Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Location (State):

Smart Top module for 997 Cab

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 11:05 PM
ShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud of
****sold****

Category: Accessories
Price: $250
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits: Porsche 911 997 Turbo, Porsche 911 997 Non-Turbo
Location (State): CA
Item Condition: Used
Shipping Information: Item can be shipped

***SOLD***

2 year old Smart Top module (includes strap) for 997 Cabriolets. $250.00 - compare with new at ~$398.

Easy to install and remove if needed; very easy to program using the car computer stalk (the one under the turn signal stalk).

The features I enjoyed the most:

• Open all windows/roof with the remote (very handy when you're loading the car or just to have the top down when you approach)
  • One touch open/close for top and windows
  • One touch for all windows vs. just front two
  • Chirp when car locked/unlocked
  • Trunk release delay

Attached Images  

Last edited by ShawnBoston; 02-20-2012 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Sold
Old 01-11-2012, 08:58 PM
Katera is just really niceKatera is just really niceKatera is just really niceKatera is just really nice
Sorry tried to send this via PM but don't have enough posts...blah.

Hi Shawn, sorry to hear that you had to trade your C4S in. It sure seems like you got a bad egg. Ironically I bought an 09 C4S convertible about a month ago CPO'ed from my local dealer with 5700 miles on it. We did the recall HPFP replacement last week just to get it out of the way before it pooped out. Other then that the car has been incredibly fun. In reference to the smart top for sale I assume that came off your 09 C4S? Do you think that chip had anything to do with the various electrical issues you had with the car? I noticed the PCM died a few times. I was wondering if that little guy could of sent amps to places that didn't want them? Just curious as I have actually been looking at the smart top, but was scared to do anything that might mess with my electronics or void my warranty. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Old 01-11-2012, 11:26 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
I've never heard of anyone having PCM (or any other) issues when using a SmarTop. Some cab owner should snap this one up at the bargain price. I love mine.

Old 01-15-2012, 10:15 PM
mrstress324 is infamous around these parts
Is it still available

Old 01-20-2012, 03:25 PM
timmp is infamous around these parts
Pm

Shawn

Sent you a pm - let me know if ST is still available

tim

Old 01-20-2012, 05:25 PM
MichaelL is infamous around these partsMichaelL is infamous around these parts
I had a smart top module with a catastrophic failure within a week of installation. Lucky it didn't cause a fire in the wiring. Was able to get my mechanic to manually erect the top and remove the thing within a short time of when it failed. Car nearly undriveable with blowing horn & flashing lights. Uncompensated costs for installation, removal & 2 way shipping. Loss of use of the car for several days. Uncaring and unapologetic manufacturer. Use at your own risk.

Old 01-20-2012, 05:56 PM
ShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Katera
Sorry tried to send this via PM but don't have enough posts...blah.

Hi Shawn, sorry to hear that you had to trade your C4S in. It sure seems like you got a bad egg. Ironically I bought an 09 C4S convertible about a month ago CPO'ed from my local dealer with 5700 miles on it. We did the recall HPFP replacement last week just to get it out of the way before it pooped out. Other then that the car has been incredibly fun. In reference to the smart top for sale I assume that came off your 09 C4S? Do you think that chip had anything to do with the various electrical issues you had with the car? I noticed the PCM died a few times. I was wondering if that little guy could of sent amps to places that didn't want them? Just curious as I have actually been looking at the smart top, but was scared to do anything that might mess with my electronics or void my warranty. Let me know what you think. Thanks!
Hi, I really do not think so. I think I just got a very, very bad car. I was worried about it for a while and removed the ST . . . what do you know, the car broke down twice. For example, the short under the passenger seat was due to a wire that was not properly prepared. That is a manufacturing problem that could not have possibly been caused by the module.

Anyway, the ST worked perfectly for me and I was happy to have it. Wish the same had been true of my car.