Porsche 997 Turbo wheels with Michelin Pilot Sports

Category: Wheels & Tires
Price: $1500
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits: Porsche 911 997 Turbo, Porsche 911 996 Turbo
Location (State): CA
Item Condition: Used
Shipping Information: Item can be shipped

This is a set of factory 997 Turbo wheels I pulled off a car that I no longer have. This are the real deal, not Chinese replicas. They have Michelin Pilot Sport tires on them that are in decent condition. The front tires are 235/35/19's that have about 60% of their life left in them, the rears are 305/30/19's and they have about 20% left. These are for a wide body 911, they will fit any wide body 997, and more than likely any wide body 996 although I do not know that for a fact. These are a Porsche wheel and they fit Porsche, please don't waste my time asking if they fit some other brand of car, I don't know and I am not going to know or do the research for you. I'm asking $1500 which is a bargain compared to buying them new from Porsche or even for what they are going for used on ebay, I would prefer a quick and easy local sale, however, if I can't get close to my asking price I will be putting them on ebay. Please call me at 916-997-3687, thanks for looking.

Old 06-15-2012 | 10:12 AM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
These will fit narrow body 997's.

Old 06-15-2012 | 02:09 PM
|
mufflerman is infamous around these parts
I see that in your avatar, thanks for the info, very helpful. What did you pay for yours?

Old 06-16-2012 | 05:12 PM
jsimon77 is infamous around these parts
My rear tires which are new are 295's. Will they work with these?

Old 06-16-2012 | 07:25 PM
Hogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jsimon77
My rear tires which are new are 295's. Will they work with these?
If they came from the factory w/ 305s I wouldn't put 295s on them. Theyd be stretched out to far IMO.

Old 06-16-2012 | 07:44 PM
jsimon77 is infamous around these parts
Really? So the wheels stretch? What would you be worried about happening?

Old 06-16-2012 | 08:50 PM
Hogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond repute
I don't think the wheels will stretch at all. The tires are another story. Porsche put the right size tires on the wheels that keep the side walls flat & square as possible to the wheels. If that is a 305 then your 295 is roughly 1/2 shorter in width and will need to stretch or flare out a 1/4" on each side to reach the lip of the wheel.

No that's not a lot and not nearly as bad as trying to put 295s on a wheel that takes 315s. But these cars are hard on rear tires and I ( it's just me ) want what is supposed to be on the wheel and not just something to make it work.

Do what you want, they will fit. It's no skin off my back either way.

Old 06-17-2012 | 07:58 AM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
The stock rims on 997 Carrera's and Turbo's are all 11" wide and come with either 295's or 305's...you'll be fine.

Old 06-17-2012 | 08:02 AM
Originally Posted by mufflerman
I see that in your avatar, thanks for the info, very helpful. What did you pay for yours?
More than your asking price and I didn't get tires. My wheels do have the $1300 option for black paint instead of the gun metal.

Old 06-18-2012 | 03:00 PM
|
mufflerman is infamous around these parts
The tire width is measured bead to bead, not from the edge of the contact patch to the other, so it isn't a full 1/4 inch of width difference between a 295 and a 305, it's only a little over an 1/8. Either way, it's nominal and not an issue.

Old 09-11-2012 | 03:40 PM
JaYi41 is infamous around these parts
Still available?

if so feel free to contact me via email: jasonyi41@gmail.com (i am not sure If i am able to send/get private messages.

I am local to you in sacramento as well.

thanks