Price:

Mileage:

Location (State):

$2M Cars Impounded after racing in Canada

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 12:52 AM
M3ANMACHINE is infamous around these parts
LOL at cars being impounded for doing 120mph. So ridiculous. Canada FTL!

Old 09-18-2011, 10:09 AM
Snowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to behold
This is not a Canadian thing. It's BC only at this point. Your car can be impounded for up to 7 days for being 40k (25mph) over the limit. If it's a road racing thing then they can apply to the courts to seize it. The 40kph issue has been in place a year or so (I think September 1, 2010 but not sure). The seizing for road racing has been around for a few years.

John in Vancouver

Old 09-18-2011, 12:07 PM
Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !
... not so fast there fella - Ontario has the same thing but their speed is 50kph over the limit. Who needs courts when the cops can just impound cars when they feel like it? Even if the charges are dropped - good luck getting your money back from the impound and tow.

Old 09-18-2011, 01:29 PM
shtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud of
My fear is that someday GPS, cell phone networks, Lojak and the like will make monitoring everyone's speed and location possible all the time. We could be cited any and every time we exceed a speed limit anywhere. I know it sound's a little "George Orwell" but the technology is upon us, as well as local governments desperation for revenue. It could turn into a problem. Fox News recently reported that Allstate currently has an insurance plan which offers a cheaper rate if you let them install a GPS tracking device to monitor your speed.

Last edited by shtfrbrains; 09-18-2011 at 01:31 PM.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:00 PM
Basic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant future
Too much government, time for a revolution

Old 09-19-2011, 02:07 AM
superbike81 is a name known to allsuperbike81 is a name known to allsuperbike81 is a name known to allsuperbike81 is a name known to allsuperbike81 is a name known to allsuperbike81 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by shtfrbrains
My fear is that someday GPS, cell phone networks, Lojak and the like will make monitoring everyone's speed and location possible all the time. We could be cited any and every time we exceed a speed limit anywhere. I know it sound's a little "George Orwell" but the technology is upon us, as well as local governments desperation for revenue. It could turn into a problem. Fox News recently reported that Allstate currently has an insurance plan which offers a cheaper rate if you let them install a GPS tracking device to monitor your speed.
Sounds good to me! I'll let them install it in my daily driver which I never speed in anyways. I'll take the discount for that, but keep it out of my Porsche LOL!

Old 09-19-2011, 07:13 AM
Lennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bng4god
Since when are "asian" kids associated with Tokyo drift? Isn't that general and ignorant statement? Why not just say a bunch of spoiled rich kids?

Did you look at the picture of the owners of all those cars? Hmm when were Asian kids associated with toyko drift? Have you seen the movie, other than that idiot paul walker want to be and bow wow, who else are the main characters.

It would be general there were one or two individuals representing the group, but again look at the picture.