they have become somewhat of a standard case size. We chose to use these cases since many battery holders and boxes are already designed for them although we do not purchase them from Odyssey. In fact we have no connection to Odyssey, Stinger, or Lightning Audio.

Internally these are lithium ion batteries with control electronics designed for starting applications. They are not lead acid batteries as I believe the Stinger batteries are. They are built here in East Tennessee, USA.

Old 05-10-2011, 11:50 AM
Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !
whats the price and weight?

Old 05-10-2011, 11:56 AM
Former Vendor
We have 13 part numbers today and we are adding five more shortly. Prices range from $499 for 12V/3.6 lbs to $1,995 for 12V/15.5 lbs. Call us to discuss your specific needs.

(865) 688-2083.

Old 05-10-2011, 12:21 PM
Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !
so why would one chose this over a Brailie or ODessey batteries that come in that weight class at a much less of a cost?

Old 05-10-2011, 12:45 PM
Former Vendor
Odyssey batteries are lead acid. Braille supplies both lead acid and lithium ion. If you are referring the Braille lithium ion, we are competitive if not a better value. If you are referring to the Odyssey and Braille lead acid offerings, there are several reasons to go lithium vs. lead acid. See http://lithiumpros.com/why-lithium/

Old 05-10-2011, 01:59 PM
not trying to start any trouble just trying to get educated
http://www.suncoastparts.com/product//B14115.html